Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Coir, Portable Greenhouse, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineChubbyCubbies
ta -daaaaahhhhhh

Loc: A world of Pure imaginati...
A bulk question and a possible new invention
    #1313305 - 02/17/03 07:09 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

My Mexican-Chihuahua Poonjab has a small tray (about 8"x8"x2") that had two pints of colonized rye spawned about half and half to scotts 3n1 (with some verm) and the bitch ate the fucker up

It colonized completely in about 4 days and was shocked in a cold closet for a few hours then put into the fruiting chamber and given light/mistings a couple times of day

It has now been in the chamber for 5 or 6 days and he's still not getting any pins and the top of the tray looks half unhealthy and half healthy- like the growth was so rizomorphic (sp?) that when he put it into the chamber and stalled and stopped

He is now wondering whether he should scratch up the surface and mist lightly (with clean tools to restart some growth on the top) and case with a coir/verm casing as the tray had not been cased earlier

Any suggestions?

Also- look here---> some Avon relaxation greenhouse thing- Scroll To Bottom of Page
would be cool to stick a mini casing in there and clap your hands whenever needed for humidity
very impressive table piece for friends too!

--------------------
who shit in your cornflakes?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFick_Duck
Truffle Shuffle
Male

Loc: The Hamburger Train
Re: A bulk question and a possible new invention [Re: ChubbyCubbies]
    #1313581 - 02/17/03 09:50 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

dont scratch it! a cold shock of just a few hours may not have done any thing. do you have a casing layer? usually it takes at least a week after colinization to see pins, so like maynard says, BE PATIENT. it sounds like the unhealthy parts you talk about are bare mycellium that got wet and are now dead right? thats why my friend always cases as soon as the shits colonized cause little drops always fall off the cieling of the chamber on your case, killing the mycellium in those spots.
or maybe your poop was expsed to radiation from the space shuttle columbia, thus rendering your shrooms gigantic.(fingers crossed)
hope this helps

--------------------
"To know life you must fuck it in the liver." -Dr. Frankenstein, Andy Warhols Frankenstein

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: A bulk question and a possible new invention [Re: Fick_Duck]
    #1314647 - 02/17/03 04:56 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

watre droplets don't kill mycelium. stall maybe, assist in contam definitely, kill nope.

OfflineChubbyCubbies
ta -daaaaahhhhhh

Loc: A world of Pure imaginati...
Re: A bulk question and a possible new invention [Re: debianlinux]
    #1317021 - 02/18/03 03:16 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

ok
Jabby informed me that there are a few pins forming already
Ive been commanded to update and will put forth the effort of pictures if it turns out to be worth it

He assumes that after a few have grown and a casing layer is added a more abundant flush will follow

--------------------
who shit in your cornflakes?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Coir, Portable Greenhouse, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation