Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Loc: Vancouver, BC
3 grams - 5th time - question
    #3482735 - 12/11/04 05:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I need you guys' trusty help.

My partner and I are planning to trip tomorrow. It will be our fifth time tripping. My previous trips have been in the range of a first time of 1.6 grams to 2.5 grams (2 to start and then a booster of .5 grams about an hour or so later).

These dosages have put me in the Level 1 to Level 2 trip zone. I have very briefly dipped into Level 3 experiences such as experiencing 3-D closed eye visuals and brief moments where time started to be meaningless. I have always respected the mushroom and had a good set and setting. As a result, I've had my moments of uncertainty and anxiety, but overall the results have been positive. As far as my general mindframe, I am having one of the most rewarding and amazing years of my life in terms of relationship, work, personal development and a general feeling of well being and "life is great".

I realise that no one can comment on the strength of the mushroom or the dosage for any individual, but I need a little advice. Based on what I've posted, is it reasonable to assume that I should be okay with a 3 gram dosage?

Set and setting will be in a completely secure, comfortable environment. I will be well rested. I come from an intensely religious and spiritual background and am familiar and comfortable with the ideas of the mystical and otherwordly. In addition, beyond harm reduction concerns and not wanting to wade in too deeply too fast (I prefer baby steps versus total immersion), I am completely at ease with taking the mushrooms.

Your honest replies will be most appreciated. I'm not necessarily looking for a positive push to take a bigger dose of mushrooms, but rather for any feedback that any experienced trippers might have.

By the way, I usually wait 1.5 to 2.5 months between trips, but my last trip (2.5g) was 2 weeks ago. That was my first time tripping in a social setting, so it was mainly recreational with a lot of laughing and fooling around. It wasn't "tripping" in that amazing sense that I've had on my more solo type voyages.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: 3 grams - 5th time - question [Re: Tranceport]
    #3482763 - 12/11/04 05:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It sounds like you are in the ideal situation for a successful and fun fullfiling trip. I'd go for a whole eighth, or 3.5 grams. I think you will have a great time and are ready to flow with whatever happens :thumbup: It sounds like you're knowledgeable on what mushrooms are capable of, and are well prepared. Do it, and give us a detailed report :grin: above all, have fun!

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3482864 - 12/11/04 06:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds as though you know what you are doing. I'd suggest bumping it up to 3 or 3.5 grams.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: 3 grams - 5th time - question [Re: Supernova]
    #3483026 - 12/11/04 06:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

for me, 3.1 grams was ridiculously stronger than 2 grams. A whole new ballgame... be prepared to be amazed.

--------------------

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: 3 grams - 5th time - question [Re: Noviseer]
    #3483663 - 12/11/04 08:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Isn't that what it's all about? I don't see the point in not taking it to the limit. That's just me maybe.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3483863 - 12/11/04 09:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, while taking known doses is fun, for me the magic of tripping is spiraling off into infinity, not knowing if you're ever coming back, well you know you will but....ah, you know what I mean  :laugh:

--------------------

Edited by Dark_Star (12/11/04 09:20 PM)

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#3484318 - 12/11/04 10:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not saying he shouldn't take it to the limit... I wholly recommend solid dosing. Just answering his question... whats the difff between 2 and 3 grams, I think there's a big one.

--------------------

OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: 3 grams - 5th time - question [Re: Noviseer]
    #3484755 - 12/12/04 12:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think my concerns might be psychological in nature. I once tripped on 2 grams of mushrooms that were said to be quite potent. Apparently experienced trippers said their regular dose on these particular shrooms blew them out of the water.

Many amazing things happened during that trip. I set up votive candles around a rug with Aztec designs and worshipped it, I became a benevolent all powerful being and created beautiful worlds with slow calculated movements of my arms, I sat on the floor and touched the closet door with my big toe at which time I merged with it for a time, I saw Jesus in the bedroom door and then later during a late night walk along the ocean the trees had a great many mind blowing things to tell me. I swear I'm not crazy, but it all seemed so logical at the time. I had such deep and amazing thoughts that I'm still not sure where they came from, but I know that I would never be able to come up with them on my own in a million years. I might add for a period of time I also rolled around on the floor in discomfort as the weight of my insignificant existence pressed me down.

So it may very well be that I have already experienced a stronger trip in some respects. However, it seems to be the psychological edge of hitting that 3 gram mark that makes the difference. Before I always had that mental comfort of "I took a very reasonable dosage of mushrooms and so it doesn't really matter what happens because I'll be fine."

If I can somehow carry that with me into this experience, I think I should be okay as well.

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3486895 - 12/12/04 03:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hey i'm gonna be taking 3 grams for my fifth trip. Cheers guys, I dont know why, but for some reason you have made me really look forward to my next trip :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies