Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Anyone ever been to Paris or Amsterdam?
    #3968312 - 03/25/05 01:00 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

In may I am taking my girlfriend to Amsterdam and then to Paris. I had a few questions about the areas. Firstly, it's pretty obvious that I will get stoned as anything in Amsterdam, especially considering it will have been months since I smoked... I was just wondering if the Dutch frown upon Americans being really high, or if they are okay with it so long as I'm not being obnoxious. I don't really want to offend anyone in a foreign country. Also, I've been searching everywhere, but I know my girlfriend would love to ride on a moped through paris, however google searches aren't coming up with anything. Has anyone here ever been to Paris, and rented a moped? This will be my first time out of this country (with the exception of Canada), so I was wondering if there are any precautions I may want to consider that most people wouldn't. I would greatly appreciate any input. Thanks

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Anyone ever been to Paris or Amsterdam? [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #3968333 - 03/25/05 01:07 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, no one frowns on being high in Amsterdam.  MAybe some of the older folk you pass by give you a look but really, it's just understood.  As long as you're not being an obnoxious ass, or more importantly an OBNOXIOUS AMERICAN - cause that's the most annoying thing ever.  You'll have a great time in Amsterdam, make sure you go to the Heineken Brewery and to the Van Gogh museum high off your rocker.

Great coffeeshops in Amsterdam: Abraxis (hash milkshakes), Grey Area (kif!!!), Barney's (pancakes and a vaporizer)

Paris is also quite beautiful...never rented a moped there but I think it's possible.  Not that I endorse this kind of thing or anything, but if you had it in your head to bring nugget from Amsterdam to Paris, I'd PM me. :smile:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

User Gallery
Re: Anyone ever been to Paris or Amsterdam? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3968356 - 03/25/05 01:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Dude, no one frowns on being high in Amsterdam.  MAybe some of the older folk you pass by give you a look but really, it's just understood.  As long as you're not being an obnoxious ass, or more importantly an OBNOXIOUS AMERICAN - cause that's the most annoying thing ever.  You'll have a great time in Amsterdam, make sure you go to the Heineken Brewery and to the Van Gogh museum high off your rocker.

Great coffeeshops in Amsterdam: Abraxis (hash milkshakes), Grey Area (kif!!!), Barney's (pancakes and a vaporizer)

Paris is also quite beautiful...never rented a moped there but I think it's possible.  Not that I endorse this kind of thing or anything, but if you had it in your head to bring nugget from Amsterdam to Paris, I'd PM me. :smile:

Awesomeness, for some reason I was under the impression that people frowned on Americans being high, however, I'm never an ass to people, quite the opposite, and if I was stoned, I'd just be super mellow, and probably wanting to walk around a museum. :smile:

--------------------

Male

#3968364 - 03/25/05 01:17 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I imagine that if a pack of fratboys shows up in Amsterdam, the locals get a little razzed about it, but really no one minds you smoking. Pass your joint on to the people sitting next to you, it's really open and easy.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

User Gallery
    #3968370 - 03/25/05 01:18 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
I imagine that if a pack of fratboys shows up in Amsterdam, the locals get a little razzed about it, but really no one minds you smoking.  Pass your joint on to the people sitting next to you, it's really open and easy.

Awesome, I hate frat boys, and don't behave like one. I like to keep to myself, and be social, and would most certainly pass my J to those around me. :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #3968458 - 03/25/05 01:42 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Ive never been to paris but if the driving is as bad as italy.id recomend the saftey of a car instead of the scooter :lol:

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #3968475 - 03/25/05 01:45 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I've been to both - Amsterdam just recently for my first time, and Paris many many times (ex-girlfriend is from there). I don't think anybody in Amsterdam will frown upon you being a stoned american. There are a lot of stoned americans there. I mean a lot. :smile: As to Paris - well, I wouldn't rent a moped personally unless you have been living in that city for a long time. People drive absolutely insanely - the streets are all crazy and chaotic, etc. You should be OK bringing nuggets from Holland to Paris (unless you are flying) - just be careful. Or just check out the park by Les Halles to find a lot of rastas peddling their goods. I think you'll experience a lot more friendliness from the Dutch than from the French - unless you speak French. Best of luck to ya and feel free to send me a PM if you want any more info about Paris (can't help you too much regarding Amsterdam, though!)

--------------------

Male

Re: Anyone ever been to Paris or Amsterdam? [Re: Krishna]
    #3968478 - 03/25/05 01:46 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

We're so helpful here in the Pub.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

User Gallery
    #3968488 - 03/25/05 01:47 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:

This is true. I hate to think what would happen if I asked this question in OTD

--------------------

User Gallery
    #3968496 - 03/25/05 01:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Krishna said:
I've been to both - Amsterdam just recently for my first time, and Paris many many times (ex-girlfriend is from there). I don't think anybody in Amsterdam will frown upon you being a stoned american. There are a lot of stoned americans there. I mean a lot. :smile: As to Paris - well, I wouldn't rent a moped personally unless you have been living in that city for a long time. People drive absolutely insanely - the streets are all crazy and chaotic, etc. You should be OK bringing nuggets from Holland to Paris (unless you are flying) - just be careful. Or just check out the park by Les Halles to find a lot of rastas peddling their goods. I think you'll experience a lot more friendliness from the Dutch than from the French - unless you speak French. Best of luck to ya and feel free to send me a PM if you want any more info about Paris (can't help you too much regarding Amsterdam, though!)

I speak french fairly well, but It definitely needs some work. If I were to ask for directions or order food, or something of the like I would be okay, and be able to communicate well enough I believe. I had to speak french every day for two years in school, so I'm thinkin I'll be okay.

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

#3968520 - 03/25/05 01:53 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:

want to be even more helpful? email me a joint :smile:

gahhh i'm too hungover to get up and go get some. but too hungover to do without it. i'm thinking one beer to take the edge off, and then many joints to ensure that i don't get too drunk tonight!

--------------------

Male

#3968528 - 03/25/05 01:56 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Mmm...joint. I'm buying a quarter tonight, 5 grams of which are going into a batch of brownies for the weekend. Saturday - string quartet performing dark side of the moon. sunday - easter brunch with my girlfriend's family.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #3968592 - 03/25/05 02:12 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I just returned from Holland 1 1/2 days ago.
Been there quite a few times times.
Sadly this time was all work and no fun.
I did look into purchasing some land outside of Amsterdam though.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Male

Re: Anyone ever been to Paris or Amsterdam? [Re: chinacat72]
    #3968594 - 03/25/05 02:13 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

That'd be an awesome locale to set up shop to just relax the days away.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever been to Paris or Amsterdam? [Re: chinacat72]
    #3969414 - 03/25/05 05:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

ah too bad i missed you in holland, chinacat! the dead can dance show in the hague was simply amazing, though!

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3969540 - 03/25/05 06:25 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

having a moped in paris is the bomb dude...unless you don't know how to drive a moped.

--------------------

Offlinemushymushman
Stranger
Male

Re: Anyone ever been to Paris or Amsterdam? [Re: exclusive58]
    #5216361 - 01/24/06 02:23 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I've been to amsterdam and found it to be the most lively, spiritual and all around amazing place to be. It maintains a large population without feeling crowded. I can't wait to go again....

--------------------
***A man goes to knowledge as he goes to war, wide-awake, with fear, with respect, and with absolute assurance. Going to knowledge or going to war in any other manner is a mistake, and whoever makes it will live to regret his steps."

- don Juan

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Community >> The Pub