Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNirvhead
-State of Art-

Loc: WA State, USA
Amazing Yopo
    #3629085 - 01/14/05 03:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have tried smoking yopo seeds on two occasions in the past. The first time was over a year ago, and I botched the process and ended up with no effects. I crushed up 3 seeds 5 days ago and tried to smoke again, this time getting slight pleasant effects. Then yesterday I checked my pipe and found out that the yopo powder had actually only burned about 10% of the way (explaining the mild trip), and had clumped together into a crumbly little ball. So... I decided to take the conveniently-packed remnants and make a suppository out of it.

At 9:00, I steeped a small amount of Syrian rue for 45 minutes in a small amount of water and drank it. At about 11:00, I decided to administer the suppository, as I could feel the effects of the rue fairly well. It took about 30 minutes for the yopo to hit me, but when it did I disappeared into a strange, somewhat uncomfortable, but ultimately enjoyable experience including fractal visions, consciousness-expansion, and other divine feelings and experiences. What I found amazing though, is that the peak lasted a full 5 hours. It fluctuated up and down to a degree, but seriously didn't taper off until about 6:00 am. Now, I did vomit quite extensively during the early part of the trip, but I'm not sure if that was due to a MAOI interaction with food I ate earlier, the MAOI itself, or simply bufotenine fucking with me. I've never had problems stomaching rue before, so I assume one of the other two reasons, or a combination.

In any case, I thought I would share my experience, as I have not read of anybody tripping 5 hours off of 3 yopo seeds before. So if you don't mind using suppositories and are interested in yopo, you may want to give this a try.

--------------------
Like a fiend in a cloud
With howling woe,
After night I do croud
And with night will go;
I turn my back to the east,
From whence comforts have increas'd;
For light doth seize my brain
With frantic pain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: Amazing Yopo [Re: Nirvhead]
    #3629498 - 01/14/05 06:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Whoah, I will definately try that.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

OfflineBrady
randomizer
Loc: on a damn island , FL
Re: Amazing Yopo [Re: schmutzen]
    #3629942 - 01/15/05 01:25 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

holy crap you stuck yopo in your ass??? dude you know how much that hurts in your nose?.. that cant be right for your ass...

--------------------
I love to trade , trade with me!

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
Re: Amazing Yopo [Re: Brady]
    #3629961 - 01/15/05 01:37 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So are you saying this was a good experience? And you're recommending it to others? Hahaha..

So lets recap.
I agree with Brady, he yopo suppository must have burned your ass.. Then you vomited quite extensively, and explain the physical sensation as "somewhat uncomfortable". I hope the visuals and the rest of the experience made up for it.

I've snorted the seeds and I wouldn't describe the experience as enjoyable, and I certainly wouldn't want it to last 5 hours, but maybe thats just me.

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Re: Amazing Yopo [Re: Frappy]
    #3630059 - 01/15/05 02:44 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So three seeds of yopo with some maoi? Interesting though I would think you'd still have the same intensity but less duration if you took it orally. I'm probably wrong on that though. Time to experiment with yopo!

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3630778 - 01/15/05 11:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

amazing report, thanks a lot for sharing!
brave deed.

FH

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Amazing Yopo [Re: felixhigh]
    #3631124 - 01/15/05 12:48 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, people take nutmeg which is the crappiest high you can imagine. People use dxm which is fairly crappy. Compared to that, yopo seeds are Not too bad. Using syrian rue with it is a good idea and that's why he had a good trip off of only 3 yopo seeds. I have a bunch of yopo seeds and some rue. I should try some this weekend, maybe I will

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Amazing Yopo [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3631163 - 01/15/05 01:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I wonder what the amazonian Indians would think of this..

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #3631940 - 01/15/05 04:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So did you just lube it up and pop it in?

I think I'll put mine in gel cap first.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Amazing Yopo [Re: schmutzen]
    #3632649 - 01/15/05 07:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting...I can honestly say it never would've crossed my mind administer it in that way. Might be worth a shot....maybe.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

OfflineNirvhead
-State of Art-

Re: Amazing Yopo [Re: Frappy]
    #3634052 - 01/16/05 02:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Frappy said:
So are you saying this was a good experience?  And you're recommending it to others?  Hahaha..

So lets recap.
I agree with Brady, he yopo suppository must have burned your ass.. Then you vomited quite extensively, and explain the physical sensation as "somewhat uncomfortable".  I hope the visuals and the rest of the experience made up for it.

I've snorted the seeds and I wouldn't describe the experience as enjoyable, and I certainly wouldn't want it to last 5 hours, but maybe thats just me.

Surprisingly, the yopo didn't burn at all until later evacuation (shitting), and then only slightly (not painful by any means). As for the vomiting, my unauthoritative opinion is that I experienced some hypertensive activity (due to poor food choices beforehand - I would recommend fasting before trying yopo with or without a MAOI). The uncomfortable sensation, aside from the nausea, was very strange. As I began to get more visuals, I found it almost impossible to keep my eyes open. Not because my eyelids were heavy, but because when I opened them my brain reacted as if the light was too bright, though without any eye pain (the room was dimly lit).

Regarding the visuals - I experienced very nice CEV's, which were better by a degree of magnitude when I turned my face toward a light source. The open-eye visuals had a strange aspect to them as well. At times, when I opened my eyes, my vision would go very blurry, and if I did not attempt to focus my eyes (not hard to do in this state by the way), the visuals and mindfuck would increase.

Note on the 5-hour duration, and whether this is actually desirable: Considering the nature of yopo, some may find a 5-hour trip overwhelming and unbearable, and I certainly would not recommend this for a casual drug user. When I made the original post, I did not bother to make any disclaimers or give any warnings, as I assume only a responsible person aware of the details of yopo would pursue using it in this manner. Of course, I'm sure that isn't completely true, so let me make it clear: Yopo up the ass can destroy you. You DON'T want to try it! If you are a) 15 years old, b) borderline-schizophrenic, c) ignorant about bufotenin, DMT, or 5-MeO-DMT, or d) not fully-committed to the rearrangement of your soul; DO NOT even reside in the same room with a yopo seed.  :laugh:

--------------------
Like a fiend in a cloud
With howling woe,
After night I do croud
And with night will go;
With frantic pain.

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Amazing Yopo [Re: Legoulash]
    #3634812 - 01/16/05 11:57 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Rah said:
I wonder what the amazonian Indians would think of this..

i believe they already know it. =)
i wonder what the pope would think of it...

FH :tongue2:

OfflineRainbowDrops
Technicolormindsets &prismed sweatbeads
Female

Loc: Florida
    #3639214 - 01/17/05 01:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

a) 15 years old, b) borderline-schizophrenic, c) ignorant about bufotenin, DMT, or 5-MeO-DMT, or d) not fully-committed to the rearrangement of your soul

or d) have problems sticking things up your ass

--------------------
mmmm, spacecake

OfflineNirvhead
-State of Art-

Re: Amazing Yopo [Re: RainbowDrops]
    #3640228 - 01/17/05 05:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, but I was talking about yopo in general. Your route of administration is your own business.

--------------------
Like a fiend in a cloud
With howling woe,
After night I do croud
And with night will go;
With frantic pain.

InvisibleSomaism
The Outlaw
 User Gallery

Loc: Illusion
    #3642032 - 01/18/05 01:57 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Do not forget the syrian rue magic.

It had a main part in the entheogenesis.

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
ShamanicAlchemist InTraining
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Euphoria
Re: Amazing Yopo [Re: Somaism]
    #4202343 - 05/21/05 03:00 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yopo is something else! I had some as a gift from Shaman's Palace in my order, I peeled off the shell of the seeds(4) and cut them up with scissors, then I smoked the harsh smoke that it is, I only finished maybe half of it and I had to stop and go lay down, wow was that intense! The onset is very unpleasant and scary feeling, you just have to soldier though it and after about 3-5 min it's great. Everything was vibrating, closing my eyes I saw colors that formed shapes, I think I saw a pot plant and a few other plants, it's kind of a blur because at some point a fell asleep. When I woke up it had been one hour since smoking, I can now either finish the rest of it or scrape it out and save it for later... hmmmm....

Yopo must be one of the most potent sources of DMT out there! 4 tiny seeds, and I didn't even finish the bowl... WOW!

Oh, I'll also have to add that I had 3 beers about an hour before, if that had any effect on my trip.

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds