Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelizzardking
journeyman

grams per cased cake
    #345403 - 06/20/01 05:40 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I've recently been messing with different casing tray sizes.I like using the tin foil bread pans.I cut a 1/2 pint cake into thirds place two of the pieces in the middle of the pan and crumble the last piece inbetween the two.With the proper watering of the substrate(50/50+) i'm seeing roughly between 9-15 shrooms.Between 3.5-6 grams dry( 1st flush).I was just curious to here what other people are getting.

"i can do anything" :wink:

I support www.thehawkseye.com

--------------------
[blue]"i can do anything"[/blue] :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblehappyday
Stranger

Re: grams per cased cake [Re: lizzardking]
    #8446801 - 05/26/08 01:00 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Dependent on strain, the q of cakes, and the quality of the mycelium...and of course environmental conditions.

We get around 150 to 220+(fresh) per 200m gram cake without casing. Expect just a little more with casing...we have tested many strains.

Try Amazonian or Treasure Coast from Sporeworks. Amazon fruits extremely well in vitro without casing or fruting chamber. TC to lesser degree. Both will produce similiar biological efficiency (perhaps should be termed "mycological effiency"), provided you have good control over everything else.

Good luck.

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: grams per cased cake [Re: happyday]
    #8446861 - 05/26/08 01:21 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

The strain actually doesn't matter at all.
All strains are capable of excellent fruiting.

It's the specific genetics of each phenotype that matters.

Differences between strains and flushing habits, mostly result from the above mentioned genetics and their density.
If you'd compare the fruiting of let's say Huautla and penis Envy, PE probably won't fruit as abundantly or often as Huautla, due to it's texture.
It's extremely meaty and since there's only a limited amount of water and nutrients in each substrate, these resources are distributed either in few big/meaty fruits, or many small/hollow fruits.

Invisiblehappyday
Stranger

Re: grams per cased cake [Re: Fahkface]
    #8447210 - 05/26/08 03:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I beg to differ. Not all strains are created equal.

I have tested hundreds under similiar conditions side by side, and repeated the experiments. You can look and look for a phenotype from say, a Costa Rica I have, and you will never isolate a strain that provides as abundant a yield as say...an Amazonian strain I possess.

When you talk about species other than cube, you find this even more so.

It doesn't make sense that all strains of the same species will produce similiar yields. You could say most cubes are forgiving and are easier to fruit, but couldn't go further.

Edited by happyday (05/26/08 05:29 PM)

OfflinePrometheus82
Stranger

#8447369 - 05/26/08 03:51 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Well first of all you didnt mention what type of substrate you're using. 50/50+ is a casing. A good one but it also depends on what type of substrate and how deep it is. So tell us.

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: grams per cased cake [Re: Prometheus82]
    #8448940 - 05/26/08 10:53 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I have tested hundreds under similiar conditions side by side, and repeated the experiments.

Hundreds of strains?

For some reason you seem to know a lot more strains, than the rest of the world...

Other species and genera surely fruit differently than cubes, but this is because they inhibit huge differences in their genetic sources.
Their texture is completely different, their shape is completely different and their size is completely different. You simply can't compare other species and genera to each other.

Quote:

You can look and look for a phenotype from say, a Costa Rica I have, and you will never isolate a strain that provides as abundant a yield as say...an Amazonian strain I possess.

Because you didn't experience it yet?
I've seen many, many grows from many,many people that were a lot more abundant, than many, many Amazon grows.

If you take two trays of the same size, filled with the same substrate and let them fruit under the same environmental circumstances, while using an Amazon isolate and a Costa Rica isolate, you can have two trays that fruit more or less the same way.
None is more abundant than the other.
A phenotype from any strain, that has good genetics, will produce the maximum amount of fruits the substrate is capable of.
If you take two strains, that tend to develop same structured fruits (which most strains are), the number of fruits doesn't vary very much.
They both go for the max, and the Amazon can't squeeze out the substrate more than any other strain.

Invisiblehappyday
Stranger

#8449462 - 05/27/08 02:09 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I was only responding to your post, not ridiculing you. So let's work together rather than insult each other.

When I utilize the term "strain", I am including both varieties of cubensis (i.e. amazon, golden teacher, etc.) AND the strains (you call phenotypes) within each variety. I use the word "strain" more loosely than you and it can be.

Re: "The strain actually doesn't matter at all.
All strains are capable of excellent fruiting."

Your above statement is a generalization and I think you contradicted yourself several times in a row after that.

You said you have seen many, many fruitings, that were alot more abundant than many, many amazonian grows. Then you go on and say "None is more abundant than the other."

And you also stated a phenotype from any strain "that has good genetics". This was really my point. Some varieties are better fruiters and more capable of providing a better ratio of high-yielding phenotypes.

Not to boast, but actually I could say thousands of strains over twenty years. This is afterall, my industry and not my hobby.

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8450043 - 05/27/08 10:01 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

You said you have seen many, many fruitings, that were alot more abundant than many, many amazonian grows. Then you go on and say "None is more abundant than the other."

Yeah, because those weren't isolates.
If we assume, that we created two ideal isolates of two strains (and I mean the merchandised ones), there would probably won't be any difference in their fruiting abilities, for they both would produce the maximum numbers of fruits, the substrate is capable of.
So, most likely there wouldn't be a more abundant fruiter.

Quote:

And you also stated a phenotype from any strain "that has good genetics". This was really my point. Some varieties are better fruiters and more capable of providing a better ratio of high-yielding phenotypes.

Well, this is exactly the point where I have a different opinion, than you do, I guess mostly because our experiences are different about this.
However, I can't say, that I've seen any strains anywhere on this boards or anywhere else, that constantly (or at least a lot more often) fruit better others do.

As I said before, there are differences in the fruiting abilities (watched over the whole period of fruiting, not only the first flush), which are caused by the different grades of density and size.

However it may be, it wasn't my purpose to make you think I felt insulted and therefore insult you.
Not at all. I'm sorry if it sounded like it.
I could have added some smiley etc. when making my post, but as you can see, I didn't. the cruse of written communication :wink:

It's a normal discussion, that may sound heated at some points, but isn't really meant to be. At least not from my side.

We've two different opinions, due to our different experience and try to convince our counterpart of this very opinion, by writing down our experience, the experience of others, proven facts and logical combinations, that sometimes ain't logical at all :rolleyes:

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Quiet simply:thumbup: :wink:

Offlinedstark
Manifesting Minds
Male User Gallery

#8450072 - 05/27/08 10:13 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

happy it really depends on genetics :/ if you eat mushrooms that his myc. was grown from bad spore genetics
while you eat mushroom from good genetics myc. (both same conditions) you might fill a difference! :P

Usually mushrooms wight from fresh to dry getting lower by 1/3 (not really sure ^^ )

--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: grams per cased cake [Re: dstark]
    #8450102 - 05/27/08 10:24 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

dstark said:
happy it really depends on genetics :/ if you eat mushrooms that his myc. was grown from bad spore genetics
while you eat mushroom from good genetics myc. (both same conditions) you might fill a difference! :P

Usually mushrooms wight from fresh to dry getting lower by 1/3 (not really sure ^^ )

We're all agree, that it's the genetics, also Happy does.
The question wasn't really if it's the genetics, the question was if the different strains, provide different fruiting abilities in a way, that they can be considered "better fruiters" or not. :smile:

OfflineTheBandit
Infidel
Male

Re: grams per cased cake [Re: dstark]
    #8450113 - 05/27/08 10:28 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

dstark said:

they'll be 1/10 their original weight.
why would you post something your not too sure about?
especially something not entirely on topic and something im sure someone whos grown that many shrooms, already knows?

not trying to be a dick, just trying to help you be a better  poster.
:gangsta:

--------------------

[quote]RogerRabbit said:
Ah, that explains it.  Typical know-it-all noob.  We get a few thousand just like you register here every year.  They try a few grows, fail miserably and then after a few months or one bad trip, go back to sniffing glue, never to be seen again.

We have a basic pf tek that's idiot proof enough for noobs to get fucked up with their friends. 

Mycologists on the other hand grow for the love of growing.  They want to experiment with various species, substrates, and fruiting environments. They'll move on to isolate strains, attempt hybridization, and in general treat cultivation as an artform, rather than a chore that must be performed as a means to an end.  They'll work twice as hard for a ten percent gain, just for the love of perfection.  These are the ones who will isolate strains, not the dumb fucks who treat mushrooms as a drug, or even worse, a pathogen, as if mushrooms cause disease.
RR [/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds