Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
more fall mushrooms--id please
    #3971656 -

Not much in the way of photos seems to be happening here until it warms up a bit, so I am going to put up some photos of mushrooms that stumped me last fall.

This mushroom I found around a saw in the forest. It likes conifer shavings it would appear.

I did not have my digital camera yet when I took these (the forest photos are scanned too) and I was most convinced that I had immediately stumbled upon some actives. Now I don't get excited that easily--I am just trying to figure out what the hell they are. I am thinking mycena, but my guidebooks have turned up nothing.






The caps were about 1.5 cms across, the stalk about 7 cm. Stalk quite brittle. Mushroom shriveled to nothing upon drying.
Wallace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more fall mushrooms--id please [Re: wallace]
    #3971679 -

im seeing white spores under the mushrooms, but youre showing a dark print, looks almost purple brown.
white would be indicative of mycenas.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more fall mushrooms--id please [Re: Mitchnast]
    #3971767 -

I would guess Mycena galericulata or inclinata from the fruit pics, but that spore print does not match.


--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more fall mushrooms--id please [Re: wallace]
    #3972034 -

Perhaps you posted the wrong spore print image. I highly doubt that those mushrooms in your pics drop dark spores. Especially in the pic that shows the almost pure white gills, with no darkish colored spore deposit on the stem. Also in the 4th pic down, the caps are overlapping and growing under one another, yet there is still no darkish deposit of spores on the caps. Looks like a mycena or something closely related.


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more fall mushrooms--id please [Re: eris]
    #3972341 -

maybe you picked one that was different from the ones in this group, if you notice in the last pic you posted, theres clumps of white spores stuck to the gills. Wait for toxicman, shroomydan, or mj to ID this, it could be something we (we that have posted) have never encountered, or that you were a stoner and made a print of the wrong mushroom. still not active, good luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more fall mushrooms--id please [Re: CptnGarden]
    #3973096 -

OOPS!
Those must be the wrong spores. I am kind of sloppy with my photos--just dump all my photos from one hike into one folder. Those definitely could have been something else.
I think I have found the mushroom associated with those spores, though

This was six months ago, so I am not 100 percent sure. About same size as my mycenas, and that is all I can remember about them! Any ideas?
Anyway, thanks.
Wallace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more fall mushrooms--id please [Re: wallace]
    #3973861 -

The first one reminds me strongly of a Flammulina. Maybe, maybe not velutipes.


--------------------
Look to trade for:
Salvia Incense
Kratom
Kava Kava

Have for trade:
Ethnos and Ethno seeds
Pan Cyan Syringe

PM if you any of these you're looking to get rid of!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more fall mushrooms--id please [Re: Atma]
    #3974591 -

I can see the resemblance to Flammulina. I was thinking Marasmius or Collybia, and Flammulina is a satellite of Collybia.

I see those little guys alot when I go hunting, but I've never tried to ID them to species. Though some mushrooms in this group are edible, none are active, and when I'm hunting edibles I'm usually after bigger fish.

Marasmius, Collybia, and their satellites all drop white spores.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more fall mushrooms--id please [Re: shroomydan]
    #3975054 -

Thanks for the experienced opinions. Once you are down to genus, species id is not far off. If someone tells you a genus, you are in a better position to judge shading etc, and allow for this and that. Funny how you tend to really believe in photographs and in your own eyesight. I figure a lot of people must be in jail because others think their eyes are better than they really are. I figure that the first mushroom has to be collybia confluens. The second one (to which the spore print probably belongs) should be psathyrella velutina, though I am not entirely happy with that--the cap is small in proportion to the stem, and the gills seem on the light side. The spore print and the scurfy cap though seem right for velutina.
Wallace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more fall mushrooms--id please [Re: wallace]
    #3975427 -

psathyrella velutina is a black spored mushroom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more fall mushrooms--id please [Re: Mitchnast]
    #3975445 -

I don't see any Psathyrellas in those photos, nor any other mushrooms which will drop dark spores.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mushroom ID Help Needed
( 1 2 all )
Clockwork 15,068 29 01/22/18 08:27 AM
by majicman30
* Wild Mushroom ID Request Moon_Tea_Brewer 9,843 3 12/16/02 06:39 PM
by Anonymous
* Wisconsin Mushroom ID MissFiringNeuron 1,419 2 05/16/02 07:31 PM
by zeronio
* Mushroom ID - Melbourne Austalia +Pictures
( 1 2 all )
acidis 12,896 25 06/08/02 04:00 PM
by geko127
* UK Mushroom (id help) SalviaEngland 4,973 12 10/03/02 10:40 PM
by viscid
* Front yard mushroom ID, PICS.. Coma of Souls 5,218 10 10/30/02 02:40 PM
by angryshroom
* Need a mushroom Id smokeaspliff 1,962 4 05/21/02 10:57 AM
by MushroomBoy123
* mushroom id needed misterogerz 1,950 3 10/17/02 02:38 PM
by misterogerz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,719 topic views. 0 members, 19 guests and 22 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.