Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefrootloop
journeyman
Loc: Detroit, MI
Phalaris Arundinacea
    #349904 - 06/27/01 09:08 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hi guys. Wondering what your experiences are with growing, smoking, extracting Phalaris Arundinacea.... I have too little troughs with sprouts right now just waiting till they get bigger too harvest. Also if anyone knows, are the seeds psychoactive at all (out of curiousity, I like to get to know my plants on a personal level before ingesting them).

"Mental illness is the road to freedom"- PigFace

Here little Fungi I won't hurt you....

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Phalaris Arundinacea [Re: frootloop]
    #349908 - 06/27/01 09:16 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Phalaris Grasses don't work well for extracting, as they are quite low in concentration of DMT and 5-MEO-DMT. They also cannot really be smoked becuse of this. You're best off using them in an ayahusaca brew, combined with a MAOI.

Be sure to stress the plants before using them, as this will significantly increase their potency.

As to whether the seeds are psychoactive, I'm not sure about that, but I've never heard of them being used.

OfflineNeonBlack
enthusiast
    #349939 - 06/27/01 10:11 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

The best way to increase potency with phalaris is to keep it in a constant state of regrowth.. That stresses the plant nicely and improves the potency.. You will need a fair amount of the grass to extract from but don't let that discourage you. It's certainly not hard to grow.. I bet if you let a few of those plants go to seed then you would never be able to get it out of your yard.. It is an invasive species. Smoking the grass won't produce any affect but smoking an extraction will. Just do a crude extraction with acetone or isopropyl alcohol and then clean it up with some naptha (zippo fluid)..

Offlinenarc monkey
old hand
Loc: Canada
    #350257 - 06/27/01 05:41 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

well i'm in the middle of an extraction right now. i just don't have the time to complete it. The only real problem i've had so far is finding a pot that will fit over 100g of grass. I pulverized it, but a few 100gs of grass still takes up quite a bit of space. I was thinking of gettin together 4 or 5 kilos of grass and then throwing it all in an oil barrel or something and boiling the hell out of it over a fire pit.

Offlinefrootloop
journeyman
Loc: Detroit, MI
Re: Phalaris Arundinacea [Re: narc monkey]
    #350624 - 06/28/01 08:22 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Well I have 2 36 inch little gardening troughs or whatever they're called so I cam expecting quite alot. I already have over 50 sprouts going... I got the seeds dirt cheap and since I'm beyond poor I couldn't afford to get anything with a higher DMT concentration. Phalaris Arundinacea contains 5medmt,dmt, and gramine from my research but yes in small amounts so I'm going to try to extract a shit load of it because I have a lot of interested peoples who if they like it will pay me to grow it for them.

--------------------

OfflinePhyl
old hand
    #350639 - 06/28/01 08:51 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Phalaris Arundinacea contains 5medmt,dmt, and gramine from my research
I believe it also contains NMT and 5-MEO-NMT, but I could be wrong about that (I'm at work and don't have references to hand)

I really would delete the last part of your post...

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Phalaris Arundinacea [Re: Phyl]
    #360495 - 07/25/01 01:16 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

ummm...
phalaris still grow on my weird garden but i did no research on it anymore until after i tried that acid/base extraction and it was completely ineffective for smoking, i tried until i reached unsmokable ammounts, then i quit. i also experimented with a friend orally, using moclobemide as maoi. i think we used 75mg each and some extract. then nothing? more extract. nothing? a lil more... nothing? nothing. i still have that yellowish powder but i dont think there's much goodies in there. i think shrooms are much more worth to grow...

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Re: Phalaris Arundinacea [Re: felixhigh]
    #360561 - 07/25/01 05:32 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Alkaloid levels vary greatly in Phalaris, and to be used effectivly it really needs to be stressed quite a lot before harvesting. Do this by growing in a tray and for 2 weeks before harvesting place it in a dark, cold environment without water.

Take care

Phil

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Phalaris Arundinacea [Re: Phyl]
    #361060 - 07/25/01 11:55 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

i took most care for doign everything right, shading, stressing over and over, i 've bought all the chems and i believe the alkaloids are there, but just too little. and its 5meo Dmt and NNDMT in phalaris. ah, some gramine and other minor compounds...
i think its more worth to try it with acacias (wattles), mimosas(hostilis, scabrella), yopo(piptadenia spp) or virola spp, if you can get it. people seem to be wealthier with their experiences. even frogs should be more worth than phalaris IMHO.

OfflineTengu
journeyman
Re: Phalaris Arundinacea [Re: felixhigh]
    #364125 - 07/31/01 12:01 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Heyo

Just wanted to say something according Phalaris - its not very fast growing. I have some plants but they are stil about 5 inch in height, and thats after about 3 months of grow. Im relative sure that their environment is nice for em but they dont want to grow :-(

I think other plants may be better for that purpose.
Does anyone have some experience with accacia maideni or any other related plant?

Tengu

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Phalaris Arundinacea [Re: Tengu]
    #365102 - 08/01/01 10:54 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

phalaris seems to grow strikingly on flooded places along roads but it can grow pretty slowly at home, specially in winter. my wookie friend doesnt tries anymore with phalaris, he thinks it's not worth the hassle. if it was easy as gathering it outdoors like shrooms he'd do, but it isnt, so he goes for the shrooms =)
p.s.: i think phalaris does better in a _flooded_ place for reasons similar to the reasons that let the fishes alive when the lake/river/flooded area freezes: its core doesnt freezes, so fishes, creatures and phalaris roots get well protected from the burning cold...

i hate wit sigs / if anything i say has something in common with reality, this is a merely a coincidence.

Offlineiudexk
Loc: UK
    #374493 - 08/19/01 09:08 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Alkaloid levels in Phalaris spp. are generally too low to bee of practical use, even with P. aquatica.

I recommend:
Psychotria viridis (DMT)
Diplopterys cabrerana (5-MeO-DMT)

http://www.magickherbs.co.uk/

--------------------
http://www.magickherbs.co.uk/

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds