Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
A new proposal for the sale of hallucinogenic mushrooms in Amsterdam.
    #7183080 - 07/16/07 12:21 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

If you read the Shroomery News Service forum at all you know that there have been a couple of bad incidents this year - tourists leaping to their deaths while on mushrooms - stemming from psilocybin purchases in Amsterdam. Pressure is coming down on the smart shops to close...

Yesterday while hanging out with a couple of friends this came up and I thought of something. Wouldn't it be wise to instill a waiting period, 3 or 5 days, like they do with the sale of guns in the United States? I mean, it makes a lot of sense.

Most of the accidents that arise from mushroom-ingestion come from tourists. Tourists who have spent all day drinking beer and smoking joints and essentially are in one mind-set - "let's get fucked up!" There wouldn't be a test of any sort, or a background check of any sort either, because no vendor has the right to judge anyone else's right to take mushrooms (though obviously any business reserves the right to refuse service if they think the person seems disturbed.)

I think a waiting period would severely cut down on any chance of a terrible accident because it forces a person to think about the fact that they are going to trip and to prepare themselves for it, rather than just spontaneously knocking back some cubies or cyanescens for kicks, on the fly.

After you wrote down your name (in a ledger guaranteed to be kept locked in private by the mushroom-vendor, perhaps even your record of purchase would be destroyed after you picked up the mushrooms) you would come back in 3-5 days, depending on how long the authorities decide the waiting period would last. Upon leaving, you would also be given pamphlets, which would cover

• how psilocybin affects the brain
  • how psilocybin affects the body
  • the basic notions of set and setting
  • various tips for safe and responsible use
  • dosage information

What do you guys think of this modest proposal?

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: A new proposal for the sale of hallucinogenic mushrooms in Amsterdam. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7183095 - 07/16/07 12:25 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

As long as the waiting period is SHORTER than my vacation, I'd be all for it. Part of my reason for going will be to sample the fresh cubes.

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: A new proposal for the sale of hallucinogenic mushrooms in Amsterdam. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7183098 - 07/16/07 12:25 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I agree; It's almost like how my local head shop sells salvia: She'll card ya, make you read a pamphlet, asks you a few questions, than you are on your way! She just won't sell it willy nilly which is awesome.

Maybe some sort of awareness test?

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Offline2end4
Fuckin Immortal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Aristonda
    #7183104 - 07/16/07 12:27 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I think anyone who leaps to their death or jumps in a fire on anything, deserves death or getting burnt. I think you have to be living a pretty wreckless life to end up in that situation anyways. Same goes with the dangers of underlying metal disorders that are brought up with the use of "ego-obliterators".
Does that make me an asshole??????:rolleyes:

--------------------
Praise Bob!

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #7183106 - 07/16/07 12:27 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

good idea...but instead of a name...just assign a number to them.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Male

Re: A new proposal for the sale of hallucinogenic mushrooms in Amsterdam. [Re: 2end4]
    #7183112 - 07/16/07 12:28 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

2end4 said:
I think anyone who leaps to their death or jumps in a fire on anything, deserves death or getting burnt. I think you have to be living a pretty wreckless life to end up in that situation anyways. Same goes with the dangers of underlying metal disorders that are brought up with the use of "ego-obliterators".

No, it just makes you not address the meat and potatoes of the topic at hand. :shrug:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Male

Re: A new proposal for the sale of hallucinogenic mushrooms in Amsterdam. [Re: Rono]
    #7183116 - 07/16/07 12:28 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

BanHappyBastard said:

Good call, a number on a ticket that would be split in half, so you'd be handed a ticket and then hand it back in to get your mushrooms. :thumbup:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #7183129 - 07/16/07 12:31 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't want to wait.  :shrug:

The publicity from the tourists fucking up isn't anyone's fault.  I like the pamphlets and educational approach, though.  Be cool if they had trip guides that encouraged set and setting as well as providing a chill and contageous element to the group collective.

Sucks they feel they need to change things and hopefuly they won't have to.

InvisibleLosAngelesGraff
Ca Shroomite
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Califas
    #7183137 - 07/16/07 12:34 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Great Idea!

also make sure the leaflet say that if you are a noob to shrooms dont take them and go to high places!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure they dont even go up 1 story of stairs! or water, kinda like a baby! and always a sitter ALWAYS!

--------------------
:prawn::baggy::zilla:
Please help support cover-upz blog
http://cover-upz.blogspot.com/
Please PM me if you can help build cover upz blog.

InvisibleLosAngelesGraff
Ca Shroomite
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: A new proposal for the sale of hallucinogenic mushrooms in Amsterdam. [Re: 2end4]
    #7183152 - 07/16/07 12:37 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

2end4 said:

no, but if it was your lil sister or your daughter that it happend to and you said that yeah youd be a asshole/

--------------------

Male

Re: A new proposal for the sale of hallucinogenic mushrooms in Amsterdam. [Re: LosAngelesGraff]
    #7183159 - 07/16/07 12:39 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LosAngelesGraff said:
also make sure the leaflet say that if you are a noob to shrooms dont take them and go to high places!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shrug: I was on a very high balcony my first time on acid and I did fine...I think that would only plant a bad-thought-seed in their heads...go to high places, but don't be dumb!

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Re: A new proposal for the sale of hallucinogenic mushrooms in Amsterdam. [Re: LosAngelesGraff]
    #7183165 - 07/16/07 12:40 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Nothing wrong with being an asshole.  :wink:

Male

Re: A new proposal for the sale of hallucinogenic mushrooms in Amsterdam. [Re: Cowgold]
    #7183168 - 07/16/07 12:41 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cowgold said:
I wouldn't want to wait.  :shrug:

The publicity from the tourists fucking up isn't anyone's fault.

But the conservative side of the public will want a response...when people see negative results, they want a reaction. I think my idea is a much more positive reaction than out right criminalization of the fungus, which is the more likely result.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
    #7183175 - 07/16/07 12:43 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I would rather have your solution than prohibition, I'm just hoping it won't be needed.

InvisibleLosAngelesGraff
Ca Shroomite
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7183181 - 07/16/07 12:44 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

if its criminalized then it will be less likly to have a safty hold on the fungus. what are these taxed up fat cats thinking!

--------------------

Male

Re: A new proposal for the sale of hallucinogenic mushrooms in Amsterdam. [Re: Cowgold]
    #7183185 - 07/16/07 12:45 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

When the idea came to me I was (and still am) struck with how much sense it makes, to me at least. It forces someone to plan ahead and to think about the trip which in of itself will hopefully make them more mentally prepared for it. The reading material could go a long way too.

The parallel between the firearm waiting period and the psychedelic waiting period make sense too...the waiting period exists for guns so stop people who want to do damage to themselves or others on a whim. And someone who walks into a smart shop in the middle of a short vacation to Amsterdam looking to consume as much as possible int he smallest amount of time could easily do more damage to their own mind and to others around them than they may intend.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7183204 - 07/16/07 12:49 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

a good idea all around, but i think the ones that don't jump out of windows have already read up on shrooms for months and those who just want to have a "fun time" will throw the pamphlets away as soon as they get out of the door, guzzle shrooms down with beer and then drive to the nearest Disneyland.

--------------------

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
    #7183208 - 07/16/07 12:50 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

What about taking a sanity test?  :hehehe: 

Do mushrooms give you wings?
If you get the sudden urge to fly, where will you attempt take off?
Do you or anyone in your family have a history of schizophrenic tendencies?
Do your friends know you're secretly gay?
Have you taken any drugs or are currently taking prescriptions?
Have you masturbated today?
Do you have a clean change of underpants?

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
    #7183222 - 07/16/07 12:54 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OneLessForeskin said:
Quote:

BanHappyBastard said:

Good call, a number on a ticket that would be split in half, so you'd be handed a ticket and then hand it back in to get your mushrooms. :thumbup:

That would just create a black market for tickets from locals. Locals show up, get a bunch of tickets, and wait a couple days then start selling them to people who don't want to wait.

As far as this idea goes, it's based on what seems to be an assumption that the people who have died consumed the mushrooms after smoking a drinking and therefore weren't in the proper mindset (which some would argue is kind of a ridiculous idea anyway.) Can you back that up with fact or no? Who's to say that they aren't just going to drink and smoke and take mushrooms after the wait because they make the decision that they want to get obliterated while they're sober, not drunk/high?

--------------------
!

Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
    #7183226 - 07/16/07 12:55 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cowgold said:
What about taking a sanity test?  :hehehe: 

Do mushrooms give you wings?
If you get the sudden urge to fly, where will you attempt take off?
Do you or anyone in your family have a history of schizophrenic tendencies?
Do your friends know you're secretly gay?
Have you taken any drugs or are currently taking prescriptions?
Have you masturbated today?
Do you have a clean change of underpants?

about the wings thing...give them a redbull, then see if it gives them ideas :-D

"DUDE! This stuff really does give you wings! watch this!"

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds