Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

splitting S&P
    #3509692 - 12/16/04 04:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i think it would be good if things went like this:

split "spirituality and philosophy".

split "science and technology".

combine science and philosophy into a new forum. now there are three. "sprituality and religion", "philosophy and science", and "technology".

what say you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: splitting S&P [Re: ]
    #3509771 - 12/16/04 04:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Philosophy and spirituality have been entwined since humanity started trying to figure out what the hell was going on.
They are necessary, albiet sometimes antithetical, complements.

Leave it alone.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: splitting S&P [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #3509844 - 12/16/04 04:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Randolph Carter said:
Philosophy and spirituality have been entwined since humanity started trying to figure out what the hell was going on.
They are necessary, albiet sometimes antithetical, complements.

Leave it alone.

I agree  :thumbup:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
Re: splitting S&P [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #3509936 - 12/16/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Randolph Carter said:
Leave it alone.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: splitting S&P [Re: ]
    #3510313 - 12/16/04 06:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Like others have said, I think that Spirituality and Philosophy are too closely intertwined to be two separate forums. HOWEVER, it would be nice if the sensitive people who can't take the heat of rational debate could have their own forum. Kinda like how they created the Pub for people who found OTD offensive.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: splitting S&P [Re: silversoul7]
    #3510336 - 12/16/04 06:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You know what dude ? It is your attitude and others like it that really contributes to everything................... Nice job for making damn sure a huge part of this community continue to stay out of S and P :sad: Maybe your attidude needs a change :thumbup: Maybe it is in fact people like you that have caused all of this :wink:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: splitting S&P [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3510470 - 12/16/04 06:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Or maybe people like you need to learn to not take it so personally when people bring up rational arguments.

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3510494 - 12/16/04 07:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

That never happened dude not even one time

And in fact Logic and rational arguments are a beliefe system and a good way to explain away stuff you can't see or understand.

There needs to be space for unseen beliefes in S and P. That is the entire problem. The Gang in S and P will not give any room for this. :sad: 

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#3510504 - 12/16/04 07:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If you say so :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3510512 - 12/16/04 07:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:

See what I am talking about ? You just grab on to your own reality of what is going on and sit on it like a old lady in her rocking chair :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3510523 - 12/16/04 07:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:

I did take a gross and disgusting personal attack personal and that may have been a mistake. But never once have I taken any " Debate " personal

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #3510524 - 12/16/04 07:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I think that Spirituality and Philosophy are too closely intertwined to be two separate forums.

This option is a set of subforums, not separate forums. The most probable name for the main forum could be Science Spirituality and Philosophy. Bringing Science to S&P is not a new thing and it has been done already. At the time it didn't work properly, mainly because the older framework (without subforums) was not suitable for having a proper debate with both topics so closely on the mix. It looks like the nature of this reason - for breaking Science from S&P at that time - is now becoming a much valid aspect for a solution after this new situation (or drama if you want to call it).
The idea behind the subforums is to clearly distinguish what is a philosophical debate and what is a spiritual debate. I'm not going any further with this issue as it is being discussed among mods and admins and it pends a final decision, but think about it, we are just trying to benefit both parts. We don't support singular members or some groups, we try to support the community as a whole.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3510526 - 12/16/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It wouldn't be a problem if 1) people were so oversensitive or 2) the mods ignored the complaining of these oversensitive users. Make others suffer for their disagreement, eh? I doubt splitting the forums will help anything, these people will always be around.

But since these people won't stop being oversensitive or be ignored, maybe they could have an "S&P with Training Wheels" where there will be no debating, only New Age fluff, and then leave the real S&P alone and not ban users for presenting skeptical opions, dissecting the illogical of others statements or debating

We could name the "S&P with Training Wheels" forum the Magic and New Age forum, and then rename the S&P forum to the Philosophy forum

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: splitting S&P [Re: MAIA]
    #3510551 - 12/16/04 07:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Edit is see that your quote is not even mine :grin: I replied to it... Anyway :thumbup:

I understand that. Really I do and I am not suggesting to split anything. I just have seen that there is a majority of people in S and P that have to have a rational and logical end to every thread.

Belief has no room in S and P. And that is the hard part for a lot of people to deal with. What this majority is asking, is for the rest of the people to piss off.

At least that is how it feels............Oops I am not supposed to have feelings

--------------------

Edited by Fucknuckle (12/16/04 07:36 PM)

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: splitting S&P [Re: Ravus]
    #3510566 - 12/16/04 07:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
It wouldn't be a problem if 1) people were so oversensitive or 2) the mods ignored the complaining of these oversensitive users. Make others suffer for their disagreement, eh? I doubt splitting the forums will help anything, these people will always be around.

But since these people won't stop being oversensitive or be ignored, maybe they could have an "S&P with Training Wheels" where there will be no debating, only New Age fluff, and then leave the real S&P alone and not ban users for presenting skeptical opions, dissecting the illogical of others statements or debating

We could name the "S&P with Training Wheels" forum the Magic and New Age forum, and then rename the S&P forum to the Philosophy forum

SEE THIS IS CRAZY and the most childish thing I have ever heard. This is just like high school. The jocks and the burnouts. NUTS MAN JUST NUTS :smirk:

Why not just say that no Blacks, Women, Jews or Germans should be ALLOWED in to your little group. Because that is exaclty what your saying :thumbdown:

:confused:
Quote:

Ravus said:
and not ban users for presenting skeptical opions, dissecting the illogical of others statements or debating

Hello............ this has not happened  :smile:

Why do you guys keep saying this ?

--------------------

Edited by Fucknuckle (12/16/04 07:31 PM)

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #3510652 - 12/16/04 07:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Why not just say that no Blacks, Women, Jews or Germans should be ALLOWED in to your little group. Because that is exaclty what your saying  :whoa:

Where do you get this stuff?

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#3510654 - 12/16/04 07:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It should read...

"Spirituality............(for sensitive pussies)"

"Philosophy and Science, where the real men play"

That would give clear indication for newbies.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: splitting S&P [Re: Diploid]
    #3510754 - 12/16/04 07:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
Why not just say that no Blacks, Women, Jews or Germans should be ALLOWED in to your little group. Because that is exaclty what your saying  :whoa:

Where do you get this stuff?

Where ? do you have some special sunglasses on :crazy:
Right here is another fine example

Lonner2 said

"It should read...

"Spirituality............(for sensitive pussies)"

"Philosophy and Science, where the real men play"

That would give clear indication for newbies. " :grin:

I was making a comparision to how narrow minded and rude some people are when it comes to a special club :smirk:

See all the people that hold the unseen and unproveable in there hearts have all been put into one group and called  PUSSIES :sad:

Nice

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3510804 - 12/16/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

No, that is not the people that are called pussies. Those who are called sensitive pussies are those who overreact to others when they try to question and debate them about their beliefs

Philosophy is for discussion, and with different beliefs, discussion inevitably turns into debating. Those who do not want to support their beliefs or debate against others are the ones that need the Magic and New Age or Spirituality (for Sensitive Pussies) or whatever you want to call it forum

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: splitting S&P [Re: Ravus]
    #3510883 - 12/16/04 08:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So what your saying then is these "Pussies" are not worthy or less than the rest of you ? And the fact that this entire blowout has been confused with "overreact to others when they try to question and debate them about their beliefs"

Which is not even why anyone was banned and this confusion is the real problem.

You don't get it do you ?

The fact is I have yet to see any " Pussies " who can't handle logical debates. I have seen a few people get ganged up on and left. I have seen a few people get insulted in slick logical ways and leave. But the Gang don't see this because to many of them climb under the blanket of LOGIC.

The first time I posted a thread about good study habits of the bible. That thread never had a chance. It was ripped apart by people who refuse to even read it. That thread was supposed to reflect good study habits and understanding "Context" But all tha tahppened was I was told the bible was crap and there was no point to read it.

Anyway............Many people refuse to see the point here. I don't think S and P should be split. I think all the logic heads need to be adults and give respect to the " Pussies " :rolleyes:

This sucks :sad: This is just like grade school :thumbdown:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order