Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedmb420

Timing of flushes
    #339411 - 06/12/01 08:34 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I have been confused about multiple flushes from a casing...
Hawk recommends that if possible harvesting an entire flush "within 24 hours if possible"...
AFOAF has a casing fruiting and there are about 15 shrooms about 4 inches tall and from exerience will break their veils in about 2 days...
But there are literally 100+ shrooms up to 1 inch, again from experience, will break their veils in about 4 or 5 days...
Are these two different flushes growing at the same time?
Should he let all that are growing to mature before harvesting?

He who stands on toilet gets high on pot.
Support the FSR!

--------------------
Support the FSR!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: Timing of flushes [Re: dmb420]
    #339419 - 06/12/01 08:43 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I'm very happy you asked that question. When working with cakes flushes can sometimes "grow in to" each other. I would STRONGLY suggest you pick the mature fruits before they cover everything with spores. If you rip up a few pins with them, there's nothing you can do about it. Also, it's better than leaving a "stump" there to rot and contaminate. Once you pick these shroomies off your casing the other ones should grow nicely. Full stripping of the substrate/fruiting layer is only good when using casing... peace and good luck

damn too much beer tonight ... thought you said you were working with cakes... :laugh:
"slutguts" - auto59009
Drool Donkey Island

Edited by BrownPastures on 06/12/01 10:52 PM.

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #339421 - 06/12/01 08:47 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

A flush is basically mushrooms growing around the same time frame. I would say what you have is the first flush with a few earlybirds. It won't hurt to harvest the first small group at peak time, but I would say, since the 100+ pins are 2 days behnd the 15, wait for them make prints of the best earlybirds and the rest will be in their prime. Pach your holes with verm, contams especially green mold likes open myc....

Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy.....

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

Offlineegghead
veteran
Loc: Milky Way
    #339429 - 06/12/01 08:50 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

This is one of those things that you sort of have to experience to get a full appreciation of what's going on.

You have to make a judgement call on harvesting the first 15. If they're growing in clusters among the short ones, chances are you'll damage the root systems of the small while harvesting the bigs. If this is the case, to avoid a big spore mess you might consider harvesting the bigs w/ a pair of scissors. Snip them off low, but so no damage is done to the smalls. Then pick off the stump when you harvest the smalls.

When you pick an entire casing clean, it sets you up for an 'even' second flush where you don't have to deal w/ this prob.

g'luck..take pics if you can.

--------------------
Where there's skill, there's a better way..

Offlinedmb420

Re: Timing of flushes [Re: egghead]
    #339443 - 06/12/01 09:13 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks egghead...
Cant afford a dig cam right now. That would be sooo cool. The casing is such a beautiful sight right now.
Perhaps the "early birds" will have their caps snipped for prints.
It makes good sense to me.
Then after a couple of days the casing will be stripped.
What a sight that will be.
Thanks blunted for your reply.
Peace....

Support the FSR!

--------------------
Support the FSR!

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #339457 - 06/12/01 09:37 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

What no thanks to me? No respect I tell ya , no respect.. I forgot to mention once you have picked everthing and have a clean slate you need to put a very, very thin layer of verm to cover all bare spots and mist the case heavily to rehydrate it.....

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

Offlinedmb420

Re: Timing of flushes [Re: egolesss]
    #339461 - 06/12/01 09:48 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I didnt mean to leave anyone out (kinda like the oscars)
Thanks to you too egoless..
And thanks to this wonderful board!!!!!
My question to you egoless is this: Do you think covering the patches with straight verm is better than casing soil?

Support the FSR!

--------------------
Support the FSR!

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #339469 - 06/12/01 09:59 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

No, I think you have to find what works best for you, your questions lead me to believe you are just getting started, and vermiculite is so easy to work with, it is perfect for beginners. The different casing ingredients are a big discussion here, my friend has found verm to be very reliable, 50/50 and others may produce bigger flushes but they contaminate more than straight vern and if you average out the larger flush to occasional complete loss from time to time, my friend appreciates a definite success as it suits his needs fine. One more tip, never put all your eggs in one basket, if you have 10 jars split them up into 2 or 3 different containers when casing or you may lose the whole lot........

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom