Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Psychosomatic drug damage?
    #4023136 -

Well, I'm just wondering. I doubt there is TOO much to this, but, hey.

I was wondering how much..negative effects do you think drugs have when the person is worried about the effects. Like

The buddha taking PCP vs. some really nervous white boy

The buddha just accepts the effects, comes down, and moves on with life. But the nervous white boy worries about brain damage, reads about it, thinks about it, etc. Do you think all this worrying and FOCUS on the negative aspects increase them in any way?

Or, take a look at

60's druggy vs. 90's druggy

Any difference there? Carefree drug use in the 60s vs. carefree drug use with more information available, possibly making you think about it in concern.


Does this make any sense?


P.S - No I'm not -THE- nervous white boy who is going to take PCP. I'm gonna pass on PCP. But I DO worry about drug negative effects a lot, and my roommate NEVER worries about drug negative effects. Ever. He's been doing fine in school except for that one bullshit semester, but I fucked up there too.

I tend to lay a lot of fake "OH IM DUMBER" shit on myself and he doesn't. I'm wondering if you guys think that has any physical affect on me.

Thanks


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosomatic drug damage? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4023147 -

usually the only thing i worry about when im on drugs is gettin busted. i always read up on drugs and ask friends about their experiences before i try em.

im pretty careful that way and save myself the worry


--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosomatic drug damage? [Re: Yarry]
    #4023178 -

mmkay drugs are bad.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosomatic drug damage? [Re: Yarry]
    #4023201 -

I'm pretty careful too, but I can't ever shake the worry that stuff like

a.) DXM
b.) Salvia (there's no testing..people are guessing it's safe)
c.) Red Dawn (god knows what's in it)
d.) Ecstasy

are just fuckin with me =(

can't shake it


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Edited by freddurgan (04/06/05 07:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosomatic drug damage? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4023215 -

salvia ive never broken through on and it does indeed worry me. but i just try and put it out of my mind.

i think if i did any of the crazy RC's i would be a little sketchy, but i try and stay away from the chems


--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosomatic drug damage? [Re: Yarry]
    #4023229 -

I can't decide if I'm REALLY noticing differences in myself, or if any differences I notice I pin on drugs and let the propaganda invade my mind =(

I need a woman to occupy my mind lol. I'm sure that would make me all better


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosomatic drug damage? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4023233 -

maybe lay off the drugs for the month and save your sanity and figure out where the true problem lay


--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosomatic drug damage? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4023326 -

Quote:
I need a woman to occupy my mind lol. I'm sure that would make me all better



No, you don't. You need to stop worrying about something that doesn't exist.

If you couldn't walk sometimes, if your hands constantly shook, if you lost sight in one or both of your eyes for periods of time, if you had seizures, if you had no short term memory (barring smoking marijuana), etc. you would have something to worry about.

If you've suffered seratonin syndrome while on DXM (seizing, foaming at the mouth, brain frying) you'd have something to worry about.

So essentially,

Chill. Unless you're showing some type of severe symptom, I doubt that anything is wrong. But I am no doctor.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosomatic drug damage? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4023703 -

Stop thinking that way and you may be supprised of what you can accomplish. You can only do what you say you can do. If you tell yourself you can't do something because you are brain damaged or whatever you won't even try therefore you set your own limitation with your words. Also if you feel like these substances your taking can cause these kinds of effects in yourself then why do you continue to desire to take them? Personally I felt DXM was a bit shady so I have since refrained from using it. I think if you stick with shrooms, acid, dmt, mescaline in moderation you will be intact physically but psychologically is whole other story.


