Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
bulk question
    #3803124 -

my foaf's cousin has a 45Gal tub she wants to do bulk, the tub is 19inches deep. her question is, how deep should the bulk sub. (WBS spawned to straw and horse crap) be? also would a 1/2 inch casing layer of coir/verm/hydratedlime/oystershells be thick enuff?

finally, how far up from the bottom of tub should she drill the holes to let co2 out?

thanks!  :thumbup:


--------------------
Hi there!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bulk question [Re: yoshikuni]
    #3803283 -

6-8 inches is said to be an ideal height for bulk subs.

1/2 inch casing sounds fine to me.


I remember reading somewhere that the location of your co2 hole dosen't matter, but usually people put it an inch or 2 above the substrate.


--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: bulk question [Re: yoshikuni]
    #3803284 -

i think i read somewhere that 1/4in for every 1inch is good.


--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bulk questions xwave3000 866 6 03/27/03 03:50 PM
by z@z.com
* bulk question Killa_J 1,013 2 08/26/02 09:06 AM
by Killa_J
* I need a quick answer to a bulk question please help Anonymous 722 3 03/27/03 07:27 AM
by Anonymous
* i have bulk questions. diseased 714 1 08/05/02 07:50 AM
by badjessejames
* A bulk question and a possible new invention ChubbyCubbies 841 3 02/18/03 03:16 PM
by ChubbyCubbies
* bulk question remflack 372 2 04/17/03 02:50 AM
by resin
* Bulk Substrate question(it is not that late yet) fugu 1,073 8 02/08/03 11:29 AM
by fugu
* So i went to go get some oystershell large_dose 439 1 11/08/07 10:48 PM
by Caribou_Lou

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
454 topic views. 11 members, 343 guests and 120 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.