Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegoaskadam
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: San Francisco, CA
Problems (contamination?) in the fruiting stage
    #3449013 - 12/05/04 06:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I keep running into problems during the fruiting stage. This time I thought all that happened was one of my shrooms spored. But now growth has stopped.

This has happened to me a couple times now. The cakes are fine, but suddenly they stop growing. Is the "chamber" really sensitive to temperature changes? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any suggestions are much appreciated. I'll post a pic of my stunted shrooms.

Adam

Edited by goaskadam (12/05/04 06:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Problems (contamination?) in the fruiting stage [Re: goaskadam]
    #3449936 - 12/05/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Looks a little dry but that is hard to tell. Cakes and casings for that matter seem to hate to pin in spots that are covered in spores.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Problems (contamination?) in the fruiting stage [Re: goaskadam]
    #3449941 - 12/05/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

growth can stall and shrooms abort for a number of reasons - that looks like a bucket, and i'm guessing that your problem is not enough air exchange.

good luck  :smile:

--------------------
buh

Offlinegoaskadam
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: San Francisco, CA
Re: Problems (contamination?) in the fruiting stage [Re: shirley knott]
    #5017700 - 12/05/05 12:34 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I'm still having problems in the fruiting stage.

I think I'm not waiting long enough after colonization before I birth the cakes. So typically I birth these white cakes that do nothing except grow a little white fuzz and then go bad.

I have a bunch of cakes that I birthed too early like this (premies? :-) Should I put them back into jars? It seems to me that even if they were birthed before pinning that eventually SOMETHING should grow. But nothing does.

Any thoughts? Thanks..

Adam

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies