Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
PC'ing casing
    #4136869 -

I had a question about PC'ing casing material. So yeah.. you get the right moisture content, then PC. But.. what sort of lids do you use?? Should you just use a Tyvek (maybe doubled up) lid with the band screwed on tight??

I've read about many PC'ing casing material.. but just never HOW.

Sam


--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PC'ing casing [Re: Sammy]
    #4136910 -

I just throw my casing mixture (after everything is mixed, moisture added & right) into an autoclave bag & nuke it 4 times @ 2.5 minutes each (flipping the bag between each time).

I use a rubber band around the bag neck to hold it closed, but loose enough steam can escape. To tight & the bag will expand & burst. Once done, I simply tighten the rubber band TIGHT & allow the bag to cool to room temp - before use.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PC'ing casing [Re: agar]
    #4136915 -

Can you use a big ziplock bag to sterilize casing mix?


--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PC'ing casing [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4136966 -

damn it. I need some PC advice please. Thanks though.

Sam


--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Dry verm=Moist Verm after PC'ing clumbsy_smurf 1,911 5 10/11/02 04:25 PM
by overclock
* Birdseed, After the PC'ing avarrin 1,681 10 05/29/02 04:09 PM
by ShroomNewb
* Jars Too Dry After PC-ing??? estaesPACO 2,579 6 04/23/02 11:39 PM
by nw2shroom
* PC'ing and graduall cooling bladerunnerss 999 4 09/28/02 09:32 AM
by StS
* Problems in PC'ing :( socratesmind 965 4 09/26/02 07:41 PM
by UncleCavebear
* PC'ing oven bags tom 761 2 06/04/01 10:13 PM
by Pinhead
* question about PC'ing syringes AbstractSoul 651 1 04/18/02 03:58 PM
by BlueJay
* possible alternate to pc'ing birdseed.... atoning_unifex 1,369 13 06/19/02 08:14 PM
by atoning_unifex

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
871 topic views. 16 members, 148 guests and 142 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.