Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebent
bent1

Loc: ny
Cloning Method?
    #3755556 - 02/09/05 10:40 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

What is going to be the easiest, most fool proof way to clone a mushroom. I need to get an isolate so next time all my pins will be more friendly with each other and will hopefuly popup at the same time. I am willing to buy a flowhood if someone could direct me to where I could find a nice one for under 300 dollars. But can someone help me out and tell me which method I would have the best chance of succeeding in. Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Cloning Method? [Re: bent]
    #3755606 - 02/09/05 10:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Get copy of TMC , learn the basics of working with agar , then learn cloning. I mean you could just go straight to cloning , but is good idea to learn all the basics first IMHO .
But basically you split mushies open , harvest small triangular section of inner flesh , and place on petri with fave agar mixture . Of course do all this as clean as possible , under a hood or in gb if into all them toys and tools.

To find or buy a FH go to ebay , do google search for companies to check out, build one lots of ways to obtain those.

GL

Hey its the dick pump bong ! :wink:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineSoK
pimpin sincebeen pimpinsince beenpimpin since..

Loc: ohio river valley
Re: Cloning Method? [Re: tripndicular]
    #3755827 - 02/09/05 11:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

for a few of my wbs jars, i just threw a mushroom in a very clean blender, chopped it up w/ distilled water in it, sucked it up in a syringe and noc'd, worked perfect :smile:

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: Cloning Method? [Re: tripndicular]
    #3755851 - 02/09/05 12:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
Get copy of TMC , learn the basics of working with agar , then learn cloning. I mean you could just go straight to cloning , but is good idea to learn all the basics first IMHO .
But basically you split mushies open , harvest small triangular section of inner flesh , and place on petri with fave agar mixture . Of course do all this as clean as possible , under a hood or in gb if into all them toys and tools.

To find or buy a FH go to ebay , do google search for companies to check out, build one lots of ways to obtain those.

Good advice.

Although you will see lots of talk of Karo and other liquid mediums, keep in mind that it only develops what you put into it. If you are going for substrain isolations, you need to be able to sector...and that is done on agar. However, once you have sectored out a strain, you can cheaply reproduce that strain in a liquid culture such as Karo water, and use that for future knock ups.

G'Luck. IMHO, growing mushrooms is fun. Getting fruits from science is bad ass.

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

OfflineAnjing
journeyman

Re: Cloning Method? [Re: ADoobie]
    #3756092 - 02/09/05 01:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

So are you just cloning the rhizo and not the mushroom? Hmmm, I wasn't aware of that... What about a good rhizo string from a grain jar? Would that work if you just put it in some karo juice?

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Cloning Method? [Re: Anjing]
    #3756217 - 02/09/05 01:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't understand why anyone would want to piss around with cloning when you can just make a spore print or go straight into water for a syringe or karo.

:confused:

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: Cloning Method? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3756602 - 02/09/05 03:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kronnyQ said:
I don't understand why anyone would want to piss around with cloning when you can just make a spore print or go straight into water for a syringe or karo.

:confused:

Read his first post. Cloning will make his pinset come in all at the same time. His shrooms will be all around the same size, and will grow together better.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

#3756679 - 02/09/05 03:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Check out the cardboard cloning tek. ATWAR did a good job of laying it out with pics and a good step by step tutorial. It is about as easy as it gets IMHO. cardboard cloning tekhere-->

Cloning,for those of you wondering why it is worth the bit of extra effort,is a means of selecting the strongest substrain of the many many which colonize a particular substrate once it has been started via multispore injection. The largest shrooms which grow with the most vigor have adapted well to the particular growth parameters that you have provided.-- substrate,temp,humidity,light,etc. If you isolate the dna of that substrate through cloning you will ,in theory,have much better success with you future cultivation attempts provided you keep the environmental parameters as close to the origional grow as possible.

Hope this helps!

