Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
What future upgrades to this site are happening?
    #3784434 - 02/15/05 04:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Just curious. What can we expect in the next few months?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: What future upgrades to this site are happening? [Re: World Spirit]
    #3787779 - 02/16/05 01:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

We are going to update the forums  to the final and last  version of UBBThreads, 6.51, including full post tracking for the subforums.

Other than that you are going to continue to contribute to the Shroomery Wiki :wink:

www.shroomery.org/wiki

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What future upgrades to this site are happening? [Re: Anno]
    #3791413 - 02/17/05 01:15 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:tongue: :wink:

very funny, tough guy

:heart:

But seriously, you didn't even accept the wiki edits I've already done. If you look at all the stuff I've submitted, including wiki, suggestions, posts, faqs, and the recent PDF file via email, you'll see that nearly every single thing is shot down or unacknowledged altogether. There's really no energy left in me to pursue further addons.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3791556 - 02/17/05 02:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

>But seriously, you didn't even accept the wiki edits I've already done.
How do you mean accept them? There is no acception process for the wiki.

>If you look at all the stuff I've submitted, including wiki, suggestions, posts, faqs, and the
>recent PDF file via email, you'll see that nearly every single thing is shot down or
>unacknowledged altogether. There's really no energy left in me to pursue further addons.

I am sorry you feel this way, but you must understand that not every suggestion or FAQ can be implemented or accepted.

Your suggestions in the last 2 months:

If mods or anyone need a pdf maker for free...
OK, thank you, I have one already.

Advertisements to spore vendors should be hidden...
This is simply a suggestion that would nearly eliminate the banner traffic altogether. The majority of the banner clicks come from visitors, not from registered users.

The browser name for this site needs to change if possible

The browser name has a function, namely to be able to distinguish the various open windows

A More Effective News Section....
Good suggestion, but not easily implemented with this board software.

New Experience Report Submission Form?
Your suggestion has been implemented to a high degree

surveys, detailed studies on health, as well as statistics could lead to distant help for others
Sure, go on

Need a POst pic option in PMs
There is a MyPics button at the top of each page

Eat the Energy Right.....NOW
Well, don't know what to say to this.

Your FAQ submissions were mostly if not all together topics that are not in accordance with he FAQ submission guidelines.

The PDF you mentioned is incomplete and the contents of it are covered at the site already.

I know you have good intentions, but currently many of your contributions are not very useful, sorry.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3800130 - 02/18/05 06:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Actually, my good friend, I've recommended these items:

1. An MP3 library of audio clips
    a. interviews without copyright or by permission(s)
    b. shroomery radio broadcast recordings when no music is involved

2. An WMA library of video clips
    a. grow logs recorded via camera like the one's Ryche Hawk did of P. Cyanascens outdoors
    b. interviews of important people in the fungi world
    c. conferences or clips of conferences

3. A PDF-downloadable, organized "nice to the eyes" library.
    a. Entheogen and fungi-related books
    b. Entheogen and fungi-related articles
    c. Your best indoor Grow TEKs, your best outdoor Grow TEKs, advanced skills articles, your best hunting guides, text-recorded interviews, etc. We could even make one month's worth of news available in PDF format at the end of each month. For inspiration, the Psychedelic Library website has entire books available.

4. A Shroomery Online Edible/Medicinal Mycology Course with a certification in basic/middle/advanced stages of home indoor and outdoor cultivation. This is probably the greatest contribution this site could give to the US and Canada if not all of Europe as well.

5. Changing the name of the browser window
    a. This will increase security for your users
    b. Potentially, this could welcome a few extra people who get too paranoid

6. Allow vendors to advertise only to those with a valid user id and password to this site. This will also reduce paranoia and increase security. Your site currently hides the ODD forum to non-members but allows advertising to anyone.

7. Update the Experience Submission Form with more detailed/precise fields. Also cause these fields to be mandatory and permanent.

8.  An expression on the site that appeals to all nations, all people, all backgrounds of faith, race, etc.

9. A translator option so people can choose their language when they login or make it a permanent setting. I realize this would be tough to pull off but someone somewhere must be working on a program for this.

10. A balance between males and females. This site is very, very, very male dominant.

11. More forums (actually more subforums) based on what the community appears to be asking for. Tons of people seem to be smiling about a "Dream Forum."

12. More video games if possible. How bout Pitfall?

:heart:

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3800509 - 02/18/05 08:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

One addition too, was in regard to the actual frontpage design. A comparison was made between our site and Erowid's frontpage. Check it out:

Us:

Them:

A difference in overall appearance, quality of appearance, the power of colors, the uniqueness can be seen. Erowid has something special.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #3800761 - 02/18/05 08:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

One addition too, was in regard to the actual frontpage design.

