Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewiser
Loc: countryside
Question about potting pedro cuttings
    #1159428 - 12/21/02 05:10 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hey people,
My postman gave me some pedros this morning so I potted them in cactus soil. They look good. I was just wandering about when I should water the soil. Should I water them now or should I let them settle in for a few days before giving them a drink. Also is it crucial that I cover the soil with some gravel-will any old smooth gravel do the trick??
Answers to these questions would be great,

Wiser

--------------------
I like to SHIMMY to my locations....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
Re: Question about potting pedro cuttings [Re: wiser]
    #1160152 - 12/21/02 12:44 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Wait about a week before watering. Then water about once a month till summer comes, then water once every week or two. I use brown fishtank gravel on top of the sand to keep the sand from being disturbed when I water, and to make the pots look nicer. Any sort of gravel or rock will do.

Offlinewiser
Re: Question about potting pedro cuttings [Re: superpimp]
    #1161926 - 12/22/02 10:53 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks Buddy,

Pedro's are sweet

laterz

--------------------

Offlinecalishroomer
Looking For Lunatic In TheGrass!

Re: Question about potting pedro cuttings [Re: superpimp]
    #1176441 - 12/29/02 04:33 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i dont understand....

did your postman deliver some cuttings you ordered, or are they from his personal plants?...

if there from his own stuff, and he cut them, you WAIT TO WAIT AT LEAST A WEEK BEFORE PUTTING THEM IN ANY KIND OF MEDIUM. the cuttings must completely dry on the ends were cut before planting, or you can almost GARANTEE that you will get a pile of smelly stinky rotted cacti flesh.....you can tell there ready when the cut portions (ends) are concave, and you can see the skelatal structure on the inside of the cuttings protruding from the dried cut portion (ends of the cuttings)

if there ones that you ordered somewere, and there already dry, plant them in a good caci mixture. bury them only about 3/4ths of the way,on its side. this will root pretty fast. also, follow the watering instructions posted above. when i plant cuttings, after planting, i water the cutting until its REALLY soaked, then wait anywere from a week to two weeks before watering again. the main reasons for this are if you over water , and the cacti cutting is overly wet for a long period, it WILL start to rot, and also, watering them this way forces and induces them to root for moisture as the pot will dry from the top down (in most cases), forcing the cutting to put roots down for moisture. if your in super duper hurry, you can also dust the bottom of your cuttings before planting with rooting hormone powder, such as "root tone"

depending on the enviroment youve put your newly potted cutting in, you should see new buds in a few weeks. make sure once your cutting is rooted well to transplant it into a pot that has more than enough growing room for the new roots. for a 4 inch SP cutting, i usually start them in a 6" pot, them move them to 10" after a good root structure is aparent..........

good luck, and if you have any questions please feel free to e mail or PM me....ive got 20 years experience with these bad boys (PT and SP).....

--------------------
"The Lunatic Is In The Grass!!"

Offlinewiser
Re: Question about potting pedro cuttings [Re: calishroomer]
    #1179833 - 12/30/02 01:13 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yeh, No the postman didn't give them to me from his own stash he was just the delivery boy. They lloked pretty caloused over when I potted them. What do you m,ean they may start budding????

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden