Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Wal Mart Trichocereus spachianus
    #3363700 -

I just bought three Trichocereus spachianus from Wal Mart last night. I was real surprised to find them. I havent been able to find very much info on the alkaloid content of spachianus, or growing experience. Anyone familiar with this cacti?


--------------------
^ Above post is complete fiction. ^

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wal Mart Trichocereus spachianus [Re: rockstafarian]
    #3364665 -

Were they labled as Trichocereus spachianus? Because generally wal-mart cacti aren't labeled specifically.

I think the general consensus on spachianus is that it doesn't contain mescaline, but contains hordenine and possibly other alkaloids.

Helpful articles:
http://www.entheogen.com/articles/pre-2004/ITrichocereus.html
http://www.entheogen.com/articles/pre-2004/alklist.html


--------------------
Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wal Mart Trichocereus spachianus [Re: Hooty]
    #3373547 -

yeah post pictures of the cacti. Walmart and other big places are known to mislable plants, especially cacti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wal Mart Trichocereus spachianus [Re: ethnobotany]
    #3374579 -

Sorry, If I had a camera I would post some pictures. The cacti weren't labeled. Spachianus was my ID, and although I can't say that I am 100% positive, I am pretty sure of it.


--------------------
^ Above post is complete fiction. ^

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wal Mart Trichocereus spachianus [Re: rockstafarian]
    #3422129 -

Trichocereus spachianus (Echinopsis spachiana) is pretty easy to ID. The top pic is representative:

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Cactaceae/Trichocereus_spachianus.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wal Mart Trichocereus spachianus [Re: nookjohn]
    #3422915 -

unless there are a lot of similar looking cacti, im pretty sure those are growing all over around the Mojave area of SoCal.

those contain mescaline?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wal Mart Trichocereus spachianus [Re: Jumpy]
    #3424107 -

Those are not the cacti native to the Mojave area of SoCal.


--------------------
~ Dead to the Core ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wal Mart Trichocereus spachianus [Re: nookjohn]
    #3424783 -

tourist said:
Trichocereus spachianus (Echinopsis spachiana) is pretty easy to ID. The top pic is representative:

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Cactaceae/Trichocereus_spachianus.html



I was looking at the listing for Pedros and Torches on that website. They list torches as Echinopsis peruviana. They say the the Torch is more sensitive to cold than the Pedros. I thought that the Torches were supposed to be more hardy. It also says that they get up to 5 ft long. I thought that they got much bigger than that.


--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wal Mart Trichocereus spachianus [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #3425269 -

they do.
do you believe blindly in everything you read? =)


FH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wal Mart Trichocereus spachianus [Re: felixhigh]
    #3428044 -

I just wanted to show that to you guys and see what you said. I thought that it was wrong. Otherwise I wouldn't have said anything.


--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wal Mart Trichocereus spachianus [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #3429004 -

you have your point, that's a strong site and it usually does have accurate data...


FH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* are my plants fucked and san pedro at wal mart.
( 1 2 all )
ferrel_human 1,694 24 04/03/10 10:55 AM
by ferrel_human
* poppie seeds from wal-mart Ogla 2,664 7 06/13/07 01:32 PM
by wang_chung00
* do these wal-mart poppies produce opium...and how many sq ft do i need to pull a NICE harvest... cannaben 13,661 5 10/25/10 12:20 PM
by jokefox
* Echinopsis Subdenudata - Stunning trophycase 1,341 5 03/16/12 06:58 PM
by trophycase
* k-mart cacti wookie 1,293 9 02/13/07 08:12 PM
by wookie
* P. torch from the mart!! AIRDOG 253 2 08/28/12 01:07 PM
by AIRDOG
* Wal-Mart cactus id. 3 of them WillSolvem 550 7 08/10/14 08:46 AM
by 1234go
* Went Cacti shopping at wal-mart! *DELETED* Alias-L 510 7 05/08/16 05:52 AM
by kactus.brand.g

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,084 topic views. 0 members, 8 guests and 24 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.