Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Very spaced out and moderate pot smoking : possible effects on thinking/focus/study?
    #3838565 - 02/26/05 08:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I don't smoke very often. If I smoke, it's on the weekends, and even then it's only at night, and even then it's only one session. Like I might smoke a bowl or two with my roommate on Friday, then maybe a bowl or two at night on Saturday, and then that's it. Nothing till the next Friday. So, I'd say 4-6 bowls of pot per 7 days, all within the weekend. Pretty moderate usage I'd say.

But for some reason I always feel like it affects me. I always feel like I can't read well, and I don't pay enough attention. But I'm also highly prone to dwelling on stupid shit (like this thread) and making myself believe them. My question to you is, do you think this is just my psychotic worries manifesting themselves, or do you think that such a minute amount of pot would really affect me.

Thanks!
That much pot usage having any kind of effects?
You may choose only one
Yes
No
Do you think this question is the work of a nervous mind?
You may choose only one
Yes
No

Votes accepted from (02/26/05 08:49 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll | Filter by response

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: Very spaced out and moderate pot smoking : possible effects on thinking/focus/study? [Re: freddurgan]
    #3838577 - 02/26/05 08:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Chill, bro. It's all in your 'ead!

When I'm in the correct places, three to four bowls a day; and I do things like computer programming and reading during these days, too.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleTYL3R
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chico Flag
Re: Very spaced out and moderate pot smoking : possible effects on thinking/focus/study? [Re: freddurgan]
    #3838590 - 02/26/05 09:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

We smoke very similarly.

Fri, and maybe Sat. One session.

I also feel like I cant concentrate. Like when doing shit with numbers - I start to work something out, then i forget what im doing. I just sit there and stare at it....

I might quit. I seriously dont want to, but i think i should.

Edited by x_TYLER_x (02/26/05 09:04 PM)

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3838924 - 02/26/05 10:45 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Pot's potency is very underestimated imo. Pot is so powerfull, that even a few inhalations can change your whole perception and chemical balance for weeks.

It's primal function is memory loss. Pot smokers can't remember/know how stoned they are, since "stoned" is always relevant to a memorial of a specific position in time (sobriety)

It is impossible to remember how sobriety feels with intoxicated memory.

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineWildRunner
Obey little,Resist much

Loc: Where the wild things are
Re: Very spaced out and moderate pot smoking : possible effects on thinking/focus/study? [Re: Sterile]
    #3839073 - 02/26/05 11:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

It effects people differently. You just gotta be intune with your body man. I use to smoke it like delta's talking about, then I stopped for 7 months, and I just cant get my tolerance back to where it was. I smoke maybe a couple times a week now, cause when I do, it effects me for the rest of the day. Too tired to focus when reading and shit, and that bothers me, cause I read a lot.

Just listen to yourself. Dont continue doing it, if you're not happy with the effects.

--------------------
If you dont know where you're going, any road will take you there.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Happy Mutant

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3839091 - 02/26/05 11:30 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

It may be a bit of both in your case. It never effected me much after I came down, but that's just me. But as far as studying whilst stoned, it's a lost cause. Save the smoking 'till after you finish schoolwork, and use it as a sort of reward....

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #3839108 - 02/26/05 11:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I never had any problems at school smoking bud...in fact I felt like I has no stress and I could study better when I was high. Each person is different though I guess..

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: Very spaced out and moderate pot smoking : possible effects on thinking/focus/study? [Re: Skunk420]
    #3839292 - 02/27/05 12:12 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I still don't believe you people remember/know what your actuall skills are while sober.

Smoking weed is not something you just do today...its a long chemical process with reactions that affect more than just the day or week you used it.

Simply put, it becomes a way of life, a habitual detail, that controls the central nervous system

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient

Re: Very spaced out and moderate pot smoking : possible effects on thinking/focus/study? [Re: Sterile]
    #3839424 - 02/27/05 12:40 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Didn't you have major problems long after you quit that weren't easily related to cannabis?
Quote:

Sterile said:
Pot's potency is very underestimated imo. Pot is so powerfull, that even a few inhalations can change your whole perception and chemical balance for weeks.

I'll agree with you that its potency is far underestimated and underrated and that indeed, even a single inhalation may change your state of mind for a good while...  I'm not so sure about your chemical balance being off for weeks due to it, other than the technical fact that you will have inactive metabolites in your system that you wouldn't have had otherwise.

Quote:

It's primal function is memory loss. Pot smokers can't remember/know how stoned they are, since "stoned" is always relevant to a memorial of a specific position in time (sobriety)

It is impossible to remember how sobriety feels with intoxicated memory.

Its primary function is change of consciousness.  Memory loss is a side effect that is on the one hand inevitable in a small sense (go into a room and forget for a moment why you came there...), but on the other hand is in no way so debilitating that you cannot tell how stoned you are by simple lack of remember the last time you were "sober" (and just how sober you go)...  I go through several changes in consciousness per day, and I can differentiate the sober state from the stoned state and all the in betweens - currently I can attest that I retain this ability even though I have not been smoking anywhere near as much. 

Quote:

I still don't believe you people remember/know what your actuall skills are while sober.

This stoner sure does!  Some things I do better sober and some I do better stoned, too.

Quote:

Simply put, it becomes a way of life, a habitual detail, that controls the central nervous system

Can't disagree with you on the way of life, habitual detail...  It's that time again! :spliff:  Controlling my nervous system?  No, not really :stoned:

--------------------
delta9

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#3839663 - 02/27/05 01:47 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So you most all agree that pot affects you for quite some time after smoking, regardless how much you smoke, because pot's potency is grossly underrated. And if I want to stay sober I'm going to have to quit smoking, which I'm not completely against. But it'd have to be Monday due to prior engagements tomorrow.

I'd like to start getting ready for serious study. Gotta catch up to a major switch at my school =/ Don't want to be all phased out when classes start that I have to do well in no matter what =(

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Edited by freddurgan (02/27/05 01:52 AM)

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

#3839753 - 02/27/05 02:20 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

oh hey I still think very clear, I have smoked weed on a regular basis for years and still think clear..it just makes you more mellow thats all...I know people that have had straight "A"'s in high school, and college...I still know this guy, he is smart as fuck, he smokes bomb ass chronic bud all the time...does still killer in school...weed does not make you slow, it is all in your head..I have been sober many times..I was way quicker when i quit bud for 3 weeks...but I have natural endless energy..and no I am not a tweeker..

Edited by skunk78395 (02/27/05 02:21 AM)

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Very spaced out and moderate pot smoking : possible effects on thinking/focus/study? [Re: Skunk420]
    #3839932 - 02/27/05 03:28 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So you say that it doesn't slow you down, but you were way quicker when you were sober for 3 weeks?

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Very spaced out and moderate pot smoking : possible effects on thinking/focus/study? [Re: TYL3R]
    #3839951 - 02/27/05 03:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

x_TYLER_x said:
We smoke very similarly.

Fri, and maybe Sat. One session.

I also feel like I cant concentrate. Like when doing shit with numbers - I start to work something out, then i forget what im doing. I just sit there and stare at it....

I might quit. I seriously dont want to, but i think i should.

Man I hear that. Happens all the time. I wonder if getting more exercise would help me out in this department?

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

#3839955 - 02/27/05 03:36 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i have been a pot head for over 15 years now, but yes it is true, you do go faster after you quit for a while, yea I can say that is personal evidence that i am faster without weed...big deal, i am fast when i am stoned as fuck on weed..it is a mindset...if you think you can go fast, then you can...if you dont ..well it is all up to you .. :stoned: :rolleyes: :grin:

Edited by skunk78395 (02/27/05 03:37 AM)

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient

#3839982 - 02/27/05 03:47 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Dude, seriously, I have a highly intellectual job...  I enjoy and produce my work better when I am high - at a faster pace, with a better work ethic, and more focus than I do when I am sober.

That said, every drug affects every person differently.

For some, it does nothing but put them on the couch drooling; for others, it makes them nothing but really paranoid; for still others, it does the opposite - allaying fears and helping the mind to focus at the task at hand.

Some of this is marijauna-strain specific.  A pure sativa is more likely to give you that clear-headed working high than a pure indica, for example.

A cop told me one time, "They did this test, see, where they gave these pilots marijauna and had them fly a simulator, and none of them could land the plane.  They tried for a whole week after not smoking and still, none of them could land the plane.  Well, one did, on the last day".  :lol:

Bullshit!  It should not affect you so greatly after the fact...  If it is, then you need to re-evaluate your usage.

I think it's all in your head, though.  I think you only get out of pot what you put into it.

When I was younger, I used to see people online saying, "I'm so high".  And I would think to myself, "No way?  They couldn't be typing if they were THAT high".  Then I spent some time learning to type high...  Now I type at least as well high as I do sober.  I put the effort into it, though.  It is my belief that if you put the effort forth, you should be able to learn to do most things, such as reading, writing, singing, and so many other things while high and well, if you put the time and effort forth.

You only get out of entheogens what you put into them.  If you put into pot to just chill on the couch listening to music, watching TV, and not focusing on anything in particular - that is all pot will give you.

These are just my beliefs and based on my experiences.  Your mileage may vary.  Pot just may not be your drug!

:shrug:

Peace and love
:sun: :heart:

--------------------
delta9

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Very spaced out and moderate pot smoking : possible effects on thinking/focus/study? [Re: delta9]
    #3840002 - 02/27/05 04:03 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

delta9 said:
A cop told me one time, "They did this test, see, where they gave these pilots marijauna and had them fly a simulator, and none of them could land the plane.  They tried for a whole week after not smoking and still, none of them could land the plane.  Well, one did, on the last day".  :lol:

These were probably pilots who did not smoke pot with any kind of regulrity.

I know pot heads who fly planes fine.

If you have beed a sober pilot all your life and suddenly tried to fly stoned you would probably crash.

If your a stoner-pilot......its no big deal.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient

Re: Very spaced out and moderate pot smoking : possible effects on thinking/focus/study? [Re: niteowl]
    #3840021 - 02/27/05 04:11 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

That's part of my point, thanks for another example, niteowl!

I know lots of programmers who don't smoke pot and when they do, they are unable to do anything productive, let alone code.  If you're a sober programmer, and suddely trying to program stoned, you will fail...  If you're a stoner-coder, it's no big deal :stoned:

Some people just weren't meant to be stoners...

--------------------
delta9

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Very spaced out and moderate pot smoking : possible effects on thinking/focus/study? [Re: delta9]
    #3840034 - 02/27/05 04:16 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yea. Im a hard core stoner and can do just about anything stoned.

My boss at work used to tell me to go out back and fire one up if I was having a bad day :wink:

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Very spaced out and moderate pot smoking : possible effects on thinking/focus/study? [Re: niteowl]
    #3841045 - 02/27/05 02:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Lol. I've never really tried to do anything work/academic related while stoned.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Community >> The Pub