--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosomatic drug damage? [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4025020 -

some damage is likely with ecstacy over a longer period.
some extra obsessive behaviour also can be adopted after ecstacy.

both reversible.

sounds like the early onset of obsessive behaviour.
another name for OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) is
the doubting disease.
it is a natural extension of getting down into the ruts and running the same thoughts over and over.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosomatic drug damage? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4025083 -

freddurgan said:
I'm pretty careful too, but I can't ever shake the worry that stuff like

a.) DXM
b.) Salvia (there's no testing..people are guessing it's safe)
c.) Red Dawn (god knows what's in it)
d.) Ecstasy

are just fuckin with me =(

can't shake it



whats wrong with salvia?.. oh, you mean smoking it, yeah? sure that might do damage (like any kind of smoke/dust/particles do when inhaled) but sublingually should be ok.

what was it that mexican shaman woman said about smoking salvia.. someting like "its like burning your own children". now i dont have any children.. but if i did, burning would not be on the top of the "to do" list.


--------------------
Mindzpores words of wisdom:
"If you think something is foolproof, you just haven't met proper fools".

Wiccan_Seeker said:
"It is better to adjust to become a better listener than to keep on cranking up the volume".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosomatic drug damage? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4025100 -

redgreenvines said:
some damage is likely with ecstacy over a longer period.
some extra obsessive behaviour also can be adopted after ecstacy.

both reversible.



actually, I just read a few months ago that there is strong evidence that E permanently damages your brain (or at least that of rats).

didn't read all of it (not into E so I only paid so much attention). but the conclusion mentioned that it permanently affects/reduces the levels of several substances (serotonin amongst others).

the idea was that the intense high and euphoria during the high might result in lowered levels of ambient/everyday happiness for the rest of your life. a pretty serious price to pay.

now, of course this is still just one report, and we are still at a too early stage to say anything about the effects on humans. a few rides probably wont be noticeable... but for long-term usage... who knows.


--------------------
Mindzpores words of wisdom:
"If you think something is foolproof, you just haven't met proper fools".

Wiccan_Seeker said:
"It is better to adjust to become a better listener than to keep on cranking up the volume".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosomatic drug damage? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4025351 -

redgreenvines said:
some damage is likely with ecstacy over a longer period.
some extra obsessive behaviour also can be adopted after ecstacy.

both reversible.

sounds like the early onset of obsessive behaviour.
another name for OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) is
the doubting disease.
it is a natural extension of getting down into the ruts and running the same thoughts over and over.



The doubting disease sounds pretty straightforward. I'm going to need to change my life up a bit pretty soon. I'm miserable 24/7 at this school and I don't have the balls to leave.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosomatic drug damage? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4025364 -

Get the balls and leave and do well or you'll be miserable the entire time, not use your full potential, and possibly end up nowhere.

I'm miserable at my college, but I've worked a schedule to get out a lot sooner than I thought, then I'm going to get another degree probably on a free ride.

Fuck the shitty schools, use them as stepping stones.

If you need to get out of your environment for your mental health, get out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosomatic drug damage? *DELETED* [Re: freddurgan]
    #4707918 -

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: Reason?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosomatic drug damage? [Re: Lakefingers]
    #4710017 -

Hah, thread blast from the past. At this point I'm done with all substances (all), and I couldn't be happier. But thanks for the late reply.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* E for Ecstacy DreaMaTrix 1,103 6 01/04/03 06:14 AM
by Revelation
* Drugs are needed for our society to continue...
( 1 2 all )
DailyPot 6,584 23 03/06/17 09:13 PM
by triphead9428
* The Rise in the Use of Hallucinogenic Drugs in the 1990s I_Fart_Blue 2,925 9 10/03/16 04:31 PM
by g00ru
* Ecstacy Rising Help please
( 1 2 all )
chinacat72 4,441 38 04/01/19 06:49 PM
by Learyfan
* Crazy accident on drugs
( 1 2 3 all )
filthysock 8,075 51 12/04/05 05:19 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* PBS Show on Ecstacy kosmic_charlie 1,187 13 05/20/04 07:58 PM
by MizzJazzy
* What happens when drugs are legalized? ( DEA arguments) Annom 2,167 4 09/08/04 03:42 PM
by BleaK
* Fed up with drugs, possibly for good?
( 1 2 all )
ModestMouse 2,161 34 03/04/18 12:44 AM
by LightRay

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,815 topic views. 7 members, 12 guests and 140 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.