Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
Dark Star Orchestra
    #4085154 - 04/22/05 03:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

this band is developing quite a following.

I saw them last may at Toad's in New Haven, and they're playing there again this year May 29-30. I can't wait! anyone else seen them live?

If anyone else is in the area I recommend checking them out, I'll be there both nights at Toads.

If you've seen The Dead anytime in the past few years, you'll wish you never spent 50 bucks for the tik. Go see DSO for like 25 bucks and hear the true sounds of the dead.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Dark Star Orchestra [Re: BoneMan]
    #4085322 - 04/22/05 04:29 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I saw DSO last year at Deer Creek in Noblesville.  During the set, keller came back on stage and jammed the whole time with them, after playing a 3 hour set himself, hehe.

They are a very great band, and i also would recommend seeing them.  But the Dead is awesome as well.  i neevr did make it to see Jerry unfortunately....
But RatDog certainly got my juices flowing...Heheh my Lucy juice that is :smile:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Dark Star Orchestra [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4085445 - 04/22/05 05:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Deer Creek, you mean Verizon Wireless Center, 0wn3d by the corporate beast.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Dark Star Orchestra [Re: Adamist]
    #4085482 - 04/22/05 05:27 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
Deer Creek, you mean Verizon Wireless Center, 0wn3d by the corporate beast.

thank you...

i must admit, i stand corrected :smirk:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Offlinebatou
artist

Loc: colorado
Re: Dark Star Orchestra [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4086556 - 04/22/05 11:24 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

morning dew is still my favorite song, it reminds me of the awesome time i had when i first moved to boulder. really need to catch them live, alas, to poor...

--------------------
The multiple troubles of man,
My brother, like slander and pain
Amaze you? Consider the heart
That holds them all in strangeness
And doesn't break.
"The Dude abides..."--jeffrey lebowski

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Dark Star Orchestra [Re: batou]
    #4091363 - 04/24/05 01:21 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

ive always wanted to check out the Boulder, Denver CO area. is it that pimpness or what?

to poor? walk in that bitch like you own it. thats what we do, haha. Well some times.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media