I agree the front page needs..

--------------------
http://heffter.org

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3801006 - 02/18/05 09:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I found what may be a good translator program that does 50 things:
http://www.download.com/A-ToolBar/3000-2381_4-10363280.html?tag=lst-0-1

This is the same place that has the free Adobe PDF file maker program called "PDF Redirect".

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3802249 - 02/19/05 12:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Again, you are repeating suggestions that I already told you wont happen and why they won't and can't happen.

Enter, you have great(and not so great ideas), but you don't have any idea what is doable and what not.

For instance:
>10. A balance between males and females. This site is very, very, very male dominant.

I mean, what are you going to do about this? How are you going to globally make girls and women interested in mushrooms?

Or:
>One addition too, was in regard to the actual frontpage design. A comparison was
>made between our site and Erowid's frontpage. Check it out:

There are reasons why the content(I am not speaking about the design, there is room for improvement, certainly) is like it is. If we had a blank front page like erowid has, we wouldn't show up in most search engines fro major search words. So, the content stays, whether you like it or not. The design might/will change at some time.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3818952 - 02/22/05 07:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'd like to add just a couple more suggestions in here if I may...

1. Permanently remove OTD. Most of the long-term users want this type of content UNassociated with fungi. It doesn't represent what we're about - supposedly enlightened.

2. Trim the PUB down to less sexual content and more site-related discussion.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #3819282 - 02/22/05 08:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Enter said:

1. Permanently remove OTD. Most of the long-term users want this type of content UNassociated with fungi. It doesn't represent what we're about - supposedly enlightened.

No need to suggest that. A few of the admins have been working hard on their 'Final Soultion' for the 'OTD Question.'

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

OfflineVampire999S
Man Of ManyAquariums
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
    #3820122 - 02/22/05 10:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm looking at doing some hardware upgrades in the near future. Possible redundant backends and frontends blaa blaa *insert tech bable here*

Possibly getting a secondary Internet presence for us as well. Although this one is still very drawing board.

--------------------
./configure --without-sanity --without-logic --without-regret
jaded = safe != happy
Were not familly, we are the shroomery, and to some thats thicker than blood.

Edited by Vampire999 (02/22/05 10:54 PM)

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
    #3820303 - 02/22/05 11:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Enter said:

2. Trim the PUB down to less sexual content and more site-related discussion.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Holy crap man.  the off topic portions of this site are one of its strengths.
And more than enough long term users don't mind OTD.
Same goes for the Pub.  Without the ability to freely converse, we wouldn't be what we are today.
It aint broke, don't try and fix it.

Also:  Who said we were enlightened?  We offer information about hallucinogenic fungus.  Not a self help group, or a way to better your life.
You may use the fungus in those manners, but it's unrelated to the purpose of the site.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What future upgrades to this site are happening? [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #3820438 - 02/22/05 11:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This site, my brother and friend, is supposed to be primarily in existence to educate humanity about Psilocybe Mushrooms (and therefore represent these mushrooms as people who actually know a lot about them).

It is my experience that those who truly befriend the genus Psilocybe become enlightened to new data.

OTD is not enlightenment. It is social incoherency at best. No offense is intended here so pls understand me.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #3820677 - 02/23/05 12:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ignoring the social aspects of mushroom experience would be a mistake.

You might not see the value of an off-topic discussion group, and thus mistake it's freewheeling style as incoherent babble.

I would suggest you take some time to experience and appreciate the site as it is before suggesting changes.

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #3820773 - 02/23/05 01:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Enter said:
This site, my brother and friend, is supposed to be primarily in existence to educate humanity about Psilocybe Mushrooms (and therefore represent these mushrooms as people who actually know a lot about them).

It is my experience that those who truly befriend the genus Psilocybe become enlightened to new data.

OTD is not enlightenment. It is social incoherency at best. No offense is intended here so pls understand me.

Oh for the love of god.  Just don't go into OTD if you don't like.  It has absolutely no influence on the cult forums, or the ethnogarden forum.  Good Christ.  If this site has a politics forum or a spirituality forum, you better goddamn well have an OTD.  We can't help that the "Serious" forums (non-cult) here are full of shit but you're not talking about that.  Jesus.  That position is so wrong-headed it's unreal.  Why don't you go read the Bible literally and come back with some other inane bullshit.  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3820808 - 02/23/05 01:40 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I hate to seemingly constantly harp and bring open source and free software into focus, but to me, aside from simply being free, they follow the "psychedelic spirit", if that makes any sense to anyone.

Quote:

Enter said:
Actually, my good friend, I've recommended these items:

1. An MP3 library of audio clips
    a. interviews without copyright or by permission(s)
    b. shroomery radio broadcast recordings when no music is involved

Please please please not MP3!!!  It is not an open format, and while I am perfectly able to play mp3 on my open operating system, I don't have to like it or advocate it.

Quote:

2. An WMA library of video clips
    a. grow logs recorded via camera like the one's Ryche Hawk did of P. Cyanascens outdoors
    b. interviews of important people in the fungi world
    c. conferences or clips of conferences

Please not WMA!?!  This is worse than mp3 because it's a Microsoft proprietary format - can you say DRM?  I am also perfectly able to play WMA on my free operating system, but I abhor it.

Quote:

3. A PDF-downloadable, organized "nice to the eyes" library.
    a. Entheogen and fungi-related books
    b. Entheogen and fungi-related articles
    c. Your best indoor Grow TEKs, your best outdoor Grow TEKs, advanced skills articles, your best hunting guides, text-recorded interviews, etc. We could even make one month's worth of news available in PDF format at the end of each month. For inspiration, the Psychedelic Library website has entire books available.

Please not PDF!  It, too, is a proprietary format owned by Adobe.  Again, I can use it on my free operating system, but I'd like to not perpetuate it.

Quote:

5. Changing the name of the browser window
    a. This will increase security for your users
    b. Potentially, this could welcome a few extra people who get too paranoid

At best an option, but *really* this should be left up to the CLIENT.  Get a better browser.  For instance, stop using Internet Explorer and start using Firefox, which is freesoftware, and you can easily effect this now if you are paranoid.

Quote:

6. Allow vendors to advertise only to those with a valid user id and password to this site. This will also reduce paranoia and increase security. Your site currently hides the ODD forum to non-members but allows advertising to anyone.

The only advertising tweak that I want to see is ability to NOT get flash advertisements, because, flash is a proprietary system owned by macromedia.  Yet again, I can play flash files if I wish on my free operating system, but in this case, I flat out refuse - so I don't see the advertisement anyway :wink:

Quote:

9. A translator option so people can choose their language when they login or make it a permanent setting. I realize this would be tough to pull off but someone somewhere must be working on a program for this.

Client side possibilities come to mind.

Quote:

10. A balance between males and females. This site is very, very, very male dominant.

:lol: :rotfl: And how do you expect them to effect this?  Most forums on the internet are male dominant.  That's just the way it is.

Quote:

11. More forums (actually more subforums) based on what the community appears to be asking for. Tons of people seem to be smiling about a "Dream Forum."

There is a such thing as TOO many sub forums...  Ever been to hipforums?  I have run and been on many forums in my time, trust me, there is a balancing act and the shroomery seems to have it pretty well.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What future upgrades to this site are happening? [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #3823904 - 02/23/05 06:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I would suggest you take some time to experience and appreciate the site as it is before suggesting changes.

I do appreciate this site, otherwise how else would I visit as often as I do? Look how many years I've been here in comparison to the majority of folks on this site.

I honestly have to ask:
How do you think OTD represents a Sacred Food to those who are trying to learn about mushrooms for the first time?

Do you believe Muslims who want to learn about mushrooms and are visiting OTD are going to get a "profound sense of enlightenment and intellect"? What about Orthodox Jewish people? Christians who already can't stand swear words? The rest of the religious who can't stand pornographic pictures, swear words, talk about pubic hairs in a strange way, etc....

What about older people in their fifties or sixties who suddenly heard about mushrooms and became interested in them...Are they going to say, "Based on the forums at this site, it would appear that mushrooms attract a rather intellectual and spiritual group of kin."?

See my point?

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #3824003 - 02/23/05 06:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

who gives a shit about a profound sense of enlightenment and intellect? OTD is full of real people interacting.

real people interacting don't always fall neatly into categories.

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #3824051 - 02/23/05 07:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Enter said:
Quote:

I do appreciate this site, otherwise how else would I visit as often as I do? Look how many years I've been here in comparison to the majority of folks on this site.

I honestly have to ask:
How do you think OTD represents a Sacred Food to those who are trying to learn about mushrooms for the first time?

Do you believe Muslims who want to learn about mushrooms and are visiting OTD are going to get a "profound sense of enlightenment and intellect"? What about Orthodox Jewish people? Christians who already can't stand swear words? The rest of the religious who can't stand pornographic pictures, swear words, talk about pubic hairs in a strange way, etc....

What about older people in their fifties or sixties who suddenly heard about mushrooms and became interested in them...Are they going to say, "Based on the forums at this site, it would appear that mushrooms attract a rather intellectual and spiritual group of kin."?

See my point?

The more specific forums are filled with a lot of hot air and posters that are, for the most part, very forgettable.  I tried to post in those forums but it became clear very quickly that there was not much there.  :shrug:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies