Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
A problem with supporter ssl login
    #3957376 - 03/23/05 01:47 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Okay heres my question/ problem.
when i log into the site for the first time from a new computer i enter my user name then i get prompted for my user name and ssl password and so on.

every time after that when i try and log into the forums, even form a different computer on the same network, i get the ssl login screen before the normal login screen.. if i cancel out of it i get a we cannot procede page. im assuming that you go by IP addy to log the ssll users

now i use the shroomery at college with their t1 line and they probably only have one or 2 ip's so if i log in with my ssl account i dont think that anyone else will be able to login to their accounts from that same IP, or network.

get what im saying?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleYthanA
٩(●̮•̃)۶
Male

Loc: NY/MA/VT Border, USA Flag
Re: A problem with supporter ssl login [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3958012 - 03/23/05 07:23 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey,

I get what you're saying. :smile: Your SSL status is associated with your BB username (not your IP) so that's where it pulls the setting from. However, you bring up a good point. If you sign in on a public computer, check "remember my login", and you have SSL enabled, then no other user will be able to gain access to the site even just to log you out. They could do it by clearing the browser cookies, but most people won't know that. I'll see about adding a "sign out" button to the screen that comes up if you cancel out of the SSL authentication dialog.

Thanks!

-Y

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback