Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineurite4594
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Las Vegas NV
Tripping at a concert
    #4586758 - 08/27/05 08:15 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone have any interesting tales of tripping at shows.I was tripping at Coventry during the first set of the first day. I was taken aback. A truly life changing experience. It was neither good nor bad, which i find with most of my trips. It was merely an experience. Does anyone have any advice on tripping at shows? Alot is happening and if your not in a good mental state anxiety could take over.

--------------------
"The only thing I know is that I know nothing."

"Do not dwell on the past, do not fear the future. Appreciate now, after all, that's all you truly ever have."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibledeadHead321
Stranger

Re: Tripping at a concert [Re: urite4594]
    #4587258 - 08/27/05 01:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I've tripped at two shows. Dark Star Orchestra and Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains.

The better story I have is from DSO. It was me and two other guys, we scored some choclates in the lot. Ate them, went in kind of early. So like an hour passes, I dont feel anything and I am getting irritated cause I assumed that I got ripped off. Well as the crowd starts to file in more we decide to move up and find somewhere to stand. I ask my one buddy if he is feeling anything and he replies quickly that he isnt. I ask my other buddy, and he turns to me, pupils swelled up like pennies...and just nods his head. So that was good news to me, figuring it would be only a matter of time. So the show finally starts,and we light up a blunt. I decided to rip it as hard as I could. And within my first 3 hits, I was tripping reeeallly good. DSO is rocking the place out and I am having the time of my life listening to the music that I love. So they are on like the sedond song and I turn around to look for my friends who were a little bit behind me. I only see one, then I look at the floor and notice my other friend has passed out. I immedieatly on the spot sober up and stop tripping. We get him on his feet and he is gone...we drag him over to the side of the venue against the wall. And I am sitting with him, waiting for him to say something..he is just staring straight ahead, looking really bad..all pale and shaken up. Then he just snaps out of it and goes "dude...did i just faint?" and i told him what happened. He collects himself, and we stand up. Suddenly...I am not feeling so good...DSO is in the middle of Bird Song, where they get to the middle of the song and they started an intense jam. All of a sudden I couldnt even hear the music...I just hear distortion and all kinds of crazy shit. I get down on one knee and stare at the ground..and I cannot hear anything except my heart beating...then i start to see this crazy kaleidoscope of tripped out shit....and I feel the mind fuck coming on. I sit like that for like about 5 minutes..still hearing nothing. And I just vomit right there...all i am able to hear is ::splat:: as my projectiles hit the floor. I look up and see all these people just staring at me and pointing and stuff. Then I turn around and a security guy is like up in my face yelling something that I did not understand...and he is pointing towards the door that i was right next to...i just turned around and went outside. Then the door shuts and I am sober again...sweating like crazy, in the freezing december air. And I just assume I got kicked out of the concert. So I sit there staring at the door listening to the muffled music from inside. After about 5-10 minutes my friend (the one who passed out) opens the door and tells me to come back in...and I am like a little school girl so excited that I was allowed back inside. Then the trip came back and I made my way to the front row right up against the stage...and I stay there for the rest of the show...enjoying the power of the mushroom....

--------------------
"They call it a trip because it takes you places"
~TC

All i know is something like a bird within her sang/ All i know she sang a little while and then flew on/Tell me all that you know, i'll show you snow and rain.

OfflineCirclesongs
Stepinsidelove
 User Gallery
Loc: earth
Re: Tripping at a concert [Re: deadHead321]
    #4587331 - 08/27/05 02:28 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I usually dose a few hours before a show so when it starts I have that psychedelic euphoria feeling without losing my sh** inside.

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Re: Tripping at a concert [Re: urite4594]
    #4587344 - 08/27/05 02:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I tripped at bonnaroo 2004 (I think it was 2004.... the time ween was there) and at a ween show in bellingham, wa. Both shows... awsome. I wouldnt recommend it at big shows though... it only really worked at the ween shows because most everyone else there was whacked out of their mind too. I'd love to add more to this but I gotta go eat at dennys.

If you've tripped before, you know what the vibes are all about. Try to think about the kinds of vibes at the shows you go to and if you think they would mesh well with a trip. Yep.

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: Tripping at a concert [Re: Turd]
    #4587395 - 08/27/05 02:53 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i found it uncomfortable at 10,000 lakes.

I did 5 meo AMT before a punk show with my friends, and that was fun.

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Tripping at a concert [Re: headset]
    #4587886 - 08/27/05 05:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I tripped @ Trey at 10,000 then walked around lake sally all night, awesome time.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Tripping at a concert [Re: Cubieman420]
    #4587985 - 08/27/05 06:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I had 4 doses shrooms at Radio City for Dire Straits (Brothers in Arms tour nigh onto 20 years ago). The people we were to meet were late. I said we can't wait. She ate one, I ate three. They showed, were cool about the shrooms issue and lit up the most base-laced bone I ever saw. Fucking unbelievable show. I could just as easily go by knopflerisgod.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media