Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemaria420
journeygirl
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest, USA
Question on Hip's Bulk Tek
    #352645 - 07/01/01 08:22 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Any of you have experience with Hip's Tek?

The Tek says to shake the bag after the mycelium begins, usually after 7 or so days, to spread the spores around. I read a post a while back that said substrate had to be loose (not solid) for the mycelium to grow so I shook the bag on day #2. What will happen to the spores I inoculated with? Will the mycelium grow?

Also - for those that have tried Hip's Tek - are contams as likely as others have said? Anyone have a ratio or a percentage rate of success?

Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.

Support the FSR!

--------------------

Support the FSR!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Question on Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: maria420]
    #352721 - 07/01/01 10:29 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

hi there
i've already used it with a decent ratio of success. however if your place is too hot, dusty or moldy, i would suggest you to use the jars, they're safer in my opinion. actually, ive been using bags but now im back to jars, they're much more reliable...

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #352728 - 07/01/01 10:34 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

As long as the the substrate stays moist, the spores germinate and the mycelium will grow. I've done 3 bags with this tech and all three contamed. I'm going to do a little improv with it and see if I can't get better results. That little twistie tie doesn't block contams very well. I plan on replacing it with tape and polyfill. We'll see how it goes.

I don't care about jack shit, I just wanna pick my nose!!!
------Jonny Socko

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Offlinemaria420
journeygirl
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest, USA
Re: Question on Hip's Bulk Tek [Re: felixhigh]
    #352763 - 07/01/01 11:36 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Let me give you a run down on how I have implemented the Hip's Tek... would love your feedback on this since you have done it!!

When I baked it I put one oven bag (w/ substrate) inside another oven bag. Then, when the bag cooled I put it in another oven bag. Then I put the whole thing in a rubbermaid cake container, put it in black plastic bag and it is now day #3 sitting in a dark, cool place - about 75 degrees.

I noticed when I shook it yesterday the outer bag was damp to the touch, indicating high humidity in the rubbermaid container. Is this ok? I don't want to have to add moisture to the substrate - especially since contams are so likely with this tek.

What do you think?

Support the FSR!

--------------------

Support the FSR!

Offlinehighgear
Stranger
    #352785 - 07/02/01 12:23 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I dont have much experience with this, but if you want hip to answer you personally you could go over to his board, here is the link http://mycotopia.yage.net/discus/ . He is always on it answering questions. Hope ive helped

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #353390 - 07/11/01 10:35 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

its ok if drops form in the bag with the substrate, it happens when mycelium starts growing and spreading but is still unvisible to naked eye. dont add anymore water, contams would love it. i have double bagged mine before sterilizing and after inoculation again. hope it helps.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale