Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

!!Louisiana Fucks Us; possession of amanitas, morning glory seeds, salvia, datura.. possibly illegal
    #3884166 - 03/07/05 07:20 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

"Apparently, if this goes through, possession of amanitas, morning glory seeds, salvia, datura, or calea (among other plants) could be punishable by 2-10 years imprisonment and a fine of no more than $20,000."
--

http://www.legis.state.la.us/billdata/streamdocument.asp?did=288583

--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblericochet
Re: !!Louisiana Fucks Us; possession of amanitas, morning glory seeds, salvia, datura.. possibly ill [Re: C20H25N3O]
    #3884178 - 03/07/05 07:23 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

SWEET! :thumbup:

2-10 years and $20k isn't enough. I'm rooting for the death penalty.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: !!Louisiana Fucks Us; possession of amanitas, morning glory seeds, salvia, datura.. possibly ill [Re: C20H25N3O]
    #3884199 - 03/07/05 07:33 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Here it comes folks...

Plants those botanicals now!
Get seeds immediately!

InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
Re: !!Louisiana Fucks Us; possession of amanitas, morning glory seeds, salvia, datura.. possibly illegal [Re: C20H25N3O]
    #3884219 - 03/07/05 07:39 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

There is another reason to not live in the South...huh.

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: !!Louisiana Fucks Us; possession of amanitas, morning glory seeds, salvia, datura.. possibly illegal [Re: C20H25N3O]
    #3884245 - 03/07/05 07:46 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

The link isn't working, I am very interested though.  How can they make them illegal, this is ridiculous :thumbdown:

This better stay in the south...

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

Re: !!Louisiana Fucks Us; possession of amanitas, morning glory seeds, salvia, datura.. possibly ill [Re: theocean06]
    #3884282 - 03/07/05 07:54 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

the link works. Its a .pdf btw, so make sure you have adobe acrobat, or reader or whatever reads .pdfs installed.

--------------------

OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

#3884287 - 03/07/05 07:56 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

ah hell heres a copy and paste

Quote:

HLS 05RS-52 ORIGINAL
Page 1 of 4
CODING: Words in struck through type are deletions from existing law; words underscored
are additions.
Regular Session, 2005
HOUSE BILL NO. 20
BY REPRESENTATIVE STRAIN
Prefiled pursuant to Article III, Section 2(A)(4)(b)(i) of the Constitution of Louisiana.
CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES: Prohibits the production, manufacture, and distribution
of hallucinogenic plant products
AN ACT 1
To enact R.S. 40:989.1, relative to controlled dangerous substances; to create the crime of 2
the unlawful production, manufacture, distribution, or possession of a material, 3
compound, mixture, or preparation intended for human consumption which contains 4
a hallucinogenic plant; to provide for definitions; to provide for penalties; to provide 5
for exceptions; and to provide for related matters. 6
Be it enacted by the Legislature of Louisiana: 7
Section 1. R.S. 40:989.1 is hereby enacted to read as follows: 8
?989.1. Unlawful production, manufacture, distribution, or possession of 9
hallucinogenic plants 10
A.(1) It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly or intentionally to 11
produce, manufacture, distribute, or possess with intent to produce, manufacture, or 12
distribute a material, compound, mixture, or preparation intended for human 13
consumption which contains a hallucinogenic plant. 14
(2) Whoever violates the provisions of this Subsection shall be sentenced to 15
a term of imprisonment with or without hard labor for not less than two years nor 16
more than ten years and may, in addition, be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than 17
twenty thousand dollars. 18
HLS 05RS-52 ORIGINAL
HB NO. 20
Page 2 of 4
CODING: Words in struck through type are deletions from existing law; words underscored
are additions.
B.(1) It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly or intentionally to 1
possess a material, compound, mixture, or preparation intended for human 2
consumption which contains a hallucinogenic plant. 3
(2) Any person who violates the provisions of this Subsection shall be 4
sentenced to a term of imprisonment with or without hard labor for not more than 5
five years and may, in addition, be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than five 6
thousand dollars. 7
C. For the purposes of this Section: 8
(1) "Distribute" means to sell, lease, rent, barter, trade, furnish, supply, or 9
otherwise transfer in exchange for anything of value a material, compound, mixture, 10
or preparation intended for human consumption which contains a hallucinogenic 11
plant. 12
(2) "Manufacture" means the production, preparation, propagation, 13
compounding, or processing of a material, compound, mixture, or preparation 14
intended for human consumption which contains a hallucinogenic plant either 15
directly or indirectly by extraction from substances of natural origin, or 16
independently by means of chemical synthesis, or by a combination of extraction and 17
chemical synthesis. Manufacturer includes any person who packages, repackages, 18
or labels any container holding a material, compound, mixture, or preparation 19
intended for human consumption which contains a hallucinogenic plant. 20
(3) "Production" includes the manufacture, planting, cultivation, growing, 21
or harvesting of a hallucinogenic plant. 22
(4) "Hallucinogenic plant" means any part or portion of any of the following: 23
(a) Brugmansia arborea. 24
(b) Amanita muscaria. 25
(c) Conocybe spp. 26
(d) Panaeolus spp. 27
(e) Psilocybe spp. 28
(f) Stropharia spp. 29
HLS 05RS-52 ORIGINAL
HB NO. 20
Page 3 of 4
are additions.
(g) Vinca rosea. 1
(h) Ipomoea violacea. 2
(i) Datura spp. 3
(j) Pancreatium trianthum. 4
(k) Kaempferia galanga. 5
(l) Olmedioperebea sclerophylla. 6
(m) Mesembryanthemum spp. 7
(n) Virola spp. 8
(o) Anadenanthera peregrina. 9
(p) Anadenanthera colubrina. 10
(q) Erythina spp. 11
(r) Genista canariensis. 12
(s) Mimosa hostilis. 13
(t) Rhynchosia spp. 14
(u) Sophora secundiflora. 15
(v) Peganum harmala. 16
(w) Banisteriopsis spp. 17
(x) Tetrapteris methystica. 18
(y) Heimia salicfolia. 19
(z) Tabernanthe iboga. 20
(aa) Prestonia amazonica. 21
(bb) Ipomoea violacea. 22
(cc) Rivea corymbosa. 23
(dd) Salvia divinorum. 24
(ee) Atropa belladonna. 25
(ff) Hyoscyamus niger. 26
(gg) Mandragora officinarum. 27
(hh) Brunfelsia spp. 28
(ii) Methysticodendron amesianum. 29
HLS 05RS-52 ORIGINAL
HB NO. 20
Page 4 of 4
are additions.
(jj) Latua pubiflora. 1
(kk) Calea Zacatechichi. 2
(ll) Physalis subglabrata. 3
(mm) Solanum carolinense. 4
(nn) Lagoehilus inebrians. 5
D. The provisions of this Section shall not apply to the possession, planting, 6
cultivation, growing, or harvesting of a hallucinogenic plant strictly for aesthetic, 7
landscaping, or decorative purposes. 8
DIGEST
The digest printed below was prepared by House Legislative Services. It constitutes no part
of the legislative instrument.
Strain HB No. 20
Abstract: Creates t he crime of unlawful production, manufacture, distribution, or
possesssion of a material, compound, mixture, or preparation intended for human
consumption which contains a hallucinogenic plant.
Present law provides criminal penalties for the unlawful production, manufacture,
distribution, or dispensing of controlled dangerous substances.
Proposed law retains the provisions of present law and creates the crime of unlawful
production, manufacture, distribution, or possesssion of a material, compound, mixture, or
preparation intended for human consumption which contains a hallucinogenic plant.
Proposed law defines "production", "manufacture", and "distribute" and "hallucinogenic
plant".
Proposed law provides penalties for unlawful production, manufacture, distribution, or
possession with intent to manufacture, produce, or distribute a material, compound, mixture,
or preparation intended fo r human consumption which contains a hallucinogenic plant of
imprisonment with or without hard labor for not less than two years nor more than 10 years
and may, in addition, be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than $20,000.
Proposed law provides penalties for unlawful possession of a material, compound, mixture,
or preparation intended for human consumption which contains a hallucinogenic plant of a
term of imprisonment with or without hard labor for not more than five years and may, in
addition, be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than $5,000.
(Adds R.S. 40:989.1)

--------------------

OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rogue's Island, USA
    #3884483 - 03/07/05 08:40 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

If I'm understanding the verbage of the propsed statute, it is as vague and weak as the federal drug analog laws, in that they must prove "intention for human consumption." Without that proof, they could go around arresting any old granny out in the woods that happened to pick some amanitas while out on her mushroom forage. This sounds like yet another feeble attempt of legislators to toss an ineffetual bone to their conservative constituents/"financial backers."

--------------------
"...if the mind is actually part of a continuum, a labyrinth that is connected not only to every other mind that exists or has existed, but to every atom, organism, and region in the vastness of space and time itself, the fact that it is able to occasionally make forays into the labyrinth and have transpersonal experiences no longer seems so strange."

Visit the Psychonautical Society

Edited by Basidiocarp (03/07/05 08:42 PM)

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: !!Louisiana Fucks Us; possession of amanitas, morning glory seeds, salvia, datura.. possibly ill [Re: Basidiocarp]
    #3884733 - 03/07/05 09:18 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Goddamn thats gay.... :nonono:

Hope that dont come to Florida !

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: !!Louisiana Fucks Us; possession of amanitas, morning glory seeds, salvia, datura.. possibly ill [Re: TYL3R]
    #3884776 - 03/07/05 09:25 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

D. The provisions of this Section shall not apply to the possession, planting, 6
cultivation, growing, or harvesting of a hallucinogenic plant strictly for aesthetic, 7
landscaping, or decorative purposes.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: !!Louisiana Fucks Us; possession of amanitas, morning glory seeds, salvia, datura.. possibly ill [Re: Jim]
    #3884777 - 03/07/05 09:25 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

loophole

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: !!Louisiana Fucks Us; possession of amanitas, morning glory seeds, salvia, datura.. possibly ill [Re: Jim]
    #3884810 - 03/07/05 09:29 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

GratefulJim said...loophole

.... :thumbup: :thumbup: Good eyes!!!

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

#3884825 - 03/07/05 09:31 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Exactly. What's the point in wasting the taxpayers' money on crap legislation like this that is completely unenforceable? They know that they can't regulate every naturally occuring plant out there, WTF. Morons.

--------------------
"...if the mind is actually part of a continuum, a labyrinth that is connected not only to every other mind that exists or has existed, but to every atom, organism, and region in the vastness of space and time itself, the fact that it is able to occasionally make forays into the labyrinth and have transpersonal experiences no longer seems so strange."

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3885086 - 03/07/05 10:15 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

this is a direct response to the recent (last 5 years) explosion of enthnobotanical online vendors - I saw this coming from a mile away. I just wonder if it'll actually pass and fear any sort of domino effect with other states/federal law.

OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

Re: !!Louisiana Fucks Us; possession of amanitas, morning glory seeds, salvia, datura.. possibly ill [Re: Vvellum]
    #3885120 - 03/07/05 10:24 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

...just as the recent DEA crackdown was a response to the explosion of the sales of "research chemicals" online. This prohibition witchhunt will continue on all fronts until someone, somewhere, somehow, stands up and tells the federal (or state) government once and for all that their war on drugs is pointless and is an intrusuion upon the very rights and principles that this country was founded upon.

But seeing as how the population is one big flock of unthinking, ignorant sheep, I don't see that challenge rising up anytime soon.

And so, the Man continues to win the War...

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: !!Louisiana Fucks Us; possession of amanitas, morning glory seeds, salvia, datura.. possibly ill [Re: Basidiocarp]
    #3885136 - 03/07/05 10:30 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

get your seeds and cuttings
learn cultivation
and prepare the underground circuits.

OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

Re: !!Louisiana Fucks Us; possession of amanitas, morning glory seeds, salvia, datura.. possibly ill [Re: Vvellum]
    #3885168 - 03/07/05 10:40 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

How about collecting signatures, calling your representatives, and making sure that crap legislation like this gets killed on the floor? We're all too quick to take the easy route and run and hide. How long do you think we're going to be able to "keep it underground?" What's the next thing that we're going to have to take "underground?" How about calling these assholes up and telling them that if they vote for this they can kiss their house/senate seats goodbye next term?

The government has us right where they want us right now... Afraid and running away. We either turn that tide around now or we can kiss real democracy GOOOOODBYE.

I really feel that our generation will be the one that determines the ultimate fate of this now-faltering experiment called America. And right now, it doesn't look good, kids.

Edited by Basidiocarp (03/07/05 11:10 PM)

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3885227 - 03/07/05 11:09 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

well, I've lost hope in the US government and America. I am also not a citizen of Lousiana so I doubt my voice has any influence. I do, however, finanically support drcnet and other organizations whose voice is sharper and more magnified than mine.

I do not think developing some sort underground network of salvia cutting trade, for example, is "running away in fear" - rather it is being proactive, realistic, and prepared for the inevitable. There will be crackdowns on freedoms - the best thing we can do is develop shadow economies and alternative powers and circuits.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #3885261 - 03/07/05 11:18 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Basidiocarp said:
How about collecting signatures, calling your representatives, and making sure that crap legislation like this gets killed on the floor?  We're all too quick to take the easy route and run and hide.  How long do you think we're going to be able to "keep it underground?"  What's the next thing that we're going to have to take "underground?"  How about calling these assholes up and telling them that if they vote for this they can kiss their house/senate seats goodbye next term?

The government has us right where they want us right now...  Afraid and running away.  We either turn that tide around now or we can kiss real democracy GOOOOODBYE.

I really feel that our generation will be the one that determines the ultimate fate of this now-faltering experiment called America.  And right now, it doesn't look good, kids.

ummmmm....
im trying to think of something to say.....

but....
i cant, except for this:

word :thumbup:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

#3885266 - 03/07/05 11:20 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
the best thing we can do is develop shadow economies and alternative powers and circuits.

With thinking like this, then, the game is indeed over. Our country needs fundamental support and reform, more so than the damn black market does. The black market is, and forever shall be, robust enough... I can assure you that it will be there to capitalize off of any opportunity that might arise. It doesn't need help. Our country needs help.

Sure, I'm all for supporting counterculture and having a system in place to evade the Man. But it's just that: Evasion. Evasion cannot go on forever. At some point there must be change affected at a higher level.

If we belive what we are doing is right, and is worth defending, why are we running underground with it?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck