Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetyler5
Stranger
fresh mushrooms - how long do they stay fresh?
    #3954082 - 03/22/05 02:29 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

i ordered 30g of psilocybe cubensis from holland and it should arrive in 2-4 days. how long is it possible to keep the mushrooms fresh? i don't want to dry them, yet i don't have a plan to consume them right after receiving them. what are my options? how do i storage them? whats the maximum period of time where the mushrooms will still be fresh?

thanks in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: fresh mushrooms - how long do they stay fresh? [Re: tyler5]
    #3954094 - 03/22/05 02:32 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Around about a week is the usual answer

I keep mine in a small portable mini fridge, theyre always munched within a couple of days so not sure exactly how long myself  :tongue:

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: fresh mushrooms - how long do they stay fresh? [Re: mikeyboy]
    #3954118 - 03/22/05 02:44 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Well I cant say for sure but I think they would have a comprobroble shelf life to mushrooms bought at the grocery store. So maybe a week week and a half in teh fridge. I guess you could freeze them but dont take my word on that. When they thawed they would probrobly be mush (pun intended). Peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinerojeee
mutumbo bubumbo
Loc: hellosouthlandswamp
Re: fresh mushrooms - how long do they stay fresh? [Re: blaze2]
    #3954253 - 03/22/05 03:17 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

if u dont dry them just a few days depending on how wet they are

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
    #3954271 - 03/22/05 03:20 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

not fucking long, i would say that blaze 2 is wrong
in my experience (several times also) they begin to be a bit unpleasantly soggy and clearly degrading (in apperance and likely also potency) after 5-7 days, even when not touched at all and kept it a dark, dry, cool area.

Offlinetyler5
Stranger
Re: fresh mushrooms - how long do they stay fresh? [Re: holio1]
    #3954422 - 03/22/05 03:49 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

what if someone from the u.s. orders shrooms from europe? it could take up to 9-10 days for them to arrive. does that mean that there is no other option but to dry them?

Edited by tyler5 (03/22/05 03:50 PM)

OfflineOisatsanaYert
Stranger
    #3961244 - 03/23/05 06:37 PM (19 years, 28 days ago)

If someone from the U.S. orders shrooms from Europe they will be confiscated in customs.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#3963061 - 03/24/05 12:41 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

"even when not touched at all and kept it a dark, dry, cool area"

You didnt have them in fridge. Why is it do you think that mushrooms are in the refridgerated section of your grocery store? Personally I have never actually stored any for more than 3 or 4 days(they were fine still). Still they shouldnt be any different from mushrooms you buy at the store adn I have stored those for a little more than a week. Of course they were in that little package thing they came in so they werent just sitting in the fridge uncovered. I think it would also depend on the mushrooms condition when you put them in the fridge. The better shape the mushroom is in, the better and longer I reckon it would store. THere has to be someone in here who has some real experiance with fresh mushroom storage in a refridgerator tho. Peace

blaze2

EDIT:Humidity in the fridge will obviously also play a role. maybe if you put them in a drawer with a bag of a desiccant of some kind it would work better. Just a thought.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Edited by blaze2 (03/24/05 12:43 AM)

Offlineefrog
Ecstatic,Electric,Eclectic
Female User Gallery

Loc: Near the River... Flag
    #3963275 - 03/24/05 01:36 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Eeeee! I know this girl, who went to Amsterdamn and brought 30g fresh shroomies back via car to Germany *EDITED: AND PLACED THEM IN HER FRIDGE, AFTER ONLY A 4 HOUR DRIVE* and her shrooms went from good to MOLDY AND NASTY and just wrong in about 4 days *EDITED: IN HER FRIDGE, poof! She opened the door thinking they were fine and instead of a trip she had to throw them away.

She told me to tell you to dry them.
~K
EDITED: PS, IF like blaze thought, she had left them in the car, it probably would have been better because they would have dried, not molded.

--------------------
This is a whole new path. You cannot use your old map on this new path and if you try you'll only end up lost in the woods. Get a new map.

Edited by efrog (03/24/05 08:59 PM)

Offlineefrog
Female User Gallery

Re: fresh mushrooms - how long do they stay fresh? [Re: efrog]
    #3963284 - 03/24/05 01:38 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

(and NO WAY, they do not stay OK as long as normal mushrooms, she told me to add that too, so here you go! :laugh:)

--------------------
This is a whole new path. You cannot use your old map on this new path and if you try you'll only end up lost in the woods. Get a new map.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#3965134 - 03/24/05 01:53 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

yet again she didnt have them in a fridge they were just in her car how can you make a judgement about what storing them in the fridge would be like from an experiance when they molded in a car? honestly

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
    #3965200 - 03/24/05 02:08 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Had my blue meanies in a brown paper bag in a small portable fridge now for 4/5 days and they're sweet, im sure they'll last til the weekend  :grin: :thumbup:

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

Offlineefrog
Female User Gallery

Loc: Near the River...
    #3966590 - 03/24/05 08:54 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

UHM. THEY WERE in her FRIDGE. The drive from Amsterdam to where she lives in Germany is only 4 hours. :smile:

--------------------

Offlineholio1
intense

#3967107 - 03/24/05 10:53 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

sorry man, you are right and i did forget to meantion that. always haven't had them in the fridge, not too sure why but thats the way things were back when i grew them

i did have paper bags though if that counts for anything

the mushrooms were in top condition following picking though, and not very tightly packed at all

i guess it could be quite possible for them to last a bit more than a week in the fridge

Offlinetyler5
Stranger
    #3967691 - 03/25/05 05:06 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

ok then i think i've just wasted like 12 euros for nothing :frown:
it's been 4 days since the delivery and today is a national holiday so the post office is closed. and even tomorrow, there's a good chance that my shrooms haven't arrived yet cause the customs at my country are slow as hell.
anyway, might sound like a stupid question, but how do i now whether my shrooms have gone bad and if i decide that they look ok and eat them and they're actually useless already, will they have any negative effect on you?
how about drying them? can you dry only shrooms that are fresh (3-5 days) or can you also dry shrooms that have lost their potency?
sorry for all the stupid questions but i hope you guys can bare with me :wink:

Offlineefrog
Female User Gallery

#3967699 - 03/25/05 05:14 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Hey there, hopefully, since they were not refrigerated, they've just dried out. Wait and see :smile:
~Kimberly

--------------------

Offlinetyler5
Stranger
    #3968869 - 03/25/05 01:21 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

so, basically, if they ARE dried out, i dont have to dry them myself? just keep the dried shrooms somewhere where they wont loose their potency? another positive thing i note about the whole situation, is that 30 grams of fresh mushrooms roughly equals 300 grams of dried mushrooms? please do correct me if i'm completely wrong :wink:

Offlineefrog
Female User Gallery

Loc: Near the River...
    #3971198 - 03/26/05 12:39 AM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Hiya, yeah. 30 grams = roughly *3* NOT 300.

and if they are dried, you're fine.

--------------------

Offlinetyler5
Stranger
    #3971423 - 03/26/05 02:09 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

omg, 300 :smile: where the hell did i get that, yes i meant 3 hehe

Offlineholio1
intense

#3972669 - 03/26/05 01:58 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

i guess you would be fine if they were actually DRY (in that they snap when you bend them) but i really really really doubt they would get that dry during shipping. i recommend you either eat them right away or dry them totally and eat them whenever you like, assuming they are in half decent condition once they arrive.
you can dry them several ways, which are all quite easy, do a search

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order