Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Shroom Hunting in Thailand
    #3866203 - 03/04/05 01:58 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

AS some of you already know, I discovered a new species of entheogen Psilocybe in southern Thailand in August of 1991.

IT was an accident. I had been int he fields of ban hua Thanon for more thn five yers, at least twice a year and that is where I had been collecting psilocybe cubensis and/or p. subcubensis.

I had also been collecting a few varieties of Copelandia, but then taht was in other locations on the island.

On this particular August morn, my cigarrete pack droped from my shirt pocket ontot he ground in a rice paddie at ban Hua Thanon. As I bent over to retrieve it I noticed some small mushrooms poking out formthe Mimosa species and sandy soiled grass.

I knew right away form their macroscopic characteristics that they belonged to the genus Psilocybe, a possible new species.

AS it turned out, it was a new species. Since I found it in August, I caculated it grew only in July and was gone in August.

Well tn years later on another shgroom expedit tion with four participants, the Thai wife of one of us found a few specimens and her and her American husband came to get me to tell me they thought they had foound my mushroom.

Sure enough. However, that was in September so now i knew the lifecycle was longer than first expected.

Yet I wondered why I had not seen them before or since.

It seems that when they fruit they come up and are gone within five to seven days. After the fifth day they stop fruiting and I find smaller ones the next day which had grown to taller shrooms.

In 2003 I found them in a second location away from Ban Hua Thanon in a sectioned off rice paddie field in Na Muang Koh Samui.

\However, again I was unlucky and only found 8 specimens.

Well Last summer I found this mushroom again at Na Muang. This time I collected it for five days in June and again at the end of June into July6, also for 5-7 days of picking. I collected a few thousand or so specimens of them.

They apopear in little colonies of form ontwo or more to 15-20 mushrooms in some areas of the paddies. Every day a cattle tender would come in and move the buffalo to another paddie to graze. Usually in shaded areas. This mushroom seems to appear after the water settles fro the monsoon rains and the earth begins to soak up the dampness in the grow. First their are morning spider webs by the thoudsands. My legs were biten to shits from spiders and form fire ants.

Not all fields have fire ants. Even the Carpeter ants were irritating more than mosquitos.

The first shrooms to appear in this habitat as seen in the image of the page i am posting were Panaeolus antillarum. They dominate the field for about a week to ten days. Then they disappear. Then the cubes come and go. Then the Stropharia (unidentified psilocybe) appears by the thousands. AS they go back into the earth, the P. samuiensis pop up. At the same time, theyre is always a cube pie here and there because of the cattle constanly being moved from paddie square to paddie square.

So I present mosre than 180 images all with enlargements which include the 101 new samuiensis images from the summer of 2004

http://mushroomjohn.com/psilocybesamuiensis2004-1.htm

Enjoy.

I will soon be working next on the Copelandia section of my site with the Copes of Hawaii, Viet-Nam, Malaysia, Thailand and Cambodia

and have a shroomy day,

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: A-TX
Re: Shroom Hunting in Thailand [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3867131 - 03/04/05 09:40 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

wow MJ that is too cool-  YOur wealth of knowledge never ceases to amaze me!

Funny you post this on Thailand,  because... My GIS class is taking a trip there this summer and will be there for a week in the early part of May, If Im lucky enough to come up with $2000,  Would I possibly find some in that time?  It sounds like it from what youve said.    I think... my teacher said we are going to Phuket?  I dunno if thats right tho.  His wife is actually from Thailand and was lucky enough to be in the states during the horrid Tsunami,  God Bless. :heart:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Shroom Hunting in Thailand [Re: cube428]
    #3867641 - 03/04/05 12:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

There are copes in Pukett and that is also on the Andaman sea side of Thailand and that is where the Tsunami struckl.

Hope everything there is cool for you.

My trip goes to Koh Samui and sometimes to Ko Tao or Koh Phanghan.

Have a shroomy day,

mj

Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: A-TX
    #3872367 - 03/05/05 09:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

oh kool, thankyou very much- Now that I know it will be possible, Im going to try my damnd'est to make it there this summer.

You said its on the seaside where the tsunami hit..... (Im sure this is a stupid question but Ill ask anyways) Would that mean it helped/ or ruined the mush growth with the massive floods or did it not even affect them really?

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Shroom Hunting in Thailand [Re: cube428]
    #3872458 - 03/05/05 10:20 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Be careful in thailand cube, and good research once again MJ, highly credited work.

OfflinePZCC
Strangest
    #3873585 - 03/05/05 04:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

MJ,
Are they significantly psychoactive?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Shroom Hunting in Thailand [Re: PZCC]
    #3873866 - 03/05/05 05:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

15-22 fresh shrooms are kinda potent and maybe equal to five dried grams of cubes.

Potency levels of many specimens are shown in a table in my article with Gartz at my site including a cheromatogram of the chemical analysis.

I personally bioassayed them after their initial discovery.

mj

Offlinecosmicsea
Stranger

#3877162 - 03/06/05 12:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

John-
Nice shrooms man! Hey, are you really going on your _last_ expedition this fall?

JG

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Shroom Hunting in Thailand [Re: cosmicsea]
    #3877208 - 03/06/05 12:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes in September. So far i have two married copuples int he mid tqwenties and one reppeat tripper fior the expedition. I can take two more people.. First come first serve enrollment.

mj

Here I am in my friend's home on koh Samui with a small collection of shrooms I picked in about a half an hour.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #3877323 - 03/06/05 01:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Very interesting, nice collection of pics of the species on your site.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds