Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Incubation idea foiled by "safety" haha
    #3970644 -

Well, I was a bit apprehensive about trying the tub in tub with a submersible heater, so I bought a heating pad. Turns out it has a safety feature that turns it off after 60 minutes of use. The temp has been lows in the mid 40s-low 50s and the highs anywhere from 65-75 I think. Any other incubation ideas? I suppose maybe they would colonize at these temps, but I don't want it to take forever. Thanks!

Oh yeah, I saw something at pet supplies plus for iguanas. You stick it to the bottom of the aqaurium and it keeps it at a suitable temperature for them, which happens to be close to ideal incubation temp, but it says it can only be used on glass aqauriums. Anyone have any ideas that are NOT a fire hazard? :smile: :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubation idea foiled by "safety" haha [Re: snoo]
    #3971018 -

I guess I'll just do the TiT incubation. Hopefully Wal Mart will let me return the heating pad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by Anno [Re: snoo]
    #3971026 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubation idea foiled by "safety" haha [Re: ]
    #3971039 -

try this out tape down the button and see if the heating pad will heat up. some models wont heat with the button taped down. if it does stay on just go buy a cheap timer and set it for something like 2 hours on 1 hour off. play around with it and youll find the ideal temp. thats what i used to do when i started.


--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubation idea foiled by "safety" haha [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3971045 -

I can get an aquarium heater for 5 or 10 dollars more, so I think I might just go with that. It would probably be easier to control that as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubation idea foiled by "safety" haha [Re: snoo]
    #3971068 -

just a reminder, make sure it is fully submerible.


--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubation idea foiled by "safety" haha [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3971078 -

Yeah, I saw quite a few at the pet store today that are. I saw where someone made a hole on the side to let the knob stick out and sealed it with silicone. I think I'm giong to try that. Think it might be wise to buy a picture frame and use the glass to stick the suction cups to and put that in the botttom of the rubbermaid tub?

I just worry because some days I'm gone to work and school for 12 hours a day and no one else is here. I don't want to come back to my house burnt to the ground.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubation idea foiled by "safety" haha [Re: snoo]
    #3971090 -

never thought of the pic frame or heard of it but sounds like a good idea. one tip with silicone make sure to pay alot of attention to the area you are sealing or you will have leaks and make a wide base to help against the pressure of water.


--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubation idea foiled by "safety" haha [Re: snoo]
    #3971266 -

Suggest you find a heating pad - without the automatic shut off.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Terrarium with incubator idea? some help.... GreyMatter 873 2 04/02/02 07:19 AM
by Targa
* Cheap incubator ideas . . . fleshofgods 863 1 03/21/03 12:53 AM
by no-tone
* help with incubation idea!!!! Anonymous 699 4 06/02/02 01:35 PM
by Anonymous
* Incubator Idea dmc_illz 754 1 03/22/03 03:53 AM
by d1giPhux
* incubator necessary?? joeinc 1,351 5 07/11/02 09:31 AM
by Ripple
* Incubator to hot ?? crispyburrito 1,489 17 12/21/01 02:00 PM
by mystic1
* Incubator question crispyburrito 1,164 9 12/05/01 11:00 AM
by MAIA
* Will this be good for incubation? phrozendata 729 2 09/19/01 06:38 PM
by 777D777

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,020 topic views. 7 members, 52 guests and 65 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.