Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
Getting ready to finally grow
    #1056183 - 11/15/02 03:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

what exactly needs to get cleaned for when i start making the brf jars? do i need to clean the entire room i work in? does the bowl tha the verm and brf and water goes in need to be sterile? does the measuring cups need to be sterile also? hmm i should wear a mask and gloves right?

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: Getting ready to finally grow [Re: shroomizzy]
    #1056184 - 11/15/02 03:14 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

everything. if you slack now, you may end up with nothing. just put in the extra effort to make sure everything is clean, and it'll pay off.

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1056219 - 11/15/02 03:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

As you're preparing your jars, sterility isn't a huge concern, IMO, since you'll be sterilizing your jars afterwards. However, good sterile procedures should become a habit, second nature if you will. I'd say get in the habit early of being very conscientious about cleanliness and clean work habits. It will pay off big later on.
I spray lysol all about in my work area (kitchen), and wipe down all surfaces with alcohol. When inoculating, I do this, plus wear gloves and a face mask, clean clothes, etc. Being very anal about cleanliness can only help, in my opinion.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

OfflineTRIPPYCHIK
PUPPET SLAVE
Loc: PUPPETVILLE
    #1056422 - 11/15/02 04:49 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Absolutely everything needs to be cleaned. All utensils should be wiped with alcohol prior to mixing. You can use tap or distilled water. Its gonna be sterilized anyway.

Wear mask and gloves when innoculation jars. Take a shower and make sure your finger nails are cut short and drench your grow area with lysol. Believe it or not, taking these extra precautions goes a long way.

Also, be exact on your measurements at first. Take notes on the formulas you used and experiment after you have succeeded. <(spelling)

--------------------
"SO FUCKIN WHAT IF IM A PUPPET SLAVE"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds