Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

FBI: House fires may be eco-terrorism
    #3458086 - 12/07/04 12:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/06/homes.des...d.ap/index.html

FBI: House fires may be eco-terrorism
Dozen homes priced at more than $400,000 are destroyed
Monday, December 6, 2004 Posted: 10:20 PM EST (0320 GMT)

INDIAN HEAD, Maryland (AP) -- More than a dozen expensive homes under construction were burned down early Monday in a suburban Washington housing development that had been criticized by environmentalists because it is next to a nature preserve, officials said.

An FBI agent said the fires may have been set by environmental extremists.

A dozen homes were destroyed and 29 others damaged near the state's Mattawoman Natural Environment Area. No injuries were reported. The damage was estimated at at least $10 million.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility.

Faron Taylor, a deputy state fire marshal, said investigators believe fires were set in at least four of the homes, which were priced at $400,000 to $500,000. Taylor refused to say what led investigators to conclude it was arson.

"At this point, our knowledge of the methodology is shared by us and the perpetrator, and we don't want to share that with anyone else," Taylor said.

A Sierra Club report had called the development "quintessential sprawl" because it is far from existing infrastructure and "threatens a fragile wetland and important historical sites near the Chesapeake Bay."

After the fires, the Sierra Club issued a statement saying it "strongly condemns all acts of violence in the name of the environment."

FBI spokesman Barry Maddox said FBI agents were on the scene and would investigate whether the fires were an act of ecoterrorism.

"Anything and everything will be considered, but we're not labeling this anything other than suspicious fires," Maddox said.

The blazes were reported before 5 a.m., drawing firefighters from four counties to the subdivision about 25 miles south of the nation's capital. The houses, on lots of about a quarter-acre each, were spread across a 10-acre area, Taylor said.

"This was a very, very affluent neighborhood under construction," Taylor said.

Taylor said the fire would be investigated by agents from the Maryland fire marshal's office and the federal Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which is routinely brought in to help investigate large fires.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: FBI: House fires may be eco-terrorism [Re: Jim]
    #3458781 - 12/07/04 08:03 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

the Eco-terrorist are not to Eco-friendly. all the wood and supplies wasted and not to mention more global warming from the fires. the insurance company will take a small hit and that is it.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineGFM
Cpt. Midnight!
Male User Gallery

Loc: "Around the way"
Re: FBI: House fires may be eco-terrorism [Re: lonestar2004]
    #3463146 - 12/08/04 03:19 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Good points!!! I know, from first hand info, that out west, the Earth Liberation Front, or some close to it, have set lethal traps for firemen responding to fires they set. Several have been killed.
I'm open minded to the green point of view, but, I'm not down with killing someone over half an acre lot, you know?

--------------------
"Anything not nailed down, is mine.  Anything I can pry up, is not nailed down."    Richard Millhouse Nixon.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: FBI: House fires may be eco-terrorism [Re: GFM]
    #3466233 - 12/08/04 05:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hearing about where those houses were I'd be pissed too..
but destruction doesn't solve the problem. It just makes the cause look childish and petty.
same with defacing cars.

I don't think I should even start in on how fucking dumb spiking trees is, or setting traps for firemen? I hadn't heard of that one before. Lame. Those people need to go. And by go, I mean grab a rope.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

OfflineGFM
Cpt. Midnight!
Male User Gallery

Loc: "Around the way"
Re: FBI: House fires may be eco-terrorism [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3468846 - 12/09/04 02:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah. In places where ELF or wanna' be's, are active in Colorado, the fire chief has to carry a weapon to defend the responders.
Like I said, I'm open to the message, but I'm not down with this kind of stuff.

--------------------
"Anything not nailed down, is mine.  Anything I can pry up, is not nailed down."    Richard Millhouse Nixon.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #3475378 - 12/10/04 09:34 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Good.

I'm all for destroying homes, cars, or other man made pieces of shit that tighten the strangle-hold we have on this planet.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#3475608 - 12/10/04 10:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Homes and buildings should be made with more thought for environmental concerns.

Arson and murder in the name of environmentalism? :crazy:

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: FBI: House fires may be eco-terrorism [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #3475610 - 12/10/04 10:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The return of the Luddites! Excellent material for a movie plot.

pinky

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: FBI: House fires may be eco-terrorism [Re: Jim]
    #3475649 - 12/10/04 11:07 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Members of ELF, ALF, and even PETA need to be vivisectioned.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #3475727 - 12/10/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"I'm all for destroying homes, cars, or other man made pieces of shit that tighten the strangle-hold we have on this planet."
While you're at it, why don't you uncap all the oil wells and torch them to save the planet!

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3475836 - 12/10/04 11:49 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

"I'm all for destroying homes, cars, or other man made pieces of shit that tighten the strangle-hold we have on this planet."
While you're at it, why don't you uncap all the oil wells and torch them to save the planet!

As if you aren't just as guilty as the rest of us for destroying the planet. I couldn't help but notice that you used a computer to post a message. Ever wonder how much you destroyed by powering that computer? Ever wonder how much you destroyed by purchasing that computer? Do you grow all of your own food? Do you grow your own fibers and weave your own clothing? If not, then you are a bigot that is just as responsible for the damages to the planet as the rest of us. (Although I quoted Autonomous, this was directed at Madtowntripper)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order