Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Casing questions regarding successive flushes
    #4081923 -

I have a couple of casings that have had a very prolific first flush using the 50/50+ tek.

One of the casings had a very small 2nd flush and the other has not had ANY 2nd flush. After the first flush I harvested all the shrooms at the same time and then patched with casing mix.

I am wondering why this is and if there is anything I can do.

I am thinking possibly that the first flush might have used up all the nutes, but not certain.

All I know for certain is, after patching, no mycelium has grown thru in well over 2 weeks. This has happened before and I eventually just tossed the casing. I don't really want to make a habit of this though if there is someway to help insure successive flushes.

Thanks in advance.


--------------------
Death is a reason to live

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Casing questions regarding successive flushes [Re: RootedGrowth]
    #4082015 -

Anyone?  :frown:

Also when I pulled the mushrooms off the big casing, the mycelium roots came out with a lot of them.  Could this have traumatized the network?


--------------------
Death is a reason to live

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Casing questions regarding successive flushes [Re: RootedGrowth]
    #4082060 -

well taking of the roots is kinda normal for me too... so that shouldnt be an issue.
With the rest: Have you bothered dunking a casing after the flush, just to check if its the nutrients?
Maybe the mycelium surrounding the first flush has hardened and you have overlay? This could be texted by making a whole new casing layer.
nother thing is, that maybe you havent dampened the casing well enough after the first flush. Remember from pinning to flush a lot of water is absorbed and evaporises.
Hope this helps!


--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Casing questions regarding successive flushes [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #4082165 -

dunk that baby, patch and give it the conditions you gave for the first flush. Thats the best advice I can give to you at this point.


--------------------
8 years now! lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Casing questions regarding successive flushes [Re: jamsandwich]
    #4168890 -

I found this post in a search but the problem is, My conditions provide perfect first flushes and then my second flushes are almost non existant. I read about a year ago about disturbing pinsets , can this be the problem?? Or is it that I am losing moisture in the cakes. I always patch and then mist heavely after a flush. I dont saturate though! I thought it might be my temp but then I flushed a new case and still no 2nd flush on an old case at the same time. Can someone help???


--------------------
Though you can't go back and make a new beginning. You can start today to make a new end.

Traveller, there is no path, paths are made by walking

If Jesus was jewish...Why does he have a mexican name??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* All newbie casing questions answered within Hammerloaf 3,529 6 01/08/02 09:09 AM
by Hammerloaf
* Casing Question...cuz Im Dumb FOAF 2,678 4 06/28/01 11:09 AM
by aluminum_can
* Casing question (pics) Idxactly 1,860 4 09/19/01 08:00 PM
by oscill8
* Re-case(lightly) after flush? black_dove 903 1 02/21/02 02:07 PM
by windex
* PF's double cased/No second flush patzee 1,180 2 06/24/01 02:57 PM
by patzee
* casing incubation between flushes? Raist14 1,023 1 06/03/01 11:26 PM
by gratefulredhead
* casing questions: longbong 1,224 6 06/22/01 11:09 PM
by BrownPastures
* Re: Do you have CASING QUESTIONS?? public discussion puscle 1,146 4 03/07/01 10:15 AM
by hongus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,042 topic views. 21 members, 98 guests and 150 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.