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Cloning Method? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3756685 - 02/09/05 03:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Kronny I understand what you mean. Ive also cloned a mushroom. Just to check if I was able to.
But am also wondering, hey buncha freaks aint ya happy with the mushrooms as they are? Why all the manipulating etc... Take the mas the ycome. But in that case why grow inside etc etc

But I dont think Im gonna clone alot. In Holland they now wanna clone cats in  a way so that people who are allergic to cats can have this cloned cats without allergic reaction.

Over the limit imho. And of topic... :wink:

MF

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3756692 - 02/09/05 03:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If ya have the toys:
Make up a liquid culture solution of 2 tablespoons each light dry malt & dry dextrose (think home brew beer store)to quart of distilled water.

PC 20 minutes in SS blender @ 15 psi & PC quart jar with filter lid too (same time).

Cut inner chunk, dip in peroxide for a minute or 2, drop chunk in blender (think G/B).

Blend well, again in G/B, pour into sterile quart jar, with rubber tubing polyfil filters.

End up with cloned liquid culture that grows & grows.

LC is FAST..........mark my words.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Re: Cloning Method? [Re: Mykey]
    #3756700 - 02/09/05 03:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

it comes down to one thing, greed, more more, ego.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Cloning Method? [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3756821 - 02/09/05 03:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

He who dies with the most toys.Wins.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

#3756902 - 02/09/05 04:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe he aint that happy cause he could have died with even more toys... :wink:

--------------------

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Cloning Method? [Re: Mykey]
    #3757094 - 02/09/05 04:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mykey said:

Cloning,for those of you wondering why it is worth the bit of extra effort,is a means of selecting the strongest substrain of the many many which colonize a particular substrate once it has been started via multispore injection. The largest shrooms which grow with the most vigor have adapted well to the particular growth parameters that you have provided.-- substrate,temp,humidity,light,etc. If you isolate the dna of that substrate through cloning you will ,in theory,have much better success with you future cultivation attempts provided you keep the environmental parameters as close to the origional grow as possible.

Hope this helps!

Ahhh now I understand perfectly. It's like Euthanizing the freaks and handicaps and making copies of the best (e.g. Jengo Fett).

Edited by kronnyQ (02/09/05 04:42 PM)

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
    #3757560 - 02/09/05 05:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MushroomFriend said:

Alright dude honestly. If you are making a joke it's all good in the hood.

If you aren't joking though, whats up? You went from stating your preference to go with multi-spore innoculations, to assuming that anyone who messes with substrain isolations (including myself) is greedy, and has one thing on their mind "more more".

You are right, it is an ego thing. I like to be able to play with science without a $20,000 lab, and be able to see the results. When I see through my hard work that visible differences can be noted, your right my ego takes a stroke....shit it gets itself off two hands at a time.

On the note of being happy with what we got....you assume that myself or anyone else doing substrain isolations is in it for increased blackmarket payoff - I meen, isn't that what you were hinting at - we just aren't happy enough with current yields? (yes, I note your Europe location

With your 2k+ posts, I would expect you to be far more sensitive to this issue.

I hope you were joking.

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Edited by ADoobie (02/09/05 05:29 PM)

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

#3757735 - 02/09/05 05:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Bad luck for you. My post did rather touch you.. How come? :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #3757764 - 02/09/05 05:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MushroomFriend said:

Greed? Ego? :confused:

I pick gourmet fungi in the wild and more often than not its more of a pain in the ass working with contaminated prints then it is just cloning the specimen in the first place!

You obviously know nothing about this hobby.

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

OfflineAnjing
journeyman

#3757818 - 02/09/05 06:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

What if your clone doesn't produce strong rhizomorphic growth and just colonates evenly. Is it pointless to clone from this?

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Re: Cloning Method? [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #3760569 - 02/10/05 05:38 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Wow did I hurt your feelings boy??

When cloning to increase yields pinsets etc, you are only thinking about one thing.

Penis enlargement! :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
    #3763621 - 02/10/05 06:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MushroomFriend said:
Wow did I hurt your feelings boy??

Penis enlargement! :grin:

1) No

2) So now the secret it out, suppose I have to patent it hmm?

--------------------
ADoobie said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures