Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hygrometer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMych
Stranger

what fruiting chamber? (modified PMP?)
    #4133934 - 05/04/05 07:31 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I have never actually grown before, but i have quite a bit of info down already. Ive got some cambodian, ecuador, and thai super strain on the way... my incubator consists of the dual rubbermaid bins with water and a fish heater inbetween. I would LOVE to have a fruiting chamber that is as nice as this. The PMP sounds perfect to me (geolite, water and airstones at the bottom) as it is easy to keep discreet, and it is practically self automated. The issue is that i will most likely be doing casing soon after i play with the PFteks a bit.
the issue: i have heard that the PMP isnt the best design for casing as the humidity is too high and you dont have the vertical stacking space.
my remedy: i was thinking of splicing the air from the airstone and up into a standard air nozzle that is above the water (therefor pumping in some dry air). this would be on a variable valve so i could calibrate the humidity with my cheap $10 analog hygrometer. Will this work? I will also probably get some wire racks with legs if i really need more verticle stacking space.

so will my remedy make a PMP more suitable for casing or is there something more elegant that i am unaware of? a martha seems like a bit of a pain and not as "stealth" as just a rubbermaid container chilling in a room. stealth isnt all that important but hey.

edit: also, any suggested improvements to the PMP for casing would be cool.

Edited by DigitalChaos (05/04/05 07:35 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: what fruiting chamber? (modified PMP?) [Re: Mych]
    #4133940 - 05/04/05 07:32 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

sounds ok to me thats wut i do is pump dry air

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: what fruiting chamber? (modified PMP?) [Re: Mych]
    #4133949 - 05/04/05 07:34 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

No need for modifications to use your PMP for casings.  Just up the air input and it'll lower the RH.  I use a PMP for my casings and can easily regulate the humidity with less/more airflow to the bubble wands... GL bro :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

OfflineMych
Stranger

Re: what fruiting chamber? (modified PMP?) [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #4133969 - 05/04/05 07:38 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

NeedMoreSleep said:
No need for modifications to use your PMP for casings.  Just up the air input and it'll lower the RH.  I use a PMP for my casings and can easily regulate the humidity with less/more airflow to the bubble wands... GL bro :stoned:

sweet. i figured that keeping the total airflow (stones and dry air) up was a good idea for the air exchange though.  reducing airstones flow would clearly reduce humidity but also the airflow.

as fo the casings in the PMP... is there any desire to have the casing pans somehow drawing up moisture from the bottom geolite mixture or no? im thining a pan with a screened bottom might work nicely

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hygrometer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation