Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Constantinople
Fully colonized Pan. Sub. jars...
    #1656675 - 06/23/03 09:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hi!... We have fully colonized Pan. Sub.s on lollium perenne. All the teks i read were directing me to case them with just a non-nutrient layer. What i want to know is can i use any kind of poo as bulk substrate. Can it colonize on any kind of other substrate then rye grass seed? If it can, why isn't there a tek for it?
  Another concern of mine is, why the substrate used just for sclerotia producing strains has to be used. I looked around for answers but this is the question i came around after what i found...  :tongue: Can't they colonize on any other grain? The spores are really small and light, so i don't want to lose such a worthy strain... :crazy: We made 2 agars out of it and they seem to be contaminated. We made one more last night but we don't know its will.... :wink: So all we got are 6 colonized lollium perenne jars. Any advice (preferably quick ones... :smile: ) would be appreciated!  :crazy:

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: Fully colonized Pan. Sub. jars... [Re: ph_plus]
    #1656823 - 06/23/03 10:05 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Panaeolus subbalteatus will grow well on most composts and manures.

Rye grass seed certainly is not your only option. Casing them into straw would be a nice option as they can often be found naturally on rotting grass.

You could also do a grain to grain transfer to maintain a continuous cultivation cycle with them.

They mature into a beautiful reddish brown that I'm sure will be very pleasing to you.

Ainasko is my name backwards. I'm a girl!

Loc: istanbul
Re: Fully colonized Pan. Sub. jars... [Re: Ainasko]
    #1656943 - 06/23/03 10:50 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i need one with black hairs and with blue eyes like

the below was my favorite.

mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Fully colonized Pan. Sub. jars... [Re: ph_plus]
    #1657042 - 06/23/03 11:23 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You might want to look into peroxidated agar. Just drop a piece of clean colonized substrate onto plates of peroxidated agar,

Actually, it's very easy to isolate a super producing sclerotia strain.

Follow the strain isolation technique on Let's Grow Mushrooms, and then select sectors early which are brown in color.  By the second or third transfer, you'll see stones developing, and this is only about 1 month after the original swipe of spores on agar.

Now, take each stone and move it to a new dish.  Soon, the mycelium will grow out and you'll see fresh stones developing, and if they're good strains, the sclerotia is forming long before the mycelium reaches the edge of the plate.  Pick strains which form four or five stones within two weeks and use these for your grain masters. -- RR

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation