Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Need Help Identifying
    #375183 - 08/20/01 04:48 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hello All, I live in delaware and recently i found a shit load of mushrooms at my work. I am curious to find out whether or not these are pyschoactive shrooms or not. I wish i could post a pic but it is not possible so i will describe them in great detail. First shroom was found in a flower bed in bunches(Meaning at leat 20 shrooms all bunched together) The stems are a dark brown about an inch long. The caps are huge about the size of a coffe cups mouth they are a light brown color and most are splitting the top to reveal a white inside. the underneath of the cap is white also. The second type of shroom was also found in a flower bed in bunches. They are alot smaller, The stems are tan about 1/2 inch long. The caps are a darker brown the bigger ones a lighter color. some have a dark spot right in the middle of the caps. Underneath the caps aretan as well. the caps are the size of a quarter to a fifty cent peice. Please if any can identify these please let me know. I understand its difficult to do without a pic but do your best. Also how does one do a spore print, and what am i looking for when i do it
Thanks Fellow tripper

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: Oregon
Re: Need Help Identifying [Re: Grog]
    #375439 - 08/21/01 01:50 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Highly unlikedly they are anything psychoactive. MANY species of mushrooms grow in dense clusters. From your limited description, the big ones MIGHT be Armilleria mellea ("Honey Mushrooms") and the smaller ones MIGHT be some species of Pholiota. Can't guess any better without photo or more detailed description.

To take a sporeprint, cut the stalk off with scissors right where it joins the cap. Lay the cap gill side down on a piece of white paper, then set an upside-down cup over it to protect from stray air currents. Let sit several hours. When you remove the cap, a print of the gills will be left on the paper which shows the spore color. If there is no visible print, the spores may be white--try again with a fresh cap on black paper.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification