Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
The Official Epic Glass Blowing Thread, new pics 5/13!
    #4057274 - 04/15/05 02:21 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well ladies and gents, its aobut time that we got our selves a thread dedicated to glass blowing and everything involved with it.

i am going to work for a few hours straight tonight and will kick off this thread with some nice pieces pendants and flower marbles :smile:

How about you other glass blowers sound off and way hello. :sun:

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Edited by zippoz (05/13/05 03:10 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Epic Glass Blowing Thread [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4057453 - 04/15/05 03:12 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

made 2 pipes, blue was the dominant color, color changing... pics to come

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
    #4057532 - 04/15/05 03:44 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I don't do any glass blowing.

But I love to look at peoples art.

:smile:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Epic Glass Blowing Thread [Re: Roadkill]
    #4057599 - 04/15/05 04:21 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yeah i have 2 bowls anda a bunch o beads.. my damn o2 tank just ran out. that pisses me off to no end... cant get another one till 8 am

heres some pics of my case as of now

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#4057602 - 04/15/05 04:21 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

damn those are some shitty pictures.......

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinebatou
artist

Loc: colorado
Re: The Official Epic Glass Blowing Thread [Re: Roadkill]
    #4057615 - 04/15/05 04:28 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

FINALLY! i haven't had the honor of making any pieces but i have worked a few beads. i am just chomping at the bit to learn more about pieces( more than just smoking accessories). where do i go to learn more (the local community college only lets students use propane to make beads {either too scared or cannot afford the o2}) i am in the Denver area. any and all info would be VERY helpful.
a pm would be nice...

--------------------
The multiple troubles of man,
My brother, like slander and pain
Amaze you? Consider the heart
That holds them all in strangeness
And doesn't break.
"The Dude abides..."--jeffrey lebowski

Edited by batou (04/15/05 04:28 AM)

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4057625 - 04/15/05 04:35 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Nice case!!!
What temperature do you need to melt glass and what sort of flame source are you using? :stoned:

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Epic Glass Blowing Thread [Re: flowstone]
    #4057638 - 04/15/05 04:44 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

well im not sure about the actual temp i think its above 2000 f. as for flame i have a nortel minor torch, which runs on an oxygen propane mix. a hot hot flame...

although i have met a tweaker that made a meth pipe using tube and bottle of mepp gas (yellow container). personally i havent tried it.

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forgotten
    #4057767 - 04/15/05 07:19 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Zipoz , i sent you a pm a while ago saying iw anted to see some pics of some of your newer pieces , im kind of looking for some kind of pipe.

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.

Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: The Official Epic Glass Blowing Thread [Re: sublimistri]
    #4057771 - 04/15/05 07:27 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

how do you make a pipe change colours after it's been smoked out a lot? is it some special kind of glass, or?

--------------------

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
Re: The Official Epic Glass Blowing Thread [Re: Krishna]
    #4057987 - 04/15/05 10:18 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

That's a coloring process called "fuming" where I believe you put a small amount of gold or silver inside the glass, heat it up, and the fumes from the metals color the walls of the glass.

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
    #4057995 - 04/15/05 10:22 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
although i have met a tweaker that made a meth pipe using tube and bottle of mepp gas (yellow container). personally i havent tried it.

You can work on small amounts of glass with MAPP gas and a small torch head. Beads wouldn't be a problem... maybe even small pieces. You could for sure make some crack pipes. They wouldn't be too heady, though :-) I bought a small torch head and a few canisters of MAPP a while ago. Great for doing knife hits!

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
Re: The Official Epic Glass Blowing Thread [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #4058249 - 04/15/05 12:05 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

mapp gass is for tweekers... i havent used it yet, but i've seen the kind of stuff that someone's produced out of it, and it was pathetic...

fuming is done buy cutting a small sliver of silver, gold or even platinum, and then getting a rod of clear, melting the end, and touching it to the metal. Heat the piece up so that its not incredibly hot, but fairly hot.... then touch the metal that's on the end of the clear into a neutralizing flame (low oxygen, higher propane) so that it will make the metal go moten (as well as the glass a little) and you'll notice the piece (toward the tip of the flame) starts getting cloudy with orange (cause it's glowing hot) to yellowish fumes. Then, you do all the draggin and raking, and make sure to use a soft, neutralizing flame most the time to keep the fumeing from burning off.. a piece can become molten and retain fuming, but if you put it in an oxidizing flame (high oxygen, really sharp/hot flame) it will burn off almost instantly.... this is why you see less fuming around mouth pieces, bowl's, and carbs, as they usualy are heated a lot more, and with more intence heat... the ffuming burns off... Also, covering it with clear makes it change colors a lot.

silver will give you the yellow color, that ranges in color from light/dark blue to purple,
gold gives you pinks and oranges
i dont know what platinum does to a piece, but i think someone said it was like silver, but different (if that makes any sence)

if you really want to make a piece look cool, fume half the piece in gold, the other in silver, and then over lap them slightly to have a rainbow full of colors...

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Epic Glass Blowing Thread [Re: Phychotron]
    #4058691 - 04/15/05 01:57 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i have decided not to sell pipes to anyone over the internet..... too ,uch hassle and illegality. buy yes fuming is the way to go, you cant make a piece change any more colors than it al ready has unless you smoke more out of it.

the hole color changing thing is created by coating the glass wiht a fume siolver or gold or both :smile: and when the resin and smoke build up inside the pipe and make a black background it brings the colors out more, i.e. color changing :smile:

and for beads you can even use those little 1 lb propane tank thingies that you use for camp stoves and shop toroches. buy you have to use soft glass, which is so much more toxic than boro or pyrex glass..

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineSoK
pimpin sincebeen pimpinsince beenpimpin since..

Loc: ohio river valley
    #4058775 - 04/15/05 02:17 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

lol, well shit, i just sent you a PM about a pipe zippoz, i guess jsut disregard it

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #4058782 - 04/15/05 02:20 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

im in a glass blowing class
i burn myself a lot

we dont get to make pipes though :frown:

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: The Official Epic Glass Blowing Thread [Re: Help on the Way]
    #4058963 - 04/15/05 03:03 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

wow zippoz
nice glass

--------------------

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
Re: The Official Epic Glass Blowing Thread [Re: notapillow]
    #4059011 - 04/15/05 03:26 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

i burn myself a lot

yea, sucks dont it? :lol:  what kind of stuff are you making? soft glass or hard glass?

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: The Official Epic Glass Blowing Thread [Re: Phychotron]
    #4059034 - 04/15/05 03:34 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

chemistry equipment..hard glass

im just dumb and will forget that something is still hot and then touch it :lol:

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4059041 - 04/15/05 03:39 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Heh, nice to see you followed my recommendation even down to the title of the thread! Beautiful pipes, zip!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub