Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

Some San Pedro's
    #386259 - 09/05/01 11:24 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Here's a pic of some of my San Pedro's. I raised them from seed but because they were heavily attacked by root-lice i had to cut off at soil level and root them again. They are about 3 years old.

Need spores? We got spores!
Visit MUSHMUSH
for the highest quality exotic mushroom spores.
info@mushmush.nl

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: Some San Pedro's [Re: Una]
    #386264 - 09/05/01 11:38 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Where could I learn more about growing these?

You approach the turnstiles and know that when you get there you have to give the man two
dollars or he won't let you inside but when you get there everything goes wrong.

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
    #386267 - 09/05/01 11:49 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

hi una, very nice pedro's.....
how do you grow these??? they are quite thick to be growed at north europe....
do you use some kind of artificial illumunation??? yes?? hps?? mh?? let us know....
age of the specimens??

IL_FUNGO_SACRO la coltivazione, gli enteogeni, in italiano
Support the FSR

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #386297 - 09/05/01 12:58 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

goddamn, they look so much like what i've identified as cereus peruvianus, abundant where i live...
how can pedros vary so greatly in their shape?

i hate witty sigs / if anything i say has something in common with reality, this is a merely a coincidence.

Invisiblestrang

Re: Some San Pedro's [Re: felixhigh]
    #386307 - 09/05/01 01:27 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

is that bad boy in the center left grafted...looks damn good.... how long from seed to where you are know? how olds the peyote button on the pedro? (if it is).. would it be able to live just in a window sill or will she need more light?thanks una.............

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
    #386352 - 09/05/01 02:33 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Looking Good. They're not san pedro though (Trichocereus pachanoi), they look more like trichocereus peruvianus.

Take care

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Some San Pedro's [Re: Phyl]
    #386359 - 09/05/01 02:40 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Do all pedros have such large spikes? the spikes on my pedro are almost non existant, not long at all. I've seen peruvian torch with long spikes... but all the sanpedro i see have very short patches of spikes on the rib, one patch of spikes every 1-3 inches.

Peace out,
Gumby

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Some San Pedro's [Re: Gumby]
    #386370 - 09/05/01 03:08 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

That's exactly why I think they're peruvianus and not pedros. The cacti in your 'san pedro health' thread is definately a san pedro.

InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

Re: Some San Pedro's [Re: Phyl]
    #386441 - 09/05/01 05:47 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Those are definately San Pedro's (Trichocereus pachanoi).Actually there's one Myrtillocactus(the one with the two heads and one peyote grafted on a Myrtillocactus).
You have to remember that these are not mature plants but 3 year old seedlings. Young San Pedro's are much spinier than mature plants. The size of the spines shrinks with age.

They are grown in a window sill without artificial illumination, although they were started under fluorecent tubes the first few months.

Here's another pic of a peyote button that i grafted onto a San Pedro.

Need spores? We got spores!
Visit MUSHMUSH
for the highest quality exotic mushroom spores.
info@mushmush.nl

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

Loc: New Zealand
    #386779 - 09/06/01 01:56 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hmmm...I've got plenty of pachanoi seedlings, some younger than those, and none of them have spines like that...its not so much the length of the spines that makes me wonder but the fact that they seem to have fairly prominent central spines as well...I don't think I've ever seen a San Pedro with a central spine. My money is on Tr. peruvianus or macrogonus, tho I wonder how meaningful it is to assign strict species definitions to a plant that is obviously so variable...maybe we should compromise and start calling sacred cacti pachanoid, peruvianoid or bridgesioid based on what they're closest to. It would make things a lot simpler...

Edited by Pynchon on 09/06/01 09:16 AM.

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
    #386880 - 09/06/01 07:28 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

The only one of those cacti that looks anything like a San Pedro is the one on the left with the Peyote grafted onto it, but it might be Blue Myrtle. The rest might be Peruvians, but the're definetly not San Pedro.

I did acid once, white boy gave it to me. He said "you gonna be trippin", I said Shit, I ain't goin' nowhere without my luggage.
-Richard Pryor

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Some San Pedro's [Re: superpimp]
    #387231 - 09/06/01 06:26 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

they may not be pedros... but i hope they're peruvians! or peruvianians. if so, ive got a lot growing wild down here! if not, you got something like cereus neotetragonus or something... =/

i hate witty sigs / if anything i say has something in common with reality, this is a merely a coincidence.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Some San Pedro's [Re: felixhigh]
    #387503 - 09/06/01 10:37 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Those are definitely Trichocereus pachanoi, spine length has little to do with whether or not its a pedro or peru. I have seen plenty of both, and those are pedros. The general stature of the cactus, along with how the aeroles sit in the cactus at an angle rather than flush with the catus all point towards pachanoi. Also color, most peruvinanus are a darker green than pachanoi, and sometimes bluish colored. There are also no "v" notches that I can see in those pedros, something most peruvianus display, although sometimes pedro will have this feature at a much more subtle level.

--------------------

InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

Loc: New Zealand
Re: Some San Pedro's [Re: Lizard King]
    #387675 - 09/07/01 02:03 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Have a look at the third one from left in the back row...see how the areole is sitting on a sort of "ledge"? With pachanoi, the areole tends to sit under the ledge if you know what I mean...

I don't think colour has much to do with it, but some of those cacti have a distinctively blueish frosting, which would be unusual on a pachanoi. And the V-notching thing is a bit of a misnomer,IMO...

If you guys are that sure they're pachs I won't argue, but if I saw these for sale somewhere, I would assume them to be peruvianus or macrogonus, most likely macrogonus.

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
    #396636 - 09/17/01 11:14 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

well, i just started a tr. peruvianus myself from seed. just germinated yesterday. what type of soil mix did you use? i used peat moss/verm/sand

Support the FSR!!!www.myco-tek.com

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds