Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
huge grow area
    #368065 - 08/07/01 08:10 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i am about to inoculate at least one hunderd jars. i have a room in my house that is now dedicated to growing. it measures ten by fifteen ft. i m new at this and dont' know what to make the terrarium or gerrarium or whatever its'called out of. any suggestions would be great.

kill yourself

i'm fred
kill yourself

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: huge grow area [Re: fredhedd]
    #368075 - 08/07/01 09:12 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You are about to innoculate 100 jars but have no plan as to what to do next?

You better plan things out better!

You will find it is easier and cheaper to control the small enviroments inside several aquariums rather than an entire room.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
email: getspores@sporelab.com

old hand
Loc: A shitty town in Western ...
    #368108 - 08/07/01 11:38 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The good news is that you have at least 4-6 weeks before you really need to worry about this from the time of inoculation. Don't try to have one big terrarium for fruiting; you're better off with several smaller ones because there's less of a chance of loosing ALL your cakes to contaminates as opposed to one terrarium out of 10 (or whatever you have) and like somebody else said it's easier to control the environment that way. I've seen humidifiers designed to keep an entire room of mushrooms growing; an actual piece of equipment designed for commercial (non hallucinogenic) mushroom growing. But they're kind of expensive and you have to really know what your doing.
My advise would be to buy several Rubbermaid containers or some plexi glass at the hardware store and make your own. It's hard to say how much space your going to need because I'm still pretty much a beginner when it comes to growing shrooms. But it's going to make a difference if you case or not. If you don't case your going to need more room than if you did. If you know what your doing I would recommend casing. It's a lot easier in the long run to case than have to devote a ton of time making sure you have the humidity just right; plus when you case you generally get more finished product.

"Worry bout yours cuz I'mma get mine..."
J.C. from N'Sync

"Worry bout yours cuz I'mma get mine..."
J.C. from N'Sync

User Gallery

Loc: Down these mean city stre...
    #368146 - 08/07/01 01:34 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

If you do not have much experience and dont even know how your going to fruit these cakes I would start out with something alittle smaller, say....50 jars...lol
I would think innoculating 100, 50 jars would get cumbersome, tiring and when that happens WATCHOUT for that sneaky little fuck Mr. Contam. Save yourself alotta dissapointment start off with 12, 24 jars tops and learn to case properly then go on from there. Im pretty sure there are bulk substrate teks that might be alittle easier than doing 100 jars.

Tell me something good then I might agree with you..

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

"There is a wealth of information built into us, tucked away in the genetic material in every one of our cells. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you....the Smithereens

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation