Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Two things that piss me off
    #4121498 - 05/01/05 11:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've always hated the whole nationalistic patriotism that people on the right spew.  It's like loving your country means loving everything the government does(as long as the government is run by Republicans).  Fuck that.  Dissent is not treason(it can even be patriotic sometimes).  We the people are America, not those douchebags in Washington trying to run our lives.  But even then, we need to realize that we're not perfect.  While there's a lot of great people here, there's also a bunch of fatasses and rednecks.

But one thing I'm starting to hate even more is the flip-side of the coin.  I hate how liberals and foreigners(especially Europeans) think it's cool to talk shit about America.  True, we do go sticking our noses in other countries' business where it doesn't belong, and it's fine to criticize that, as long as it's constructive criticism.  But we're not as ignorant and racist as you assholes think we are.  At least no more than you arrogant hypocrites are.  I see so many people that like to find a way to blame America for everything, and I'm sick of it. 
(PS: capitalism pwnz j00 :finger:)

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Two things that piss me off [Re: Silversoul]
    #4121515 - 05/01/05 11:44 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Right on  :headbang:

Im still glad i have nationalistic patriotism though.  What can i say  :shrug:

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #4121519 - 05/01/05 11:44 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You make some good points, but nothing's ever going to change unless there's a revolution or shift in consciousness.

It really is unneeded stress and you shouldn't worry about it.

I'm not saying become a mindless sheep, but as much as we'd all like to rule the world and change things to our liking, we can't, so we just gotta suck it up and deal with it.

And yes, fuck capitalism.

If humans weren't so inherently greedy a communistic society would be wonderful.

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4121525 - 05/01/05 11:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The two most common errors in this country are that our politicians are dumb and that they mean well. Exactly the opposite is true. - J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Anything followed blindly is prone to BS.

Europeans only feel this way due to the image of america created by our media, as well as theirs.

(Capitalism does kick ass... it'd be better if it were real capitalism though)

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#4121532 - 05/01/05 11:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

true and true, but one thing foreigners think expecially russians is that we got a great country to live in. Its just our youth are so spoiled the country is going to shit. We dont even realise how good we really have it and we take it for granted. Only 10% of the world has cell phones. Guess where theyall live. We get in a habit of cuncuming things and we begin to need them in alll reallity its nothing but a plastic hunk of shit.

#4121540 - 05/01/05 11:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The aswer to our problems doest lie in the out side world. Raise your children how you for see the world you want them to live in. Teach them the morality of what is going on inthis world. Show em that its quality not quontity.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Two things that piss me off [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4121543 - 05/01/05 11:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SHEIKofSHIITAKE said:
Only 10% of the world has cell phones. Guess where theyall live.

Actually, I heard America is behind other countries in cell phone ownership. I hear Jamaica has more cell phones than people.

--------------------

#4121554 - 05/01/05 11:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i couldnt see that as being true, but i would agree since actually there is only a handful of people that live there and a lot more tourists. Japan and china i am sure have lots of cells to. but that is not the point of what i am saying.

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
    #4121560 - 05/01/05 11:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

man, you think really hard on some of this stuff, dont you?

Life happens, it's all a blast and very entertaining. There is plenty of material for us to get frustrated about.

Best option is to stay chill, smoke some grass, be happy, and observe the dance. It's gonna happen like it's gonna happen, it's there for us to enjoy or hate, we can be as active as our energy allows, but life is life, and serioulsly horible actions from our leaders seem to be a staple of this life.

Live, enjoy, don't get too hung up in what happens beyond your control.

Life is a beautifull dance despite the ugly misteps of our leaders

(however ugly, are they really anything less than necessary? These things provoke such powerfull thought and action from some of us, I sometimes feel these things to be a blessing)

Loveing you all. :wink:

--------------------

Re: Two things that piss me off [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4121565 - 05/01/05 11:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thats what im getting at many people are spoiled and dont see what is good in life. You got to count your blessings

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4121566 - 05/01/05 11:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Some of that can be attributed to the all-too-human tendency to over-generalise, you know....

Re: Two things that piss me off [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4121575 - 05/02/05 12:02 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

seriously. The way i and many speak are so inderect. its insane any one knows what they are listening to. Lie every word has ten new meanings. Shit is a word for what you are doing. Fuck can be used any way you say it. a farm tool means slut, it goes on and on..

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4121590 - 05/02/05 12:07 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I hate all humans equally, even myself. To me patriotism and the flag and what it stands for (what it really stands for) go hand in hand. If you love your country then thats all it is, love.

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Two things that piss me off [Re: faslimy]
    #4121622 - 05/02/05 12:17 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

At least you believe in equality :smirk:.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4122062 - 05/02/05 02:13 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

How much I hate stuff (on a 1-10 scale, 1 means none and 10 means a lot):

The Right Wing - 7.5
The Left Wing - 9

Both sides of the political spectrum are home to idiots and hyperbole.

The uninformed foreigners who love to rip on the U.S. piss me off too. If they came across as informed and intelligent, then they wouldn't piss me off. They never do. They come across as biased America-hating buffoons.

Edited by RandalFlagg (05/02/05 02:14 AM)

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

Re: Two things that piss me off [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4122069 - 05/02/05 02:25 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

As much as I disagree and feel disgusted by some of the things I read in this thread...S2Dope your post is by far the worst. "If we don't hang together, we shall for surely all hang separately" (Doesn't exactly explain how I dissent towards your posts, but I feel it can help to shed some light on the consciousness of this thread). Paradig...You are right, I have talked about each of your points with friends a lot lately, it is sad how people view dissent as being unpatriotic, and it is sad that the rest of the world hates us with such enthusiam. You make good points and if you'd like to talk about some of the finer points and also a couple things that i'm sure no one has thought about, lets start our own thread. Back to S2dope though, if we all maintain the mentality that life is what it is, and we can't do anything about it, then of course thing will turn to shit. WE need people to stand against the norm, even if what they say isn't always true. "when error collides with truth, the resulting product is of course, of more value"

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

Re: Two things that piss me off [Re: Shagshow]
    #4122070 - 05/02/05 02:26 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Some foreigners make a few quality points...for example, our system of measure. Why haven't we adopted the metric system, not even American scientists/mathematicians use our system of measure, they all use the metric system...Stubbornness?

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF
Re: Two things that piss me off [Re: Shagshow]
    #4122194 - 05/02/05 04:32 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm an American but I've been living overseas for nearly a decade. Since 9/11 I've been thinking about this a lot. Many people seem to feel that the world was really sympathetic to our pain after 9/11. And of course, that's the way it seemed. But, on the other hand, what else are people going to say after a tragedy like that? So, the way most people see it, we had the world on our side more than ever after 9/11 but Bush just flushed it down the toilet. I have another, more depressing theory, however. I think something about seeing those buildings crumple actually caused people to start hating America right then and there. There were anti-American demonstrations in Japan immediately following 9/11. And Japan is a friendly country! I started hearing people speak poorly of America all over the place way before Bush started up in Iraq. They say that people love the underdog. But, I think what people really love is a solid champion. Take the Superbowl, for example, people may say they like to root for the underdog, but if you listen to the crowds, the favored teams always draw more cheers. I think, perhaps, the world was disgusted and angry at us for letting 9/11 happen. In Japan, elementary school teachers were bringing in people from Islamic countries to discuss the evils of America to the school children. It was pretty depressing. I think most Americans would be really surprised at how much hostility is directed at US.

I also think that in some undefined way 9/11 is part of the aftermath of Vietnam. I've been to Vietnam and visited the American war crimes museum in Ho Chi Minh City. It's pretty intense. But anyway, even though the events are seemingly unrelated, Vietnam is when America was really starting to be seen as a force for evil in the world. I can't stress enough how wrong the Vietnam war was. Iraq is nothing compared to Vietnam.

But there's also just a hostility to the big dog on top. People are sick of America being stronger than their countries.

Now this may sound like I'm contradicting myself, like on the one hand I'm saying that people hate us because we let ourselves get smacked on 9/11 and then I say that people hate us because were on top. But when you're talking about something as complex as worldwide public opinion dualistic factors tend to work in tandem.

Anyway, one thing I'm sure of is that America needs to lay low and get the hell off the news every night. I have an international cable system at my house and they show the news from several countries every night. Of course Japan, then America, France, Germany, Indonesia, Korea, Russia maybe others. In all those countries EVERY NIGHT the lead story is something about the USA. Millions die in a war in Sudan? Leading story: America in Iraq. Neither Bush nor Kerry addressed this issue. It's obviously we need to lay low. Let other countries take the lead on certain issues. Like China. Let them take the spotlight for awhile.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

InvisiblePawPaw
Picktish TexasStyle....

Loc: was born down in the sout...
    #4122256 - 05/02/05 05:36 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

S&P is where you can spew your i hate america shit...are you ever happy anymore?

--------------------
Come to Paw Paws place there will be no sleeping tonight

Eric just wants to catch reds ..
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s right on your trail
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s just a step away from hell
WDYWFM?

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Two things that piss me off [Re: PawPaw]
    #4122258 - 05/02/05 05:38 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order