Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGabrielKnight
I can eat moreshrooms thanyou!
 User Gallery

Drying truffles in a dehydrator.
    #4068997 - 04/18/05 03:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I just ordered 1/2kg of truffles and was wondering how long I could keep them for?

I have a quality dehydrator that can be set to <95'F. Worked well on shrooms.  :rolleyes:

Can I have the same success with truffles?

Please describe the whole process of how to keep them for months, not just weeks.  :grin:

Also, I ordered mexicana instead of Tampen... because they were much cheaper. Whats the real difference in strength?  :confused:

Edited by GabrielKnight (04/18/05 03:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKlingonFromUranus
enthusiast

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Drying truffles in a dehydrator. [Re: GabrielKnight]
    #4069133 - 04/18/05 03:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, you can dry them in the dehydrator with no problems. Dry them very well. When they're completely dry, stick them in a desiccant chamber for a few days if you got one to pull the last bit of moisture out. If not, then make sure they are completely dry. Then stick the dried goods into a sealed, airtight canning jar or mason jar. Must be airtight! If you can find one with opaque sides instead of clear, even better!! Add a desiccant pouch to the jar before sealing up. Keep them in this sealed airtight glass jar until ready to use. Try to open it as little as possible and keep in a cool, dark place out of light of any kind(like a dresser drawer). If you follow these directions then they will stay good for many months if not years. Exposing your truffles to light, fresh air, moisture, etc will degrade them. You can also grind them up and store them in honey for many years.

As for your potency question, I can't help you there, but I can say that mexicana truffles are less potent than cubensis fruits-they are only about 2/3 the potency of dried cubies per gram. That means if you normally eat 1/8th of an ounce (3.5 grams) of dried cubies to get a trip, then you'd need to eat about 4.5 to 5 grams dried truffles to experience the same high.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Drying truffles in a dehydrator. [Re: KlingonFromUranus]
    #4070330 - 04/18/05 08:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"As for your potency question, I can't help you there, but I can say that mexicana truffles are less potent than cubensis fruits-they are only about 2/3 the potency of dried cubies per gram. That means if you normally eat 1/8th of an ounce (3.5 grams) of dried cubies to get a trip, then you'd need to eat about 4.5 to 5 grams dried truffles to experience the same high. "

Are you sure of that? I had heard that wet fruits were 2/3 as potent as cubensis but not dry. Truffles are only 60% water so if they are 2/3 as potent fresh, and they lose less water then when dry they should be more potent then dried cubensis. Only because of the water weight. Or maybe I'm confusing this...I remember something about this though...:rasta:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
Re: Drying truffles in a dehydrator. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4072047 - 04/19/05 10:11 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You have it backwards.

wet sclerotia is stronger then cubensis. Dry sclerotia is weaker then cubensis.

30 grams wet sclerotia or 10 grams dry sclerotia are the same potency approx.
30 grams wet cubensis or 2.5-3 grams dry cubensis are the same potency.

Edited by EonTan (04/19/05 10:14 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate