Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleModestMouse
IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE
 User Gallery

Loc: Upstate
Re: Fed up with drugs, possibly for good? [Re: plasma]
    #25036535 - 03/03/18 05:23 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

plasma said:
Physical dependency is a shit way of life
Get your shit together

Harsh but correct

Other than my dependence I very much have my shit together. But I could be achieving even more sober so that's the goal

Edited by ModestMouse (03/03/18 05:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: Fed up with drugs, possibly for good? [Re: ModestMouse]
    #25036629 - 03/03/18 06:11 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

I kicked dope for the same reason about 4 months ago

Waking up and being alive every morning without having to do drugs is amazing and we take it for granted

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

#25036685 - 03/03/18 06:38 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

plasma said:
I kicked dope for the same reason about 4 months ago

Waking up and being alive every morning without having to do drugs is amazing and we take it for granted

I agree but I still miss the days of smoking weed, waking up, rollling a number going outside and just contemplating my next move in life.  Now that I’ve quit i realize I can go on without it. But I’d be lying if I said I don’t think there’s any benefit to doing that.    I felt more connected to the deepest parts of who I am and what I desire.      I think concentrates ruined a lot of shit for me personally with weed...I started using pot strictly indoors and way too often.    I think a big part of the benefits I associate with all that come from the ritual of it similar to how I get a high from going for a long walk every day, overcoming the feeling of not wanting to somedays and then realizing I overcame and accomplished when it’s over...But there are things long walks can’t do that pot can like making music 10x more personal and meaningful.  That’s one thing I miss the most.

When drugs become something that keep you from living how you would without them that’s when it creates a situation where you look back on years of your life in regret thinking ‘damn I could of done more’. This excludes drugs that enhance your ability to live a fulfilling life though of course.  Shit like coffee.  Nobody looks backs and regrets coffee.

InvisibleCosmic_Flame
THE BREAKFAST EMPRESS
Female User Gallery

Loc: Under The Sea
Re: Fed up with drugs, possibly for good? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25036744 - 03/03/18 07:05 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Drugs are like ice cream. Its great after first. But when u have it everyday, it gets pretty old.

Thats why u should enjoy different flavors depending on the month or season. Or take Ice Cream breaks.

Yeah..I think I need an ice cream break, so many tubs. Almost in one sitting a few days ago. It was worth every bite. But now I'm out of ice cream.

:icecreamsadness:

--------------------
Pull the blinds and change their minds....

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: Fed up with drugs, possibly for good? [Re: Cosmic_Flame]
    #25036754 - 03/03/18 07:10 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

What flavor?

InvisibleModestMouse
IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE
 User Gallery

Loc: Upstate
    #25036756 - 03/03/18 07:11 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

I'm gonna guess white chocolate

--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

OfflineRollin.n.Strollin
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Fed up with drugs, possibly for good? [Re: plasma] * 2
    #25036790 - 03/03/18 07:26 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

Drugs just do less and less for me as I get older, Took a few val's about a month ago, once upon a time I loved it, but now the idea of just getting high is pretty goddamn boring, I've lost a lot of friends because of this but I have zero regrets.

Chasing euphoria was the worst of it all, but after repeating the same shit over and over, I came to realize what I was really doing, nothing at all, just inhibiting who I really want to be.

InvisibleDustBunnyM
Male

Re: Fed up with drugs, possibly for good? [Re: ModestMouse] * 1
    #25037061 - 03/03/18 09:54 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

I think everyone who has abused any druq long enough feels the same at some point. "kindling" is the term used to describe how perpetually increasing permatolerance/dependency. Every new user can take 2mg Etiz/day for a couple weeks and be fine. Someone who has done this dozens of times will probably get significant rebound/wd; The more time we spend on them, the sooner and greater extent we feel withdrawal/rebound from them. Meaning, it will only get worse, each time you go through this cycle.  Though outside of massive doses, sparing single use may not cause much rebound.

I would have assumed you've felt this way before when using H, however the fact you haven't  is a great sign/idea on how quickly recovery can be. It's a feeling we can hide sometimes, but never forget. There's reason why so many would take opiod rebound over booze/benzo withdrawal 100% of the time, and it sounds like you're looking at it. Etizolam's metabolites do build up, but when your body is most addicted to the strongest/chief parent (etiz) chem, physical and psychological addiction develops very rapidly. You should recover fast if you refrain from all use. Several weeks might feel like an eternity, until you realize you've felt pretty good the past few days. Dwelling on it will only perpetuate every negative feeling, as  panic attacks can feel identical to benzo withdrawal. You don't seem like you're  prone to them, thankfully, but that may be all the more reason to keep it in mind, since you easily could find yourself dwelling on it at some point. As well as just having racing thoughts, often  feeling way more stressful than they actually are, like worrying about smoking weed right now. If you don't want to, don't- you already know that it'll add potentially endless paranoia/exasparation. That said, know that it can help some people by acting as a "trial by fire" : going into it fully aware it will lead to ~30-180min of paranoia, after which comes a great sense of accomplishment, well-being, and relaxation. CBD or very high CBD bud is another story entirely.

--------------------

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
Re: Fed up with drugs, possibly for good? [Re: DustBunny]
    #25037077 - 03/03/18 10:02 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

Nowadays I just smoke pot sometimes daily (depending how much I have)
Once or twice cocaine gram or 2 once a month
And trip on psychedelics  a few times a year or every several months

Other than that I'm not into daily drug use

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Fed up with drugs, possibly for good? [Re: SunnyD]
    #25037150 - 03/03/18 10:45 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

Poly drug use is a bitch. The dependencies grow at a slower rate but end up compounding at the end.

OfflineLove_spirit
Circle Of Power
 User Gallery

Re: Fed up with drugs, possibly for good? [Re: cannabinated]
    #25037202 - 03/03/18 11:09 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

I enjoy the fuck out of poly drug use. I appreciate addiction. Withdrawl pains aint shit compared to the other hells I've been through. Grow some hair on yer chest.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Fed up with drugs, possibly for good? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25037216 - 03/03/18 11:14 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Drugs are like ice cream. Its great after first. But when u have it everyday, it gets pretty old.

Thats why u should enjoy different flavors depending on the month or season. Or take Ice Cream breaks.

Beautifully said.

:justastonishing: 

--------------------

Edited by Nifflerz (03/03/18 11:17 PM)

Offlinekent101
Stranger
    #25037264 - 03/03/18 11:47 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

I used to smoke weed but it never really made me feel well, especially in public. I took shrooms twice and that made me completely insane. I had to smoke weed to level my head when on shrooms.

Edited by kent101 (03/03/18 11:49 PM)

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
Re: Fed up with drugs, possibly for good? [Re: Nifflerz]
    #25037268 - 03/03/18 11:50 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:

Beautifully said.

:justastonishing: 

This

As I got over m addictions slowly but surely
Daily use of anything isn't really that great

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

OfflineLightRay
Lord Hubert
 User Gallery

#25037337 - 03/04/18 12:44 AM (6 years, 26 days ago)

Over the past 2 years I've quit everything except occasional beer and weed and even those are starting to annoy me.

With meditation and exorcising I can stay in a state of constant joy and contentness and be happy almost all the time.

Any drug I take, even coffee has a noticable effect on my ability to stay in that state.  All these drugs with trigger off the thinking mind spontaniously into negative thought spirals.

I used to take kratom and eti too, it really lowers your mood over all and can cause many other mental health issues such as inability to coordinate and lathargy.  It givs you a short temporary release of aniety or stress but the comeback is extreme even if one has got used to it and not noticing it so much...

Compared to eating / drinking healthily + daily meditation these drugs don't eve come close to the higher states we can be in all the time without any comedown or days of battling the waves of negativity and WD.

Most of these habits are litterally that, just habits and if you sit down and logically assess - is this substance actually helping me long term to improve myself and be happier the answer is always no.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds