Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
International Pot Smoking
    #4003915 - 04/02/05 04:49 AM (19 years, 13 hours ago)

Hey I was talking to a friend about americans who smoke pot compared to australians (us). Apparently americans dont use cone pieces (below) instead they only use bowls, yet australians seem to use both. Is this true? I also heard americans prefer to pack larger cones and smoke them in a few hits over time, where australians usually like to 'punch' smaller cones in one go. I'm also curious about the type of high of american weed compared to australian (and other countries too!). Cheers and stay happy  :stoned:

EDIT: sorry forgot pic!

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

Edited by shrooma (04/02/05 06:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: International Pot Smoking [Re: shrooma]
    #4003932 - 04/02/05 05:04 AM (19 years, 13 hours ago)

Cone pieces = a chillum???

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Re: International Pot Smoking [Re: vinsue]
    #4004026 - 04/02/05 06:03 AM (19 years, 12 hours ago)

lol ahh not quite a chillum no. Hmm maybe the cone is an australian invention i dont know. Comeone anyone else have something to say. Yuo cant open the post and then not have something to say! Everyone smokes pot!! :smile:

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #4004043 - 04/02/05 06:14 AM (19 years, 12 hours ago)

Maybe you should give us a better description of what a cone is.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Re: International Pot Smoking [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4004055 - 04/02/05 06:21 AM (19 years, 11 hours ago)

A cone piece is the thing you put in the stem of your bong. The thing you put the weed in!!! lol. Everyone here says "pack us a cone" or "Clean out the cone piece" or "Have you got any cones on you?" (referring to weed, not the actual cone)

--------------------
-

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4004057 - 04/02/05 06:22 AM (19 years, 11 hours ago)

So its a bowl??? Or a bowl thats shaped like a cone???

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineKodos
I come in thespirit ofhostility
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel VII
    #4004067 - 04/02/05 06:34 AM (19 years, 11 hours ago)

are you talking about the small little cone shaped bowls which are metal and on plastic bongs and such? those are around but in america they are really only used by non-intense smokers, glass is much often preffered here i would say.

is that what your talking about tho? do you smoke from glass bowls, bubblers and bongs in austraila?
can a cone piece be made of glass?

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: International Pot Smoking [Re: Kodos]
    #4004072 - 04/02/05 06:38 AM (19 years, 11 hours ago)

Yeah i've had glass cone shaped bowls.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineMeatSpace
Waxer of unicorn butthole
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep inside your ass
    #4004133 - 04/02/05 07:31 AM (19 years, 10 hours ago)

Most all glass bowls have a cone-shaped bowl.
Metal ones are more bowl shaped.

--------------------
:crankey:
/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

#4004134 - 04/02/05 07:32 AM (19 years, 10 hours ago)

i guess it can but most over here are metal (gold coloured). They fit easliy inside plastic garden hose (hence for the cheap bong). Although mine is metal in a metal stem in a glass waterpipe.

--------------------
-

InvisibletrendalM
Jâ™ 
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4004138 - 04/02/05 07:41 AM (19 years, 10 hours ago)

All this info is for Canada, and I know it changes a little in different parts of the US, but not by too much:

No we have both cones and bowls here, but we call them ALL bowls instead of cones. A "cone" to me is a joint rolled into a cone-shape. Anything you stick into your bong to smoke out of is a bowl.

How you smoke the bowl depends on how many people are with you and what kind of weed you have in the bowl. Obviously the better it is, the smaller toke you are going to take. If it's just me smoking, sometimes I'll take the whole bowl at once, but if there are other people with you it's good form to burn only a section of the bowl. (some people will rip the whole bowl no matter what...I call those people bogarts). Small bowls that you smoke in one hit are called poppers, usually done out of something other than a bong.

As for the high...it all depends on the buds you get. I rarely see bud around here that I would call shitty. Most of what I get I would consider mid to high grade, sometimes I'll get lucky and get some real chronic buds. The actual high is all across the spectrum, again depending on what bud you get.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4004141 - 04/02/05 07:45 AM (19 years, 10 hours ago)

People in the US use all kinds of different shapes, only nobody uses the word "cone". It's an australian slang term.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineMeatSpace
 User Gallery

Re: International Pot Smoking [Re: Phluck]
    #4004144 - 04/02/05 07:48 AM (19 years, 10 hours ago)

International Pot Smoking

A Polish guy from Italy, smoking some Jamaican in the USA

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: International Pot Smoking [Re: MeatSpace]
    #4004145 - 04/02/05 07:49 AM (19 years, 10 hours ago)

Most all glass bowls around here are "bowl" shaped. I guess it varies from region to region.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineMeatSpace
 User Gallery

#4004157 - 04/02/05 07:59 AM (19 years, 10 hours ago)

I don't recall ever seeing a glass piece shaped like that.
I didn't know they came like that. Is it any different than a regular piece?
I'll have to pick one up next time I'm in oregon, just for the novelty of it.

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4004163 - 04/02/05 08:10 AM (19 years, 10 hours ago)

Wow, you've never seen a bowl shaped bowl. Thats fairly amazing.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineMeatSpace
 User Gallery

#4004173 - 04/02/05 08:20 AM (19 years, 9 hours ago)

I know the metal crap comes like that, but I've really never seen a glass one. I'm curious.

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4004174 - 04/02/05 08:22 AM (19 years, 9 hours ago)

Im trying to find a good picture of a bowl for you.

Ill see if i can find a better example.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#4004177 - 04/02/05 08:24 AM (19 years, 9 hours ago)

And heres a cone shaped bowl.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #4004178 - 04/02/05 08:25 AM (19 years, 9 hours ago)

I have a cone shapped chillum.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale