Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinestar05
time traveler
North Texas
    #3834646 - 02/25/05 09:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Has anyone been finding any in N. Central Texas? In or around the Dallas area? I see the southern area is starting to get a few already.

--------------------
"I was just testing the bounds of reality..." ~~James Douglas Morrison

"This is the strangest life I've ever known.."
~~JDM

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTYL3R
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chico Flag
Re: North Texas [Re: star05]
    #3834664 - 02/25/05 09:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I dont think you're supposed to put stuff like this in here.... :rolleyes:

Edited by x_TYLER_x (02/25/05 10:01 PM)

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
    #3836194 - 02/26/05 11:19 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have never had any luck at all in North Texas. I think i have been in almost every pasture from North Denton to South Waco, and I have never found a damn thing. I know that it can be done, i just haven't been able to do it.

Not to say i have not had fun looking and meeting lots of new people.
But i digress, i cant find any actives in North Texas. Last year in the spring and fall i logged more than 1000 miles on my vehicle. Oh well, i did have fun

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: North Texas [Re: Photoguy]
    #3836241 - 02/26/05 11:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Not every field has magic shrooms growing in them.

And then some of the ones you visited may or may not have them and then it may be the werong time to pick. A field can have them and the next year maybe not. Depends on when the cattle shit and the rainfall comes.

It takes five to six weeks for the shroosm to appear after the spores have dispursed.

mj

Just keep looking. sooner or later you are bound to come across some.

Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: A-TX
Re: North Texas [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3837486 - 02/26/05 04:39 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

so very very True MJ, my cope/cube field... has been mostly bare with an abundance of Antillarum until this past Sept, then I had copes everywhere with a few cubes in the mix and Not one Antillarum, proves to you how the weather, etc/ is such a big factor

Yes, do please keep looking, But Ive hunted as far North as Waco with no luck- bunch of nice looking inactives tho.

Your best luck in North texas would be to head to Palestine, the Piney woods of TX

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Re: North Texas [Re: cube428]
    #3837646 - 02/26/05 05:28 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yes the Piney Woods are said to be really nice. Most people laugh when i tell them that i have never even done mushrooms, but i am willing to drive all over the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS in order to find some. I enjoy adventure and the thrill of the hunt so I love it all the same. I spent all last year hunting, this year I think i might try and grow, but who knows.

MJ, i used to post on the forum under a different name, but changed it to this new one. We spoke for a while, I was going down to Costa Rica and you gave me some really good tips.

BTW, thanks. Thanks a million. Arenal, and the pastures on the road up to it, near the wind mills, you would not belive the finds I had. I also did a week long trek through Manuel de Antonio National Rain Forest, and documented a bunch of amazing mushrooms. If you are ever interested in seeing some pics (I swear some of them were glowing) let me know. Thanks.

OfflineIMWatching
Stranger
    #3839402 - 02/27/05 12:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I live in South Texas and a place near abilene, I recently say this fungus growing on cowshit that was purple, but had no stems, anyone have any idea what it is?

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
Re: North Texas [Re: IMWatching]
    #3839958 - 02/27/05 03:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

IMWatching said:
I live in South Texas and a place near abilene, I recently say this fungus growing on cowshit that was purple, but had no stems, anyone have any idea what it is?

Not with that description.

OfflineIMWatching
Stranger
Re: North Texas [Re: Gumby]
    #3840019 - 02/27/05 04:10 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, sorry, i didn't read the whole site before i posted that, I'll update something better.

Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Re: North Texas [Re: IMWatching]
    #3840555 - 02/27/05 11:12 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Heh I saw an animal with four legs and brown fur. Anyone have any idea what it is?

Just kidding around.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Offlinecap
shroom lover

#3846048 - 02/28/05 12:03 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hello star05
dont give up i used to live in a little town in oklahoma just across the boarder and i made a really unusual find "copes" i got a lot of ridicual because of it and went way outta my way to prove to the other members here that it was true but anyway that being said i have since been thru a divorce and moved here to the DFW area and now that the season is on our heals i will be looking in this area now for any and all of those wonderfull magic shrooms

--------------------
USE SISSORS!!!

Offlinestar05
time traveler
Re: North Texas [Re: cap]
    #3853875 - 03/01/05 08:42 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That second poster said I shouldn't post this here. Is that true?

Anyway we found some cubes before winter and a person I was with dug up some of the (dried) cow crap and brought it home. Once home we found all these white round balls. It was pretty funny but I finally found out they were Stinkhorns and the balls were the volva they grow in, my friend thought they had found a new species or something. It was pretty funny.....really

What's bad is that this area doesn't have the variety that other states have or I could be wrong.

Edited by star05 (03/01/05 09:40 PM)

Offlineyungmind1
Stranger
    #4494319 - 08/04/05 11:40 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i found a patch of cubes in ranger in eastland county in june of 2004 but never since maybe in the fall if mother earth would be so kind.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
    #4494357 - 08/04/05 11:56 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Photoguy said:
Yes the Piney Woods are said to be really nice. Most people laugh when i tell them that i have never even done mushrooms, but i am willing to drive all over the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS in order to find some. I enjoy adventure and the thrill of the hunt so I love it all the same. I spent all last year hunting, this year I think i might try and grow, but who knows.

MJ, i used to post on the forum under a different name, but changed it to this new one. We spoke for a while, I was going down to Costa Rica and you gave me some really good tips.

BTW, thanks. Thanks a million. Arenal, and the pastures on the road up to it, near the wind mills, you would not belive the finds I had. I also did a week long trek through Manuel de Antonio National Rain Forest, and documented a bunch of amazing mushrooms. If you are ever interested in seeing some pics (I swear some of them were glowing) let me know. Thanks.

Yes the piney woods are the real deal. Absolute treasure trove. I lived in Nacogdoches, TX for 16 years (born and raised basically). The PW is the place of THE "McCoy's" shroom field.
I think you should consider rechanging your name; someone named photoguy came through here a while back and made himself to be an immature punk and a hotheaded little prick. Dont want that kind of reputation.

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: North Texas [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4501940 - 08/06/05 12:34 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

That was the same Photoguy. That guy with the shrmurf avatar is right:

Lately we have all been reply-ing to Old Ass posts. Hahahahahh.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: North Texas [Re: psiclops]
    #4502243 - 08/06/05 01:36 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

hehe, i knew it was the same guy, i just wanted to subtly make him feel like an ass. Too bad.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification