Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
have any of you tried the Neimad Method?
    #13538 - 04/21/00 09:43 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

have any of you tried the Neimad Method which suggest adding the spores to the water used to mix that cakes (ie - 2/3 cup of vermiculite, 1/4 cup brown rice flower and 1/2 cup spore water solution).. this methond is suspose to be a quick Spore Germination, and does not have to have the substrate pressure cooked or steam sterlized... anybody?

*edit*
I have just noticed this is a Tek --
High Fun Guy's 10-step -=Quicky Colinization=- -- Tek
*edit*

[This message has been edited by phrozendata (edited April 21, 2000).]

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
Re: have any of you tried the Neimad Method? [Re: phrozendata]
    #13539 - 04/22/00 03:10 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

uhmm that guys obviously a dumbass.. because you have to sterilize the substrate thus KILLING the spoers in the spore water.. :shakes head:.. So don't bother trying it unless you want to waste perfectly good spores.

vivivd

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #13540 - 04/22/00 10:58 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

ovbiously you dont get it, you dont sterlize the substrate, the whole cake should be colonized in 6 to 10 days, again has anybody here used it to sucess?

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not

Invisibleneverwhere
Fenway Faithful

Loc: Boston
    #13541 - 04/27/00 10:17 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

obviously vivid is right.....wouldnt not sterilizing the substrate bring on the contams?? phrozen, where did u find this? are you going to try it? (sorry to bring up an old post i was reading up on mycelium and saw this)

--------------------
"The United States is nation of laws; badly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

"If the police ever come knocking, I'm hiding my lava lamp before I hide my piece"-elsd

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #13542 - 04/28/00 01:00 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I found it in the Grow/Find section, dont you guys ever read? I dont think you totally understand what it is saying, you add spores to the water that you use to mix the substrate, and you do NOT sterlize the substance (this is the etchy part) because the whole cake should be colonized within 6 to 10 days, rather than just starting in 6 to 10 days, so ovbiously the speed of the growth is going to help the fight againsts contams. I have never tried this, and was asking if any of you have, because like I said, and like you are asking, not sterlizing the substrate is risky, but if the cake is colonized in 6 to 10 days it doesnt not have a huge chanch to get contaminated. Anyways, you still have to somewhat sterlize the substrate, you cook the BRF and vermiculite in the oven, and mix using the low doller sterile tek. I will probably try this next time.

--------------------

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #13543 - 04/28/00 08:57 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

it does NOT work.
bacteria are far faster than spores.
you might have a slim chance of success if you used a massive amount of mycellial slurry mixed with peroxide.

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineoOjonahOo
addict
    #13544 - 04/28/00 11:27 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The idea is to PRE-sterilize everything. All the substrate materials : rice flour, vermiculite, and water. The water is boiled, cooled and innoculated, then that is used to mix the substrate in sterile conditions. It is not a given that contamination will show up, the procedure just sterilizes before mixing rather than after. Attention must be paid to sterility when mixing the substrate, rather than after pressure cooker like in other teks. There is supposedly a reduced chance of conatinants because the it will colonize so quickly.

--------------------
Ultimate Mycodirectory v4.0

Anonymous

#13545 - 05/01/00 10:36 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Let me tell you, this method does NOT work. I tried it once a year or so ago... Bad idea unless youre working completey under a HEPA flow hood or something similar.... It's just IMPOSSIBLE to acheive the level of sterility nexessary... However, look into Jaff's H202PF substrate tek... That one is basically the same only with H202 and mycelium water.. Worked AMAZINGLY for me the two times I tried it.... :-) Thanks again JafF if you ever see this!

Anonymous

#13546 - 05/01/00 11:59 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Why the hell would anybody want to try that technique when there are many other teks which are far safer than that. Why take the risk of not sterilizing? For shit's sake have some patience and let colonization happen the right way.

------------------
-`~Psilo Cyber-`~

An open mind is the key that opens the door to the land of knowledge.

*Make $60 a month at my site. Check it out.* Visit my site

Anonymous

#13547 - 05/02/00 03:45 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I think there are many "right" ways... No one way is right, and that is the fun of mycology :smile: Although, I must admit, this method does just seem WRONG.

OfflineDead Shaman
enthusiast

Loc: Unknown
    #313669 - 05/10/01 02:49 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Using the Neimad method I have acheived fully colonized 1 pint cakes in about two weeks. Worked awesome no contamination. My question is will i be able to get the cakes out of the jars. Due to not boiling the substrate in the jars the cakes did not harden or shrink. And if the cakes come out will the mycelium be enough to hold them together or will they crumble? Also I had planned on trying to grow them invetro, but is that feesible if the cakes havnt shrunk, also I didn't colonize the cakes in light, does that really matter.

"Or at least that's what the monkey told me."

InvisibleMyco-420
enthusiast

Loc: BFE
    #313900 - 05/10/01 12:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

THis is rediculous,,,,,, I have trouble keeping molds and bacterias out of my shit even when I sterilize... WHo ever wrote the tek was is some kind of class 100 clean room.

Someone should email me a bowl.

--------------------
Bong hits for Jesus

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Loc: Down the Street
    #313948 - 05/10/01 02:03 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

hmm, I get the theory behind this but it doesn't look like whoever came up with this was including all the factors... I get what its implying is that the mycelium will colonize so fast that it will be able to defend itself from the contams... but, I doubt it'd work as successfull as almost all other method out there, heh. What would make you think the contams aren't gonna grow as fast or faster than the mycelium? I recommend sticking with the pftek or something else. Even if this method might be faster the percentage of success wouldn't be worth it and in the long run it'd actually be quicker to sterilize and then innoculate for the fact that you're gonna be bringing in more shrooms this way and not losing the majority of your cakes to contams.

"Chew em up and slam the orange juice, vitamin c chase, kill the taste, you can tell its nasty by the look on my face."

--------------------
Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face.
Ralphster44 & The FSR!
All thats stated above is for humor and a lie!!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation