Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Ex-CIA says sacked for not faking Iraq WMD reports
    #3472479 - 12/09/04 07:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

When did CIA agents start having a conscious? I'm surprised to see this.

Yahoo News

Quote:

Ex-CIA agent says sacked for not faking Iraq WMD reports

1 hour, 34 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) - A sacked CIA (news - web sites) official has sued, alleging he was fired for refusing to fake reports supporting the White House position that Iraq (news - web sites) had weapons of mass destruction, local media said.

Described as a senior CIA official who was sacked in August "for unspecified reasons," the lawsuit appeared to be the first public instance of a CIA agent charging he was pressured to concoct intelligence on Iraq.

The suit claims the unidentified ex agent was urged to produce reports in line with President George W Bush's contention that Iraq had illegal chemical or biological weapons, which threatened US and international security.

"Their official dogma was contradicted by his reporting and they did not want to hear it," attorney Roy Krieger told The Washington Post of his client.

CIA spokeswoman Anya Guilsher told the daily she could not comment on the lawsuit, adding: "The notion that CIA managers order officers to falsify reports is flat wrong. Our mission is to call it like we see it and report the facts."

Krieger wrote a letter requesting a meeting with CIA Director Porter Goss due to "the serious nature of the allegations in this case, including deliberately misleading the president on intelligence concerning weapons of mass destruction," said the daily quoting the letter.

The United States overthrew the Iraqi dictatorship of Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) in April 2003, but has found no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq since then. The US government has acknowledged some of its pre-war intelligence may have been faulty.

The plaintiff, whose identity is blacked out in the version of the lawsuit seen by the Post, along with any reference to Iraq, is of Middle Eastern descent, worked 23 years in the CIA, much of them in covert operations collecting intelligence on weapons of mass destruction, said the daily.

The lawsuit was filed in a US District Court in Washington on Friday and made public Wednesday after it was screened by a judge, said the Post which obtained a copy.

It alleges that the CIA investigated alleged sexual and financial improprieties by the agent "for the sole purpose of discrediting him and retaliating against him for questioning the integrity of the WMD reporting ... and for refusing to falsify his intelligence reporting to support the politically mandated conclusion" of matters that were blacked out, according to the Washington daily.

The document states that in 2002 the plaintiff was "thwarted by CIA superiors" from reporting routine intelligence from a contact of his and that later he was approached by a senior officer "who insisted that plaintiff falsify his reporting."

When the plaintiff refused, the lawsuit said, the CIA's Counterproliferation Division ordered that he "remove himself from any further 'handling'" of the contact, referred elsewhere in the document as "a highly respected human asset."

The former agent's lawyer said the allegations were not true, and that his client had not been formally charged for any of them before being fired three months ago.

Krieger, who represents CIA personnel, told CNN television that such accusations were common practice at the agency.

"In the past seven or eight years I've represented probably in excess of 100 employees of the Central Intelligence Agency (news - web sites) and in our experience when (someone) at the agency gets into disfavor or gets himself in a position of opposition to the agency, one of two things -- sometimes both of them -- happen.

"Either he's subjected to a counterintelligence investigation based upon trumped-up allegations or he's referred to the office of Inspector General for investigation of his travel expenses, his finances and, in this case, payments made to an asset," Kreiger said.

In 2003, the lawsuit goes on to say, the CIA officer learned of the investigations against him and that he was refused a promotion "because of pressure from the DDO (Deputy Director of Operations) James Pavitt," according to the Post.

In September 2003, the plaintiff was placed on administrative leave without explanation and in August 2004 he was sacked also "for unspecified reasons," the Post said.

The lawsuit requests that the plaintiff be restored to his former position in the CIA and receives compensatory damages and legal fees.

The CIA knew it was bullshit. The buck stops at the White House.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Ex-CIA says sacked for not faking Iraq WMD reports [Re: Learyfan]
    #3472543 - 12/09/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The CIA has always been a tool of the white house. Its the president's personal play toy to carry out the ideas he has that would normally get him laughed out of the White house and cause huge controversy. This cold-war relic should be disbanded....

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3472649 - 12/09/04 07:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
When did CIA agents start having a conscious? I'm surprised to see this.

Most CIA agents have at least one doctoral degree. The FBI might be made up of gung ho cop-type people, but the CIA is made up of very bright individuals.

Quote:

WASHINGTON (AFP) - A sacked CIA (news - web sites) official has sued, alleging he was fired for refusing to fake reports supporting the White House position that Iraq (news - web sites) had weapons of mass destruction, local media said.

The plaintiff, whose identity is blacked out in the version of the lawsuit seen by the Post, along with any reference to Iraq, is of Middle Eastern descent, worked 23 years in the CIA, much of them in covert operations collecting intelligence on weapons of mass destruction, said the daily.

So you'll believe this guy, or at least pimp his cause, but when Iraqi dissidents claimed that they saw WMD's being built, it's a lie and we should disregard it?
Quote:

It alleges that the CIA investigated alleged sexual and financial improprieties by the agent "for the sole purpose of discrediting him and retaliating against him for questioning the integrity of the WMD reporting ... and for refusing to falsify his intelligence reporting to support the politically mandated conclusion" of matters that were blacked out, according to the Washington daily.

I'd like more details on these improprieties.
Quote:

The CIA knew it was bullshit. The buck stops at the White House.

So how did the CIA know? Informants inside Iraq saying that their weren't WMD's? What about the onest hat said that their were? Should we just agree with whichever one makes America look the worst?

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Ex-CIA says sacked for not faking Iraq WMD reports [Re: SoopaX]
    #3472977 - 12/09/04 08:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

So you'll believe this guy, or at least pimp his cause, but when Iraqi dissidents claimed that they saw WMD's being built, it's a lie and we should disregard it?

I'd like to see a source on that.

You need to get over it. There was no WMD. Everyone knows this by now. The question now is who to blame.

--------------------

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3473303 - 12/09/04 09:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Canada.

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3473337 - 12/09/04 09:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The CIA needs to be dismantled. Yet another waste of taxes that goes to sponsoring terrorism.

I just realized that we should make a commercial like the old ones the Drug Czar had made. Ya know, the ones that said if you buy drugs you support terrorism. Well, if you pay taxes, you support terrorism.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Ex-CIA says sacked for not faking Iraq WMD reports [Re: DNKYD]
    #3474003 - 12/09/04 11:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

how do you collect information then?
I think the CIA should be what it is supposed to be; an information gathering agency and nothing more.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Ex-CIA says sacked for not faking Iraq WMD reports [Re: Vvellum]
    #3474391 - 12/10/04 12:52 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

True. The CIA should be abolished though, and a new, smaller, extremely limited agency put in its place that will collect information and only collect information.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Ex-CIA says sacked for not faking Iraq WMD reports [Re: DNKYD]
    #3477218 - 12/10/04 03:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Learyfan, how can you believe such far fetched and illogical things? If the President knew Iraq had no WMD, and that finding none would be an embarassment, would be a quagmire, and would raise oil prices, why the hell do you think he did it? It doesn't make any sense. Admit that it was a MISTAKE not a conspiracy.

Anyway, the CIA thought they were right and wanted to trim information that would make it difficult to have a decisive policy. So what? Maybe next time they will ask a few more questions.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Ex-CIA says sacked for not faking Iraq WMD reports [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3477301 - 12/10/04 04:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

haha "if you pay taxes you support terrorism"

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#3478296 - 12/10/04 07:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Learyfan, how can you believe such far fetched and illogical things? If the President knew Iraq had no WMD, and that finding none would be an embarassment, would be a quagmire, and would raise oil prices, why the hell do you think he did it? It doesn't make any sense. Admit that it was a MISTAKE not a conspiracy.

What has this "mistake" cost Bush?

--------------------

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

#3478356 - 12/10/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Admit that it was a MISTAKE not a conspiracy.

How about you explain how exactly all of this can be brushed off as an honest mistake without even considering the mere possibility that it may to some degree be connected to some sort of conspiracy?

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: Ex-CIA says sacked for not faking Iraq WMD reports [Re: usefulidiot]
    #3482240 - 12/11/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The total lack of evidence to support the theories that abound about Bush.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #3482502 - 12/11/04 04:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hmm, lawsuit filed by ex-CIA agent... Looks like evidence to me. :smirk:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Ex-CIA says sacked for not faking Iraq WMD reports [Re: Adamist]
    #3482507 - 12/11/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I always said that they would try to fake the WMD's somehow... It's funny that they actually tried and it backfired on them. :lol:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: Ex-CIA says sacked for not faking Iraq WMD reports [Re: Adamist]
    #3482982 - 12/11/04 06:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

In this vast conspiracy, why didn't anyone think to actually plant tons of WMD's in Iraq thus vindicating them? if I were going to plan such a massive conspiracy, I'd have it end with me being quite popular, rather than hated by the world and considered a liar.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3483427 - 12/11/04 08:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SoopaX said:
In this vast conspiracy, why didn't anyone think to actually plant tons of WMD's in Iraq thus vindicating them? if I were going to plan such a massive conspiracy, I'd have it end with me being quite popular, rather than hated by the world and considered a liar.

Well, we'd have to take Bush's lack of intelligence into account.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Re: Ex-CIA says sacked for not faking Iraq WMD reports [Re: silversoul7]
    #3483470 - 12/11/04 08:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Why is England, Australia, Poland, Japan, Italy and other countries involved, too? Why would you put all the blame on Bush and the CIA when there are other countries involved in the coalition in Iraq, unless, of course, you just hated America because you think its in fashion?

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: Ex-CIA says sacked for not faking Iraq WMD reports [Re: silversoul7]
    #3483696 - 12/11/04 08:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Then you'd have to take it into account for the rest of the conspiracy as well. If he and his handlers were bright enough to pull off 9/11 for an Afghanistan invasion for oil purposes and bright enough to pull the wool over the eyes of America then we'd just have to extrapolate that at least one of them would have said "Hey, instead of looking like fools, lets just plant some WMD's! We have plenty of them and we can control the investigation so noone really finds out their source". I just think that, had WMD's been found, it would have been the lynchpin for the whole thing. Wouldn't the majority of the people who were against the war be silenced if we'd found tons of banned weapons over there? Or some anthrax? It's just such an important part I don't see how they didn't do it. I am not a supporter of such theories but even I imagined how they could fly some drums of smallpox over to Iraq and "find" them and silence the critics and justify the whole damn thing. With a justification for Iraq, maybe Iran would be next?

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3484374 - 12/11/04 10:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ya, I have to admit, I was surprised they didn't at least plant some WMD's, especially with such a close election.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order