Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Incense, Kratom, Peruvian Torch, Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejohnhenry
Minderbinder
Loc: capital-evil empire
Dried cactus cuttings
    #3995302 - 03/31/05 02:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If Someone was to buy dried cactus cuttings, would there be a great deal of difference in san pedro and peruvian as far as overall experience and has anyone had any dealings with other vendors besides ????????. They are out of San pedro, but there are vendors linked to entheogen.com that offer the dried slices also. Secondly, what are the dosages of dried vs.wet and are there any differences in potency, dried vs wet?. Lastly are live cuttings that are from larger plants higher in the good alkaloids than young plants. Would someone get more bang for the buck with a large cutting, say 36inches, than several smaller cuttings?

Edited by johnhenry (04/07/05 09:27 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSourceLimit
Above TheirInfluence
Re: Dried cactus cuttings [Re: johnhenry]
    #3995379 - 03/31/05 03:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Ptourch is said to be of the more potent, and 30 grames dried would make a nice incense. Ive heard of people using up to 70+ with san pedro and up to 50+ with ptourch, however 30-40 should be fine. Prices varie drasticly, however. If you want to buy in bulk theres a very nice site out there (anything 250gram+), but I can't post a link publicly.

Edited by SourceLimit (03/31/05 03:18 PM)

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Dried cactus cuttings [Re: SourceLimit]
    #4004260 - 04/02/05 11:03 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

the "shaman & native" section of that online peruvian mall offers powdered sp cactus for like 400gm/$US30, as well as kilos of mate de coca teabags for similar price...

fwiw...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleSourceLimit
Above TheirInfluence
Re: Dried cactus cuttings [Re: gnrm23]
    #4006245 - 04/02/05 09:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Also based in Peru however

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
    #4007469 - 04/03/05 03:42 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

gnrm23 said:
the "shaman & native" section of that online peruvian mall offers powdered sp cactus for like 400gm/$US30, as well as kilos of mate de coca teabags for similar price...

fwiw...

damn what a good deal, it would be nice.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Edited by Fluxburn (04/09/05 10:43 PM)

Invisiblekatydid
katydid
Loc: usa
Re: Dried cactus cuttings [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4019571 - 04/06/05 12:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i've heard trichocerus cuzcoensis (spelling??) is even better than ptorch.  i bought some & at 10 grams it supposedly makes a lovely incense.  dried biological specimans are not illegal to buy or have, however, any attempt to extract the chemicals from them IS *highly* illegal.  that being said though, it'd be damned stupid (imho) to carry around a bag of incense chips.  no sense pushing one's luck. 

incidentally, the cuzco incense i bought passed through customs just fine.  much to my delight! :smile:

katy-did

Invisiblekatydid
katydid
Loc: usa
Re: Dried cactus cuttings [Re: katydid]
    #4019586 - 04/06/05 12:41 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

whoops, first time i posted here, i thought i still had the chance to edit my original post, but it posted.  so....let me rephrase what i said, to the *BEST of my knowledge*, just possessing dried cacti tissue is not illegal.  but like anything in life, if you're not sure, research it for yourself.  that's always the best bet. 

:smile:
katy-did

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Re: Dried cactus cuttings [Re: katydid]
    #4019606 - 04/06/05 12:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

crap so is the powder illegal or not?

--------------------

Offlinejohnhenry
Minderbinder
Loc: capital-evil empire
    #4020620 - 04/06/05 09:40 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

AFOAF has decided against ordering from Peru unless they hear some others have done this safely without US customs intervention :frown: :frown:

InvisibleSourceLimit
Above TheirInfluence
Re: Dried cactus cuttings [Re: johnhenry]
    #4022415 - 04/06/05 06:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I wonder myself if they would allow 400g of a mesc. containing powder into the country from a watched state. Hmmm...

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#4022503 - 04/06/05 07:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

preparing it in a way for consumption is illegal, fresh isn't.

i think calling it incense isn't going to matter at all, it's illegal..... don't know if anyone can tell what dried cacti looks like..... seems to be a kinda silly thing for the man to worry learning about.

and don't get stuff from Peru, it will be opened/searched/ confiscated........

i personally know people that live in Peru and you don't ship anything to or from Peru............ except by freight.

so sorry.... you could probably get some when you're in Peru and bring it back in your suitcase, they are kinda lax as far as your suitcase goes..... people i know take machine parts in their suitcases, way illegal, but everyone does it so no one says shit.

peace00

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#4022506 - 04/06/05 07:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It's incense, but you keep talking about using it in an illegal manner, it will probably become illegal soon. You don't have to be so straight forward about things, be creative in how you word your posts. I've seen posts like these on a bunch of different boards lately and I have a feeling San Pedro and Peruvian Torch are going to become illegal soon. It's not that they're being sold as dried specimens, it's that these cacti are becoming popular and people are too upfront about it.

If it stayed underground, the government wouldn't care, but more and more people are reading, posting, and trying it. Lots of times it's people who shouldn't be (those stupid "dude, I'm trippin' balls man").

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #4025079 - 04/07/05 08:10 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

peru is a "watched state" ?

well, i like my coca tea bags (for altitude sickness, ok?), & i'm gonna check out the ayahuasca vine sections & chakruna leaf maybe this summer at the festival... inshallah...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

#4026157 - 04/07/05 02:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

So perviun torch incense powder is ok to ship in the the us or not?
What about these coco tea bags? If you can ship them in the US why can't you import them from oversees?

Dood why are you so paranoid about keeping things hush hush. People will do what they want todo and you can't stop it. You can try to curb usage, but people will always prevail to what they want.

Tons of laws against having raves, they still have raves and always will.

Drinking and driving, everyone does it, tons have dui's rates have gone down through MADD but it still happens in high volume.

Cocaine and Crack hefty penalities in the 80's, you can still get cocaine and crack very easily, hey I see dealers down at the park all the time.

Hey what about mushrooms? They are illegal but tons of people here grow them, which is highly illegal.

Marijuana, it is illegal and tons of good americas grow it in their backyards with never a fear of uncle sam coming to arrest them. Perhaps if you are a big drug dealer but no one cares if you consume materials yourself.

--------------------

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#4026238 - 04/07/05 02:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i think you missed the point.....^

no one is selling raves/coke/heron/crack/mushrooms on the internet as " plants that will fuck you up "

therefor they are bringing un-necessary attention down on certain entheogens.

i think salvia is the best example, head shops in my area sell salvia and advertise it in their windows, it's day are seriously numbered.

san pedro will be logically next after salvia to be banned, based on it's contents and it's popularity, and based on the amount of "chatter " about these two drugs it would be wise and helpful to be discreet.

perivian tourch if processed for consumption is illegal, if you will get in trouble or not that is up to the wind.
and coke tea bags aren't legal either, unless your in south america.

and tons of good americans grow pot ,and then on day a army reserve helo goes over ,and your fucked, they may not be afraid, but that 's cause they are stupid.

peace00

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#4027374 - 04/07/05 06:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You're very mistaken.

Coca tea bags are not legal in the US. Why do I am want to keep this whole san pedro incense hush hush? Because I care about my fellow grower - unlike you. You don't seem to care whatsoever if this plant becomes illegal. What you're comparing it to makes no sense. Drinking and driving? Well, alcohol is legal, so it's not to hard to do. San Pedro will never be in the same demand as cocaine or crack. Sam with mushrooms and marijuana. But guess what? if you get caught with crack, cocaine, or mushrooms, you going to jail. Why should I have to fear for my freedom for having San Pedro. I don't know who these growers you know are, but they are just plain stupid if they don't care about security when growing marijuana. LEO does want to bust you if you're growing MJ or mushrooms. Don't be so confident.

You should probably take your shitty attitude out of here.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

InvisibleSourceLimit
Above TheirInfluence
    #4035153 - 04/09/05 08:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

"What about these coco tea bags? If you can ship them in the US why can't you import them from oversees?" You can also try and ship MJ through the mail, and it may get to its destination. Is that legal?
You can't legally send coca containing products in the US. It really doesn't matter what they are for. Coca leaves are illegal (except for coca-cola...go figure). People may be able to send within the US due to the fact that most parcels are not checked as if it were imported from a foreign country.

Now think about this. Peru is a country that freely sells coca leaves by the pound, and will ship products to any country. You honestly think that customs is not going to be looking at country's like this specifically?

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

#4035545 - 04/09/05 11:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I don't quite understand what is going on here, if Peruvian torch and San Pedro powder is illegal then why are people selling in within the united states? I don't really understand all the laws we have on plants here, so X plant is legal but the substance it contains is illegal. Then you have it if you prepare the plant in anyway it is illegal. This doesn't quite make sense, many plants are sold for there leaves, is this not preparation? Logically it doesn't make any sense, what else are leaves good for, burning? They sell them as a incense but they don't smell good to burn thus it is rather ridiculous. I can understand why sage is a incense, it has a particular smell and also eucalyptus leaves have a particularly fragrant smell. It is just absolute bullshit really, same as when you go to a pipe store and try to buy a bong and they correct you, "it's a water pipe." Why can't I call it a bong? Why because bong is a term for smoking marijuana which is illegal? Why is the word bong illegal to use? Isn't it a free country, don't we have freedom of speech in this country? You are trying to say we have an actual law in place to not say bong?

So I am thoroughly confused honestly. If Peruvian torch is not illegal in anyway shape or form then it should be able to be imported into this country in any way shape or form. It is just cactus that has been dried to something that is meant for smudging or burning technically speaking and not for consumption as all the entheogen sites quote. So why is it illegal to import into our country?

Next if it is illegal then isn't every incense illegal? Then kratom incense is illegal, saliva incense is illegal, etc. etc. I mean I don't think customs has the time to check every package, hell they don't have the time to check the border. Federal resources are slim, why it costs our country to much to fund all these national security issues and etc etc. Why is airline security previously next to nothing, it raises the price of airline tickets drastically, decreasing air travel which the US has promoted to be stronger then rail travel by support over the years. Why don't we have high speed trains; because we have airplanes.

So obviously we are at a ridiculous time, we have people who abuse drugs, can't be responsible and this is determined to be outlawed in general. Yet everyone enjoys doing drugs, or if they don't they make up for it in another way or something. The fighting of human nature doesn't make sense, it is like Adam and Eve, the forbidden fruit. We are all sinners, we like to drink and try drugs and the united states is Cristian so we are all evil and deserve to die. So we have nice hefty laws against ourselves as a threat against ever just living your life. Live it our way or burn in hell, "prison." Who would want to live the rest of there life in prison? I personally would rather commit suicide.

I don't understand, this country was founded on, "give me liberty or give me death." How is not being able to consume drugs in your home, without dangering other people constitute law full actions against that person? Where is the moral wrong in this?

What is next, the shroomery being illegal, Alex Gray's artwork is illegal, talking about entheogens is illegal?

Edited by Fluxburn (04/09/05 11:16 PM)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4036673 - 04/10/05 11:23 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

We keep things on the down low to help keep things legal as long as possible.
Yeah it sucks, but it's necessary.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Incense, Kratom, Peruvian Torch, Salvia, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden