Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleFat_Albert
Stranger

Auditory Hallucinations
    #3751110 - 02/08/05 03:28 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

After a deep mediation session, I started thinking about a song. The room I was in was completely quiet and after only a few moments I could hear the song. And it wasn't like I was just thinking of the song, I could physically hear it, and it was at amazing quality of sound. For lack of a better phrase, it was almost as if i had become a part of the music. After I "played" the song in my head, i tryed it with several other songs. Some worked, some didn't. The ones that worked were songs that I have heard more. I kept this up for nearly 20 minutes before it became too mentally draining for me to continue.

Is this just a matter of mind over matter, or should i look into some possible mental illness traits?

--------------------
HEY! HEY! HEY!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFat_Albert
Stranger

Re: Auditory Hallucinations [Re: Fat_Albert]
    #3751149 - 02/08/05 03:39 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.carlzimmer.com/articles/2004/articles_2004_Music.html

This is probably the closest thing accurately describes what i've experianced.

--------------------
HEY! HEY! HEY!

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Auditory Hallucinations [Re: Fat_Albert]
    #3751379 - 02/08/05 05:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Since you sound to have exerted a bit of control over it perhaps you were just accessing a normal unused portion of the brain.Of course any number of things could have caused it.

Being more than half deaf in one ear due to injury and Im also going deaf slowly in both ears over the years.I can relate in way in that I often hear very loud tones,ringing sounds or buzzing which can last half the day or more or as little as few minutes.During which I hear tones that arent there.They often range from talking to level to sounding like theyre being blasted from a megaphone in my ear.Although I can control it at all.I guess my point is that sometimes there are normal explanations for odd things.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being