Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
What's that feeling while working out?
    #3516240 -

When I'm working out my arms, I'll occassionaly feel an electric surge (or something like that). It feels like a muscle fiber is lit up for a short instant - like it was being plucked. Has anyone else experienced the same thing?  What is it?

Btw, it's not that this only happens with my arms. I just only work out my arms. Don't worry - once I join a gym I'll get my whole body. :laugh:

And also, just for the sake of conversation, do you guys like working out as much as I do? It's cool to feel blood surging through my muscles during the workout. It makes me feel really powerful. I like pushing my muscles as far as they can go... the pain only makes me want to push harder. Then, when I'm done with the set, I enjoy the euphoric after-feeling. It's the perfect drug. :grin:

The process is just as fulfilling as the results. My arms have grown alot since I started working them out a few months ago. I used to have puny twig arms. Now they actually have mass and definition. I'm hooked.

Working out = :thumbup:


--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's that feeling while working out? [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #3516348 -

It helps reduce my stress level if I lift before I go to sleep, but I read that it's best to do it one hour after breakfast.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's that feeling while working out? [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3517681 -

I've heard from medical reports that it is best to work out in the evening, around 4 o'clock. This is when your blood cells or something are at their peak temperature, thus making the strecthing/building process of muscle making more effective. Not like it matters in my cold ass gym...

Anyways hobbitcg, I agree totally.. Working out is great, and it is a very time consuming hobby that requires ALOT of devotion and energy, if you want to get real results that is. It's awesome to see yourself grow, get stronger. It affects your life in positive ways more than you think.

I felt that exact same sensation the other day when really pushing it hard on some raises (I forgot what exactly I was working) and it felt like you described: jolt like, almost electrity. It felt like my arm was going to collapse and never function again, heh. Very strange, I'd like to know what exactly this is as well.

Peace,
HD


--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's that feeling while working out? [Re: Holydiver]
    #3517695 -

Your shroomery name: Ronnie James Dio fan or literally a holy diver, or both even?


--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's that feeling while working out? [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #3517724 -

Both!  A Dio fan, and an experienced diver.  Nothing religious in my lifestyle though, just like the tune.  :grin:


--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's that feeling while working out? [Re: Holydiver]
    #3517747 -

Coolness  :cool: I saw RJD in 1990 with Yngwie Malmsteen opening, i think it was the unchain(unleash?) the wolves tour, mighty fine stuff, although most of his set was from the Last in line LP with a few black sabbath pieces thrown in(Heaven and hell, die young etc), then again in Detroit with him, Malmsteen and Doro Pesch(Warlock) all on the same bill back in 2000 :smile:


--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's that feeling while working out? [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #3518705 -

working out in the evenings keeps me up at night. it gets me kinda wired. anyway the onyl thing i ever felt that probably isnt the same is pulling somthing. not a huge pain but more of a shock and/or intense fast vibrating or somthing in a very restriceted area.


--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's that feeling while working out? [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #3519168 -

I know the electric feeling you describe, but I can't say what it is.
hobbitcg said:
And also, just for the sake of conversation, do you guys like working out as much as I do?



I love working out. It kills tension and helps keep me motivated. Sometimes when I do aerobic exercise I even feel almost like I'm tripping. It is very nice.


--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's that feeling while working out? [Re: z@z.com]
    #3520257 -

Working out rocks. Endorphines, can't beat 'em!


--------------------
LURK

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's that feeling while working out? [Re: Loosifa]
    #3521022 -

That electrical feeling?  I just came back from working out at the YMCA about 30 minutes ago and I must say that I feel that feeling in my arms frequently.  When performing a leg exercise, I even got this sensation in my arms!  I'm not 100% sure, but my guess would be that a nerve is being pinched somewhere by the expansion of your muscles.

I like the feeling too.  :grin:


--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Feeling Shitty About Life DellComputers 1,433 5 09/20/03 01:30 AM
by Strumpling
* No longer need drugs to feel good
( 1 2 all )
silversoul7 5,800 29 05/06/03 11:40 PM
by tak_old
* Telling a girl how I feel... forevadazin 2,939 8 04/12/03 05:16 PM
by forevadazin
* Feel Like Dieing. ShadowsEnd 2,206 12 08/15/03 09:04 AM
by ZenBhikku
* those feelings of regret phishytrip 1,326 2 03/26/03 02:18 AM
by Sheepish
* Post deleted by Moe Howard bigidiot 1,670 7 03/06/03 10:21 PM
by enotake2
* self-defeating thoughts MrBump 2,615 5 03/04/03 11:09 AM
by Zero7a1
* developing a stronger upper body.. your own experiences Toddo 1,525 8 06/23/06 11:27 AM
by entiformatie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
929 topic views. 1 members, 13 guests and 8 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.