Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
What is the RIAA or MPAA?
    #3822509 -

Because I tried to get onto EverydayJones.com where I do my DVD trading and it wouldn't let me on because it said that my IP address was being managed by either one of those. I am very interested in knowing what they are.

Thanks for any help.


--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #3822516 -

recording industry association of america
motion picture association of america

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: newuser1492]
    #3822528 -

so why would they be "managing" my IP address? Because it's not letting me onto that site.


--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #3822543 -

They are the groups suing people for copyright violations by sharing/downloading their copyrighted material (ie, movies and music). hope you don't get sued!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #3822571 -

god damn it. but i only trade phish, and they allow audio recordings...but they don't allow video tapes in, so i guess that illegal. Whatever, this is bullshit, if I do get in trouble I'm gonna be pissed...and my dad is a lawyer too so that's cool.


--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #3822624 -

post a screenshot.
I suspect they are using blocklists on their server
and your ISP is within an invalid IP range.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3822643 -

a screen shot of when the message come up?


--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3822648 -

If you only trade legit live music you shouldn't have anything to worry about. even video of those shows aren't quite as "bad" as copyrighted DVDs. bi0's suspician could be closer... maybe somebody else at your ISP is being bad and now everybody has to be blocked.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #3822671 -

Yeah, I don't think they would have much of a case on me for having a shit load of legitamately taped shows, and then a few bootleg dvd's. The dvds is the only thing I could possibly get in trouble for since they don't allow video taping. I really am not worried about it, but I don't like the fact that they are "managing" my IP address or whatever, hopefully it is someone else.


here's a screen shot of the message:


--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #3822675 -

yup, they are blocking an invalid IP range. Contact them and send your IP address.

what the hell browser is that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3822681 -

i don't know how to contact them, it doesn't let me on that whole site overall and I don't know how to contact. But I have another computer at my dads house which I am at sometimes where I can go on it.


--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #3822696 -

I am sure someone can post their email here. I'm blocked as well, but thats because I'm at a college comp lab working on some shit. Edu ranges are typically in blocklists.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #3822706 -

Quote:
here's a screen shot of the message:




I get the same message! Although I ain't fucked with bittorrent in a long time and haven't downloaded any music from any services. The only thing I do primarily is D/L some Porn/Dance/Reggae off Usenet.Binaries.

They are probably blocking a whole class of IPs if you want to believe that.

Im not worried about this because I have never been to that website before. They maybe having problems with their software.


--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3822708 -

Same here.... university IP.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3822713 -

I'm blocked, too. They may just be having some kinda issues w/ their software.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: Its Pat]
    #3822715 -

yeah, i can get somebody to get the guys email address that runs the site. All I know is that the guy who runs the message board's name is Jason Green.


--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #3822734 -

YouEnjoyMyself said:
yeah, i can get somebody to get the guys email address that runs the site. All I know is that the guy who runs the message board's name is Jason Green.



If you get ahold of THIS Jason Green, ask him if he lived in Long Beach growing up!


--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: Its Pat]
    #3822754 -

haha, alright. Did you know a jason green?


--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #3822765 -

YouEnjoyMyself said:
haha, alright. Did you know a jason green?



I grew up with one back in the day down in The L.B.C..


--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What is the RIAA or MPAA? [Re: Its Pat]
    #3822770 -

well if I get ahold of him, I'll ask him.


--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Internet Strikes Back: Anonymous Takes Down DOJ.gov, RIAA, MPAA Sites To Protest Megaupload Seizure
( 1 2 3 all )
Hobozen 5,957 51 01/28/12 04:57 PM
by makaveli8x8
* Obama Administration agrees with RIAA destroying a woman's life
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
sonamdrukpa 4,842 113 06/10/12 10:50 PM
by sonamdrukpa
* Limewire Sued by RIAA- Might read if you use it
( 1 2 all )
TrippinTeddy 3,086 21 08/06/06 01:22 AM
by TrippinTeddy
* I'm busted by the RIAA *HELP* They want $200,000.......
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
gema 6,649 95 09/27/09 02:40 PM
by CMACD
* The MPAA can suck on my balls.... AaronEvil 451 10 02/20/08 11:24 PM
by johnm214
* The RIAA's campaign to spread FACTUALLY INCORRECT propraganda at college campuses (surprised?) kake 546 0 08/31/06 05:22 PM
by kake
* Despite RIAA Loss, File Sharers Face Hefty Fines snoot 558 4 01/19/09 12:54 PM
by upinthetrees
* We must band together and KILL anybody associated with the MPAA DNKYD 770 10 11/28/06 03:59 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,381 topic views. 2 members, 34 guests and 309 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.