Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinechocbruce
Learned Student

Loc: ...
Snow Pudding, classy easter dessert
    #3865063 - 03/03/05 11:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

This is a recipie for light and fluffy pudding that also has a nice vanilla custard sauce. A wonderful dessert that takes about 25 minutes of mixing to prepare. Don't even attempt this unless you have an electric mixer. It takes only about 10 minutes of your time to prep tho....know what I mean??

You will need:
1 Tbl spoon Gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
1 cup boiling water
1/4 cup lemon juice
zest of one lemon
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup sugar and
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbl spoon corn starch.

Pudding:
soften the gelatin in the 1/4 cup of cold water. Add the 1 cup boiling water, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 1 cup sugar. Set this mixture in the refrigerator while you prepare the custard sauce. (skip ahead, ideally this mixture should be just slightly jellied, or about 40 deg F.)

Seperate the eggs into the yolks and the whites. Put the whites into a mixing bowl, and turn all the way up. The eggs will begin to stiffen, and get white and fluffy. Add the previous mixture at about 2-3 tablespoons at a time over the next 15 minutes of mixing. (All of this time your mixer will be on maximum. It is done when all of the lemon juice/sugar mixture is in the pudding and it holds its shape.

Custard Sauce:
Mix the 2 egg yolks, 1 cup of milk, 1 tbl spoon corn starch, and 1/4 cup sugar. Heat on medium heat over stove in a saucepan until the mixture begins to thicken. Do not allow to boil, or it will thicken too much. If you do allow it to boil by mistake, add some milk to thin the sauce.

This dish is best if the pudding and the custard sauce are served chilled.

Enjoy!!

--------------------
I look for answers and present ideas, but in no way shape or form endorse, or partake in, growing, or manufacture of substances, or plants, or any specie that is illegal in your neck of the woods. I do however, tear the tags off of my mattresses. Be warned.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing