Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
The perfect Religion!
    #4064598 - 04/17/05 02:34 AM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Well... perfect in the sense of how you the reader percieves it. What would it contain, would it a backdrop of mysticism and folklore/fantasy to explain absolutely everything?

Well, their are a ton of isolated beliefs that conflict, and contradict themselves, yet their is also some wisdom in them. So I figured I'd start a thread about it all, and hope that people would contribute.

Take your favorite aspect, and/or most desirable aspect of any religion/belief, and incorporate it in the thread, and explain why it's so significant, and how it would be beneficial for us to adapt our views in light of our current views (whatever they may be).

I'm busy reading atm, so I'll start off with a simple one.

This is a saying from Wiccan beliefs; "An Ye Harm None Do What Ye Will" --various plays on the word arrangement, but the message is clear. Do whatever the fuck you please just don't harm others. I'd elaborate on it a little bit to express that one shouldn't intentionally harm others, yet if it happens it happens... we can't please everyone.

What significance does this have, and how would all benefit from it? Well self explanatory, but it really allows much in the way of freedom of action, and stipulates that harming others is a bad thing.

But what about the definition of harm being subjective?
  :rolleyes: :crazy2:

Do not harm others as to your definition and as to the common definition and what it stipulates, and use your uncommon sense for crying out loud.

If anyone posts about the ego, assuming someone else posts :tongue:; clarify exactly what you're talking about.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: The perfect Religion! [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4065154 - 04/17/05 09:32 AM (19 years, 4 days ago)

"The perfect Religion, is science..."
-Unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: The perfect Religion! [Re: Gomp]
    #4065175 - 04/17/05 09:43 AM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Ha! I knew Science was a religion.

The best religion is noone. A good philosophy is fun. :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: The perfect Religion! [Re: Icelander]
    #4065646 - 04/17/05 01:34 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Science is equally corrupt as a whole in way of it being used, and data altered, as well as protocols being omitted to validate bunk hypothesis's. As a whole that is.

Anyhow, what's a good philosophy to live by then? (In your opinion)

--
This comes from Discordianism, page 0036 of Principia Discordia;
"A =POPE= is someone who is not under the authority of the authorities," and that "Every man, woman and child on this Earth is a genuine and authorized Pope."

Needless to say, it's a belief that suggests that we are all equally able, and correct in our interpretations of events... for, after all we are all popes.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4065904 - 04/17/05 04:08 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Seeing as all religions are just the accumulation of simple perceptual bias, often from only one man who is worse than many others in terms of his regard for liberties, life and people, I would say the perfect religion is Nihilism. It helps you get rid of the perceptual bias of so-called "enlightened" men so you can create your own experienced enlightenment, without simply rolling done the same hill as the prophets and sheep before you.

All ritualized and organized religions with commandments and hierarchies are doomed to be corrupted, exploited and eventually fail. Adding commandments, hierarchies and rituals to a religion are the most damning action you could take against it, in my opinion, as shown by the religions today.

I think the perfect religion should also have LSD and psilocybin as its sacraments, as those will help the people escape from the conformity of being in that religion in the first place.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: The perfect Religion! [Re: Ravus]
    #4065917 - 04/17/05 04:15 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

My perfect religion would be an afterlife with me being more powerful than the God that created everything. I'd dig that.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4065993 - 04/17/05 04:52 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Mine would be one where you just engage in the creative arts all day. I think thats when we are most in tune and at one with source and truth.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: The perfect Religion! [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4066155 - 04/17/05 05:54 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Mine would be one where you just engage in the creative arts all day. I think thats when we are most in tune and at one with source and truth.

Life?

:grin: :thumbup:

:heartpump:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisiblefearfect
    #4066160 - 04/17/05 05:58 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

the perfect religion would give meaning to existence. BTW, existing solely to worship the being(s) that brought about such existence does not satisfy.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4066171 - 04/17/05 06:04 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:

Life?

:grin: :thumbup:

:heartpump:

Yup! When your lucid that what you are doing is living as a creative being :wink: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#4066236 - 04/17/05 06:30 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Religion, by virue of it being a system of dogmas and superstitions, can never be "perfect" in any sense.

But, if there were one philosophy that drives me, it would be this
"I know nothing"

but even that isn't very perfect, since it acknowledges the notion of an "I", but I do what I can with the semmantics.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4066402 - 04/17/05 07:35 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Anyhow, what's a good philosophy to live by then? (In your opinion)
------------------------------------------------------------------

Love everyone unconditionally, including yourself. :heart: :mushroom2: :smile:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: The perfect Religion! [Re: Icelander]
    #4066720 - 04/17/05 09:21 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

The most senile thing ever thought about man is contained in the celebrated saying 'the ego is always hateful'; the most childish is the even more celebrated 'love thy neighbor as thyself'. In the former, knowledge of human nature has ceased. In the latter it has not yet even begun.

:smirk:

That's from Nietzsche, and a rather good point. Loving everyone unconditionally is just a delusion of people who would expand themselves to lose even their humanity of logic and choice, and would eventually be collapsed by the sudden realization that not only are humans not meant to love all other humans, it's a mental impossibility if you were to experience all of them.

Let Saddam's cronies in Iraq write with acetylene torches on your back, pry out your eyes with knives, drive screwdrivers through your hands and chop off your limbs, and I'll see how much you love all humanity after that. Jesus didn't realize his own delusions simply because his torture was just too tame. We could do much better nowadays, and I doubt even the Buddha or the Christ could flash his blank smile at people after experiencing true torture of the modern days.

It's a nice thought, that one day all humans will love their neighbors and themselves, but in such a chaotic universe, natural selection would dispose of these mutations very quickly.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: The perfect Religion! [Re: jux]
    #4066723 - 04/17/05 09:22 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Why I mentioned in the title perfect to the individual... I was talking in respects to beliefs and/or parts of beliefs that you like and your reasoning for it, not a belief system as a whole.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate