Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
Potent substrates???? *DELETED*
    #405091 - 09/26/01 04:13 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by TheCaptain

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: Potent substrates???? [Re: TheCaptain]
    #405111 - 09/26/01 04:24 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

BRF is a good substrate for those just learning about the shroom life cycle, what a shroom needs to grow, etc. If your friend is having consistent success using that method, then he might consider moving on to finch seed or rye. These substrates contain greater percentages of essential nutrients that the shrooms need to be healthy and happy. Check out The Mushroom Cultivator by Paul Stamets et al. It has some pretty good methods for growing on different substrates. Also check out the grow/find section here at the Shroomery. IMHO, half the magic of learing to grow shrooms is testing different things and finding out what works best for you. I'll make you a bet that if you asked 20 people here what their personal grow method is, you'd get 20 totally different answers. Experiment a little!

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

Offlineoscar1011
journeyman
Re: Potent substrates???? [Re: FanaTEK]
    #405130 - 09/26/01 04:42 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

he is 100% right flow with what works i tred doing the same thing you are and i did get 20 different answers so experiment and failure is the only step to suceeding

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
Re: Potent substrates???? [Re: oscar1011]
    #405254 - 09/26/01 06:34 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Alrightie then! THanks for your answers guys! Always appreciated!

Born on a mountain,
raised in a cave,
fishin and fuckin is all i crave....

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Potent substrates???? [Re: TheCaptain]
    #405266 - 09/26/01 06:48 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

If he is growing out Verm+BRF cakes then he will want to move onto casing before he moves onto alternative substrates. I agree that you would get twenty different replys from twenty different people so this is just my two cents.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: Potent substrates???? [Re: phrozendata]
    #405339 - 09/26/01 07:43 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

ive had cubies trying to grow in over 30 seperate jar attempts for about 75 days since i started. longest jars ive had lasted over 45 days without total colonization, most less than half. now i tried finch seed and casing and cannot believe the fast results. crumbled cakes had the casing 50% colonized in 3 days. if you can get cakes fully done youre a better man than i i guess :) but take those cakes and crumble & case them. look at all the casing teks here at shroomery and like everyone will say. experiment. EVERYONE told me that a cedar mulch casing wouldnt colonize. and, well, i cased them sunday and im expecting shrooms next week with this kinda growth. id say move to casing but try some additives in the BRF to see what happens if you wanna alter substrate. chop up some hay and throw it in there. add some finch seed, or broken up rye grains. honey helps it colonize faster too. in the right percentages, tryptamines in a substrate have been known to increase potency by up to 3 times normal potency. research and experiment, you will only amaze yourself :_)

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Offlinemahookah
journeyman
Loc: NV
Re: Potent substrates???? [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #405611 - 09/26/01 10:58 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Beppo, I've been wondering about that tryptamine lately. Do you have any good links for any teks and other tryptamine info? Thanks

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Potent substrates???? [Re: mahookah]
    #405924 - 09/27/01 06:56 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I dont know any links - but stear away from hay if your looking for tryptamines in a substrate

www.shaman-australis.com/shroom/

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck